- To contribute relevant experience and educational background to the position of Network Administrator within aproductive company where experience and excellence will be utilized and advanced.
- Barracuda firewall
- BrightStor ARCserve Backup
- Group Policy
- Cisco UCS, NetApp
- Iron Mountain Electronic Vaulting
- Virtual Data Protection
- Cisco 3750/2960 switches
- RAID 5 configuration.
Confidential, Sandy Springs, Georgia
Senior Solution Engineer
- Work with architects to build out three tiers virtual machines consisting of web, application and database servers using Architecture Design Build documentations in a virtual infrastructure which consist of two vCenters, ten datacenters, 80 hosts and 1,485 virtual machines combined.
- Senior Solution Engineer responsible for migrating six applications which include Omnis\Aims, eDOCS\Opentext, ICMX, Intranet US, Robocom and Terminal Download
- Worked closely with Operations, Wintel Engineering, Database team, Project Manager, Application and Development teams to define requirements for automation solutions based on existing processes of provisioning infrastructure and software delivery systems across multiple environments.
- Perform server engineering including system builds, application installation, integration and upgrades via Microsoft Deployment Toolkit for automated deployment of Windows 2008 R2 and Windows 2012 R2.
- Lead Solution Engineer responsible for migrating six applications to three tier design from the Richmond, Toronto, Alpharetta datacenter to Atlanta Metro.
- Knowledge of technical and business requirements gathered from the business units.
- Perform root cause analysis to quickly recover from service interruptions, and to prevent recurring problems.
- Perform technical reviews comparing enterprise standard platform components with that of their leading industry competitors.
- Consult with other business units (e.g. application team, DBAs, security team, project manager, etc.) to configure platforms for product installation.
- Ensure platforms and system conforms to established enterprise/industry standards (systems management, security, operating systems, etc.) and reference models.
- Implement changes to platforms with minimal impact to the business by following enterprise standards and procedures using eService Desk.
- Monitor, manage, and tune platforms to ensure expected availability and performance levels are achieved.
- Coordinate conference calls and Webex session with internal and external technology owners.
- Plan and implement life cycle management of application migration from Richmond datacenter to Atlanta Metro.
- Build, configure and deploy VMs from templates and completed Physical - to-Virtual (P2V), migration of Windows 2003, 2008, to Windows 2012 as well as Linux servers from VMware legacy hardware.
- Perform security updates and patch management using Confidential Endpoint Management Console.
- Verify that baseline tools are communicating with their respective master servers.
- Generate CSR, generate SSL certificate via internal PKI server, installed certificate using IIS management console, export certificate and binding it to specified ports as per Architecture Design Build document.
- Troubleshoot application errors and closely work with QA, Development, DBAs, Server Services and Network Services teams on resolving those issues.
- Implemented SQL Always-on for database server across datacenter located in Richmond and Atlanta Metro
Confidential, Duluth, Georgia
Senior System Engineer\Architect
- Work closely with the network architecture team in designing, developing and implementing campus network solution for Baxter Pharmaceutical.
- Analyze business case definition and technical analysis before deployment of network switches, servers, virtual machines and software
- Employ senior level experience and skills to effectively drive the business in the areas of crisis management, process reengineering, troubleshooting and problem solving.
- Plan, write and present arguments and recommendations on the evaluation, adoption and insertion of new technologies and IT proposals.
- Communicate technical matters and benefits to non-technical team, using broad understanding of technology and lar ge-scale implementations as it relate s to influencing t he strategy and direction of the organization.
- Design IP address scheme at the request of the stakeholder to reflect the environment and Vlan assignment as it relates to each building in a campus network.
- Responsible for coordinating connectivity area transition projects and changes to existing network architecture implementations.
- Arrange major contracts, vendor partnerships and make purchases providing a base for cost and functionality enhancement of IT services.
- Work closely with stakeholder to ensure that all hardware and software p asses Factory Acceptance Test, Functional Requirements Specification and Detailed Design Specification as per FDA regulations
- Procure network switches, servers, KVM, KMM, Wyse terminals, UPS, VMware 5.5 license, NAS for Baxter project.
- Responsible for implementing network related projects as well as configuring and maintaining various network devices.
- Racked, stacked, installed, cabled and configured Cisco 3750e for HSRP.
- Install adapters, 10 Gigabit transceivers and configure port channel to increase bandwidth and redundancy for downstream switches.
- Cable and attach servers, NAS, to Cisco 3750 management switches and assign ports to their appropriate Vlans.
- Install, configure and administer VMware 5.5 on Dell PE R720 servers, Iomega storage appliance.
- Manage Vsphere license, create and name container objects and adding hosts to vCenter inventory.
- Configure VMkernel port on standard virtual switch and give host access to datastore.
- Download, configured and applied Virtual Data Protection as the backup solution for the virtual Infrastructure.
- Set up new user account in vCenter and assign permission for virtual machine access.
- Troubleshoot and resolve connectivity issues between Honeywell HC900R and network infrastructure.
Confidential, Norcross, Georgia
Senior Systems Administrator
- Member of a team consisting of Systems Engineers and Storage Administrator that manage datacenter for
- Manage 6 vCenter instances running ESXi 5.1, and 5.5, over 150 hosts, over 40 clusters, 6,000+ virtual machines.
- Creating and cloning server from template and live VMs.
- Host\cluster deployment and management using a mix of standalone and blade servers which includes Confidential 36xx, 38xx M2 M3, CISCO UCS 5108 Chassis, 6248UP and 6296UP Fabric Interconnects, B200 and B420 M3 Blades
- Managed 2 production and 1 Pre-prod Domains consisting of 17 Chassis, ~ 110 Blades, 38 Service Templates, ~ 160 vlans
- Create Service Profiles and associating them to blades, creating Updating Service profile templates consisting of MAC, IP Pools, VNIC templates, VLANS and applying them to appropriate service profiles.
- Installed ESXi OS on Cisco Blades and presenting blades to vCenter.
- Created and configures vSphere Standard Switches and Distributed Virtual Switches
- Planned, Installed, Tested and Documented vSphere 5.1 to 5.5 upgrade
- Installed and configured the vCenter DB, vCenter Server and Plugin Server (VUM and SRM)
- Test and document non-disruptive host migration from 5.1 vCenter to 5.5 vCenter
- Planned, implemented and documented yearly Disaster Recovery plan using VMware’s Site Recovery Manager Solution.
- Created array based replication between sites using NetApp storage replication adapters, configured sites, setup array managers, protection groups and recovery plans.
- Lead several virtualization migration projects that included migrating virtual machines from old standalone hosts to the UCS Flexpod.
- Planed, Scheduled and Implemented a series storage and compute migrations for each business division.
- Download and install UCS extension plugin to vCenter
- Create virtual machine port group and migrate VMs to vCenter Distributed switch
- Migrate management and vMotion port groups to distributed virtual switch
- In depth knowledge of virtualization technology, Cisco UCS, and Storage platform.
- Worked with the network service delivery team to rollout new Cisco USC blades for UAT environment.
- Configured snapshot to preserve virtual machine state before installing SQL 2008 R2.
- Configure, create, resize and present volumes using NetApp OnCommand System Manager for VMware environment.
- Decommissioned Confidential servers, rack, stack and ship these servers to DR site in Chantilly, Virginia.
- Work on projects building out, cloning and P2V virtual machine.
- Participated in a stringent change control process, that included: Tech Reviews with infrastructure team members, submission of detailed Change Control Records, Implementation Reviews with business and application owners, Change Review Board meetings and Change Control Implementation
Confidential, Marietta, Georgia
Lead System Administrator
- Lead system administrator for Confidential datacenter migration moving more than 200 physical servers and virtual machines, from Marietta, Georgia to Quality Technology datacenter located at downtown Atlanta.
- Coordinated datacenter move with backup, connectivity, project manager, operations, application, Windows and VMware teams to ensure all policies and procedures are followed before taking servers offline.
- Created change ticket using BMC remedy and assign tasks to the above mentioned teams.
- Request new IP address from connectivity team to be assigned to servers, login to servers, change IP address on backup and ILO before powering down. Servers are brought back online at the remote site and are able to keep their production IP address via Overlay Transport Virtualization configured and implemented by the connectivity team.
- P2V all windows 2000 servers that are to be moved to new datacenter.
- Coordinated moving virtual machine from protected site to recovery site with storage team, shutdown virtual machine. Locate .vmx file on datastore, add to inventory and turn on VLAN.
- Confirmed with application team that relevant application(s) are brought back online and are accessible before classifying the move as successful.
- Knowledge of VMware 5.1 Site Replication Manager.
- Configure PDU on HP racks for remote access.
Confidential, Atlanta, Georgia
- Implementation and associated project work for new and/or upgraded projects. Project work includes effective task and activity estimates, adherence to project management procedures, and ownership of quality, financial, and timeline commitments.
- Windows Server management, design, and improvement project/tasks in a mission critical change controlled environment.
- Worked on project as lead administrator for Georgia Bureau of Investigation Sex Offenders Registry by installing seven servers running Windows 2008 R2, which include two application servers, two web servers, one web admin and two database servers.
- Worked on a matrix team consisting of a variety of Infrastructure Engineering groups, as well as Development groups and Client Relationship groups.
- Installed and configured Confidential six pack monitoring tools such as Fusion agent for server health check, Tivoli Monitoring, Server Enabled Automation, Server Resource Management for capacity and management reports, SMBDI for server up/down alerts, Tivoli Framework.
- Racked, installed roles and features, configured failover cluster using MSCS for both application and web servers, Worked with the SAN team to setup storage space for Quorum drives.
- Installed and configured VMware ESXi 4.1, build virtual machines, and installed VM tools on Confidential 3650 servers, performed P2V migration with VMware converter of legacy servers to new host.
- One of 3 System Administrator as part of a team that architected and build large scale VMware environment running Vsphere 4.1, 40+ ESXi servers, 600+ Windows servers utilizing SAN storage, DRS, HA.
- Managed Sev1 and Sev2 server incidents for my group as well as steady state projects.
- Download and update firmware for SAN storage move.
- Use of GPOs and other automation methodologies or tools to enforce corporate policies and standards for efficiency and service automation. Monitored usage, capacity, and performance of servers; liaises with users and/or vendors to address problems and changes in requirements. Technical advisor on numerous projects including hardware refreshes and upgrades.
- Active Directory management, patching & system updates, anti-virus and other security management, application configuration/management, and change control.
- Worked with other departments to provide an overall 95% availability of enterprise and production services.
- Supported or led multiple implementations concurrently.
- Provided 24x7 support to datacenter environment by responding to off hour calls within IT SLA guidelines.
Confidential , Atlanta, Georgia
- Installed and Administer Production Servers running Windows 2000/2003/2008 servers.
- Import files that are stuck on FTP servers running Linux using FileZilla.
- Installed and configured Cisco 3640 router using SDM to restrict traffic and give access to network.
- Move users and assign ports to different VLANS on Cisco 2960 series switch.
- Experience with capacity planning and migration of physical servers to be virtualized.
- Use VMware Converter to virtualize physical servers running Windows 2000/2003/2008 and Windows XP into virtual machines.
- Maintained Virtual Infrastructure running VMware ESX 4.0 to assure that production environment is up and running processing and portal environment.
- Used network tools such as Wireshark and MRTG to monitor network traffic and datacenter temperature.
- Installed, configured and administer Symantec Endpoint Protection 11.0, download updates and make sure that client definition files are up-to date.
- Maintained Data Center Hardware which includes Dell, HP, and Confidential servers.
- Implemented and administered backup strategy using Veritas Netbackup on Dell ML6000 Tape Library to ensure that production data has been backed up and replicated for client SLA.
- Requested and restored data from Iron Mountain for clients on request to production environment.
- Maintained storage space for production data, replication and backup.
- Provided on-call support to address production down issues in a timely manner.
- Performed weekly generator test to insure that power is available to site in the event of power failure.
- Maintained phone, video conference and security system onsite.
Confidential, Marietta, Georgia
System X Remote Server Support
- Extensive knowledge of multiple product lines within Confidential System X servers and intellistations.
- Removed and replaced system boards, SCSI, SAS, SATA drives, SCSI controllers, power supply, tape drives, power backplanes, CD ROM drive, processor and VRM.
- Knowledge of LSI 8480 MegaRAID SAS controller functions, configuration, and perform problem determination in regards to Confidential System Storage EXP3000 with spanned array and disaster recovery.
- In-depth knowledge of ServeRAID-8i\8K\8kl and 8s cards running RAID 0, 1, 1E, 5, 5EE, 6, 10, 50 and 60.
- Troubleshoot and resolved all hardware issues within the Confidential System X servers and intellistations.
- Gathered, analyzed and parser RAID, error, event, tape, service processor and Dynamic Systems Analysis logs.
- Configured, supported and administered RSA, RSAII and BMC service processors.
- In-depth knowledge on process and procedures on how to troubleshoot hardware issues in regards to BIOS, firmware and drivers upgrade.
Confidential, Jersey City, New Jersey
LAN Security Administrator
- Used tools such as NWadmin, Consoleone, DaneWare NT Utilities 3.51 and NETIQ MMC Console 6.6.
- Day-to-Day task includes administering fourteen NDS trees running Netware 6.5, 5 and 4.11 in a multi-protocol network, thirty-six Windows NT legacy domains and seven Windows 2000 and 2003 Active Directory domains within the United States for Confidential and Bankone.
- Created users and containers, associate users to container, organization roles, and create login script mapping users to network share. Assigned rights to group to network share and reset users’ password.
- Packaged deployed and update applications to users’ desktop using Novell ZENworks 4 and group policy
- Troubleshoot and resolved issues within NDS trees, Windows NT and Windows 2003 servers.
- Managed all users account setup/maintenance for Windows 2000 and 2003 Active Directory database including change of groups, rights, policies and permissions.
- Created software distribution point and deploy application(s) using group policy objects.
- Created, modify and delete accounts on Windows NT 4.0 legacy domains, Novell 6.5, 5, 4.11 and Active Directory domains.
- Created home directory and network shares on Windows 2003 Servers and Windows NT domains.
- Accessed user’s desktop remotely using LANDesk Management Suite 8.05 to resolve desktop issues.
- Established and maintained security and integrity standards encompassing heterogeneous platforms.
- Use Peregrine Service Center and ManageNow ticketing systems to track and resolve day-to-day issues.
- Use UIMPORT to migrate and associate multiple users to groups in NDS tree.