- 7 Plus years of Experience and having Certifications in Cisco (CCNA & CCNP) in designing, deploying and troubleshooting Network & Security infrastructure on routers, switches (L2/L3) & firewalls of various vendor equipment.
- Working Knowledge of Cisco IOS, Junos & basic Nexus (7K, 5K&2K).
- Efficient designing of IP Addressing Scenario using VLSM and Sub netting.
- Good Confidential OSI Layers concepts.
- Strong hands on experience on PIX (506, 515, 525, 535), ASA (5505/5510) Firewalls. Implemented security policies using ACL, Firewall, IPSEC, SSL, VPN, IPS/IDS, AAA(TACACS+ & RADIUS)
- Strong hands on experience in layer - 3 Routing and layer-2 Switching. Dealt with Nexus models like 7K, 5K, 2K series, Cisco router models like 7200, 3800, 3600, 2800, 2600, 2500, 1800 series and Cisco catalyst 6500, 4500, 3750, 3500, 2900 series switches
- Technology and Infrastructure consultant for Cisco and Juniper design and implementation projects. Specific tasks include installations, configurations, support and maintenance of routers and switches.
- Experience with design and deployment of MPLS Layer 3 VPN, MPLS Traffic Engineering, MPLS QOS
- Diverse industry exposure - telecom, consumer goods, health care and IT consulting
- Extensive experience in configuring Layer3 routing and layer2/3 switching of Juniper & Cisco based J2320,MX,EX,2950,2960,3600,3750,4500,6500,1700,1800,2600 and 3700 series routers & Switches.
- Troubleshooting & implementation of Vlan, STP, MSTP, RSTP, PVST, 802.1Q, DTP, HSRP, VRRP, GLBP, LACP, PAGP, AAA, TACACS, RADIUS, MD5, VTP & SVI.
- Proficient in setting up IT infrastructure including wide area networks (WAN) local area networks (LAN), security management systems network device administration.
- Experience working with Cisco IOS-XR on the ASR9000 devices for MPLS deployments
- Experience working with ARISTA switches like 7100, 7500 for cloud computing, datacenter and low latency networks
- Experience in RIP, OSPF, BGP, EIGRP.
- IOS/JUNOS upgrade for Cisco & Juniper routers cum switches.
- Experience in testing Cisco & Juniper routers cum switches in laboratory scenarios and deploy on site for production.
- Native communication skills and a team player, Effective inter-personal skills, adaptive to any environment, with the latest technologies and delivering solutions as an individual and as part of a team
- Knowledge in Password Recovery and trouble shooting of Cisco & Juniper device.
Routers: Juniper & Cisco based J2320,MX,EX,2950,2960,3600,3750,4500,6500,1700,1800,2600
Switches: Cisco 3550, 3750, 4500, 4900, 6500.
Firewalls: Juniper SRX -100,SRX-110,SRX-210 & SRX-220
Routing: OSPF, EIGRP,BGP,RIP, PBR, Route Filtering, Redistribution, Summarization, Static routing
Switching: VLANs, Dot1Q, VTP, STP, RSTP, VLAN Maps, HSRP, GLBP, CEF, DCEF, Port Security
LAN/WAN Technologies: Ethernet, Frame relay, MPLS, HDLC, PPP, T1, T3, OC Standard, ISDN
Protocols: IP, TCP, UDP, ICMP, NAT, DNS, DHCP, SNMP, IPSEC, SSL, HTTP, SSH.
VPN Technologies: IPSEC, SSL
Confidential, Vienna, VA
- Experience with converting Cisco ACE load balancer to F5 LTM load Balancer in data center environment
- Troubleshooting of complex LAN/WAN infrastructure that include routing protocols EIGRP, OSPF & BGP and Manipulating multiple BGP attributes
- Experience with convert PIX rules over to the Cisco ASA solution
- Experience working with Cisco Nexus 2148 Fabric Extender and Nexus 7010 5000 series to provide a Flexible Access Solution for datacenter access architecture.
- IPSO Versions and Checkpoint SW are currently being remediated to current target version of IPSO 6.1 Build 38 running Checkpoint R65 Build 63, Currently remediating Running in Active/Active Cluster mode into VRRP High Availability setups
- Perform extensive testing around the upgrade, migration and configuration functionality of our software
- Strong knowledge on networking concepts like TCP/IP, Routing and Switching
- Dealt with monitoring tools like (Solar Winds, Cisco Works), network packet capture tools like Wireshark
- Demonstrated topics of CISCO switching & routing to team as per training sessions.
- Implemented configuration scripts and necessary changes on switches & routers as per IBM.
- Extended support on access layer, distribution layer and core layer device of IBM as per assigned.
- Experience with moving data center from one location to another location, from Cisco 6500 based data center to both Cisco 6500 & Nexus based data center
- Switching tasks include VTP, ISL/ 802.1q, IPSec and GRE Tunneling, VLANs, Ether Channel, Trunking, Port Security, STP and RSTP.
- Network security including NAT/PAT, ACL, and ASA/PIX Firewalls.
- Good knowledge with the technologies VPN, WLAN and Multicast.
- Worked on ACE load balancers. Experience with F5 load balancers - LTM, GTM series like 6400, 6800, 8800 for the corporate applications and their availability.
- Involved in design and deploying various network security & High availability products like Cisco ASA and other security products.
- Implemented Site-to-Site VPNs over the internet utilizing 3DES, AES/AES-256 with PIX Firewalls
- Experience with MP-BGP and MPLS LDP protocols
- Migration of existing IPSEC VPN tunnels from Pre-Shared key to Certificate Authority for purpose of scaling
- Health check and automated IOS and script updates applied via voyance application.
- Best practice implemented on Cisco & Juniper routers and switches .
- Successfully implemented EOL project alias 'End of life equipment' assigned as per IBM guidelines in live environment.
- Installation & decommission of new/old sites as per IBM.
- Extending end to end network support on L2 and L3 switches.
- Installation and Configuration of Cisco Catalyst switches 6500, 3750 & 3550 series and configured routing protocol OSPF, EIGRP, BGP with Access Control lists implemented as per Network Design Document and followed the change process as per IT policy It also includes the configuration of port channel between core switches and server distribution switches
- Network Redesign for Small Office/Campus Locations. This includes changes to both the voice and data environment
- Installation and trouble-shooting of LAN, WAN & Multi-Layer Switching.
- Act as first point of contact to diagnose an issue and drive it to closure
- Experience working with Nexus 7010, 5020, 2148, 2248 devices.
- Experience with communicating with different customers, IT teams in gathering the details for the project
- Ensure all devices are running with latest IOS as per IBM along with latest passwords.
- Implement changes in configuration as per task assigned within scheduled change window and ensure backups of device before and after the change.
- Co-ordinates with Vendors to replace the faulty hardware like power supply, fans, modules, cables, sfp, access points & lwaps.
- Trace ports of user via trace route and ping to process change in vlan assignment as requested by user via TMAC process and notify them once done.
- Update changes done in device and notify respective portals of IBM to document changes done.
- Coordinating with various teams as Project Manager, Onsite Manager and client and field technician to implement and drive issues to closure.
- Implemented new device of Cisco & Juniper as per policy reviewed by network architect.
- Worked on different Cisco & Juniper devices of access, distribution and core.
- Implemented conversion of wireless access points to light weight access points & associate to respective wireless controllers.
- Coordinate with monitoring team for change notifications, alerts and escalation of security incidents.
- Ensure email replies and chat channel alerts are replied promptly
- Contribute to the output of the team and ensure SLA deliverables are met.
- Extensive experience taking copy of Cisco IOS on TFTP server and loading back on routers and switches.
- Working with MPLS Designs from the PE to CE.
- Experience with designing and deployment of MPLS Traffic Engineering
- Involved in design and implementation of Data Center Migration, worked on implementation strategies for the expansion of the MPLS VPN networks
- Design and deployment of MPLS QOS, MPLS Multicasting per company standards.
- Managing health check of Network devices this is involves upgrading IOS on every quarter after checking the vulnerability of IOS and reviewing the configuration
- Implemented cluster and configuration of SRX-100 Juniper firewall.
- Preparing weekly reports and follow- up with clients.
- Update data related to network configuration, setup and implementation of Juniper Topology.
- Coordinate with Project Managers, sales and call center (customer service) to deliver best quality of service to the customer.
- Installation & Maintenance of Juniper switches, routers & firewalls for Tata Consultancy Services onsite as per contract.
- Implemented various EX, SRX & J series Juniper devices.
- Installed controller and light weight access point coordination with JTAC.
- Maintenance and trouble-shooting of LAN, WAN, IP Routing, Multilayers Switching.
- Performing onsite data center support including monitoring electrical power, switch alarms, network alerts and access logs.
- Configuring RIP, OSPF and Static routing on Juniper M and MX series Routers
- Configuring VLAN, Spanning tree, VSTP, SNMP on EX series switches
- Experience with deploying Fabric Path using Nexus 7000 Devices
- Experience with configuring OTV between the data centers as a layer 2 extension.
- Experience with configuring FCOE using Cisco Nexus 5548.
- Developing access lists to meet user specifications.
- Supporting core layer, distribution layer and access layer issues.
- Implemented cluster and configuration of SRX-110 Juniper firewall.
- Installed Trapeze-MX 2800 wireless controller and light weight access points.
- Implemented Virtual chassis of EX series Juniper switches as per client requirement.
- Installation and trouble-shooting of routing protocols like static and dynamic.
- Implemented site to site VPN in Juniper SRX as per customer.
- Tracking and installation of requirements & development by working with client and related teams to implement changes.
- Maintain and track the status of device supplied to the client.
- Coordinating with JTAC for faulty part replacement and configuring standby device to support customer with minimal downtime.
- Implemented Juniper firewall & switches for various clients like Confidential, Confidential and Confidential as assigned.
System / Network Engineer
- Troubleshooting of CISCO routers like ping, trace route and basic issues.
- Ensure connectivity and communication among networks, servers and clients inside and outside department.
- IOS upgrade for Cisco routers & switches.
- Ensure reliability, stability and recoverable of specific server environments.
- Normally primary focus involves server hardware associated operating systems and general responsibilities, backup strategies. Install and upgrade operating system software configuration and optimize storage systems.
- Developing and implementing policy to ensure the integrity, protection and availability to authorized persons of department data and hardware, software and other components which are required for processing data.
- Responsible for evaluating impact and performance on the network server
- Managing Layer 2 switches of Cisco, Vlan configuration and assigning ports to specific vlan as per requirement.
- Monitor and tune network to ensure acceptable levels of performance.
- Evaluate applications connectivity requirements
- Configuring various clients like Outlook Express, MS-Outlook 2003 & 2007
Confidential, Denver, CO
- In-depth expertise in the implementation of analysis, optimization, troubleshooting and documentation of LAN/WAN networking systems.
- Configured and troubleshoot OSPF and EIGRP.
- Planning and configuring the routing protocols such as OSPF, RIP, and Static Routing on the routers.
- WAN Infrastructure running OSPF & BGP as core routing protocol.
- Support various Routers like 2600/3600/7200 series routers.
- Tested authentication in OSPF and BGP.
- Performed and technically documented various test results on the lab tests conducted.
- Hands on Experience working with security issue like applying ACL’s, configuring NAT and VPN
- Responsible for Internal and external accounts and, managing LAN/WAN and checking for Security
- Work on different connection medium like Fiber and Copper Connectivity.
- Installed and configured Cisco ASA 5500 series firewall and configured remote access IPSEC VPN on Cisco ASA 5500 series
- Responsible for Configuring SITE TO SITE VPN on VPN Concentrators series between Head office and Branch office
- Installation & configuration of Cisco VPN concentrator 3060 for VPN tunnel with Cisco VPN hardware & software client and PIX firewall
- Configured Firewall logging, DMZs& related security policies & monitoring
- Worked on Cisco Layer 2 switches (spanning tree, VLAN).
- Planning and configuring the entire IP addressing plan for the clients' network.
- Assist the certification team and perform configuration of LAN\WAN technologies such as Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, and Gigabit Ethernet.