Confluence, Jira, Slack, AWS, s3 Storage, VOD, LAMP, PHP, OpenStream, AMS, Active Directory, MS Windows Server, SeaChange, Ms Office, Compression Systems, SD/HD Multiplexing, FTTP, IP Multi - casting, STB configurations, RF Signal, AD Insertion, Tandberg, Tiernan, Siecams Spectrum Analyzer
- Support all hardware and software related issues in a production support environment with Unix, Linux, AWS and Windows platforms
- Facilitate team collaboration with Confluence and issue tracking with Jira ticketing platform.
- Unix system administration: system boot/shutdown, startup/shutdown scripts, user account maintenance, tar, dmp, fsck, ps, df, chown, chmod, file permissions, system configuration files (passwd, cron, shadow, vfstab, resolv.conf, dfstab, group, hosts, aliases).
- Monitoring site/host performance and availability, creating Incident records, managing Service Requests and monitoring Change Requests for the 24 x 7 x 365 Digital Operations environments supporting the development and delivery of websites for Turner business units
- Create solutions with various third party VOD, SDV, EPG, and PPV solutions which are integrated with Cisco products
- Provide technical expertise in the installation and support of broadcast, cable, and IPTV solutions in Confidential CO and SHE
- Confirm if customers are properly provisioned in iVAPP to gain access to FiOS platform
- Monitor Confidential FiOS platform for errors in network connectivity including troubleshooting errors generated by Motorola and Cisco set top boxes or from within Confidential fiber optic network maintaining 98.9% success rate
- Coordinate with National Network Management Center to resolve issues with FiOS VOD platform. Responsible for identifying application or network problems as well identifying possible hardware failures/corruption.
- Performance of daily health check of all Linux/Windows Video On Demand servers including configuration and maintenance Ericsson Openstream, Ericsson AMS, Cisco CDS, Streamers, Cache and Vaults, and Isilon storage arrays.
- Support DRP and other operational duties for IBM and /or HP server hardware
- Collaborate with developers and architects to enhance Cisco products and services
- Engage with Confidential vendors and content providers such as Ericsson, TVN, Disney, HBO, Showtime and Cisco to resolve Video on Demand content delivery issues.
- Enhance scalability of operations, including support of increasingly automated methodologies and procedures via scripting and other applied technologies.
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Contracted to perform AV/RF system integration for relocation of Confidential to Atlanta, Ga., which included network management of conditional access video network, resolving interference issues and transponder quality.
- Other job functions included monitoring daily videos feeds, updating Full Time services reference book, transponder booking, and satellite uplink/downlinks.
- Controlled various types of terrestrial and satellite communications including Tandberg, Tiernan, and SA encoding, decoding, and modulation equipment (SD and HD), Siecams spectrum analyzer, Cortex Fiber Optic router, and standards converters.
- Customers included but not limited to Hurst, BTG, ABC, Versus, NBA, G4, NASCAR, & the NFL.
Confidential, Reston, VA
- Supported 1500+ users (1200 offsite + 300 onsite) in an Enterprise setup using various Microsoft + UNIX operating systems involving email, hardware and application support.
- Responsible for the daily administration of MS Windows Server NT, 2000, 2003, 2008, Active Directory support and migration, Exchange & the XP Pro desktop operating system.
- Other tasks included OS/software installation, monitoring, troubleshooting, and overall efforts to minimize system downtime.
- I performed the daily administration of the RSA SecurID for providing remote access via VPN.
- I provided system administration, system documentation, and technical guidance.
- Responsible for the procurement of Equipment/Software, made recommendations and purchased items within budget guidelines.
- As head of procurement for L3 I interfaced with various technical and services companies.
- As a project manager I coordinated system deployments, software/hardware installation, software configuration and system troubleshooting of a variety of enterprise applications/systems to support offsite and onsite employees using MS Project.
- My responsibilities also covered the Confidential division's mainframes, microcomputers, laptops, plotters, scanners, and printers within L - 3 Headquarters.
- In addition to these duties I also maintained the datacenter infrastructure for a variety of rack mounted and blade servers from installation, data backup via tape/GHOST and administration.
Confidential, Reston, VA
- Provided technical support for the Blackboard courseware used by colleges, universities, government installations, and public schools to facilitate online learning.
- I assisted the clients with such things as course creation, password resetting, connectivity issues, escalations, and enrollment.