- Decisive, action and results oriented professional offering twenty years of experience in designing, deploying, configuring, supporting, troubleshooting, debugging and managing large scale networks.
- Deep technical knowledge of all facets of networking, including but not limited to
- TCP/IP, LAN switching, WAN technologies, routing protocols.
- Extensive experience with the following technologies BGP, MPLS, VPN, DMVPN VRF, DMVPN, EIGRP, QoS, VSS, HSRP, STP.
- Expert knowledge of installing, configuring and maintaining Cisco routers, 2900,3900, 4000 ASR series, Cisco Catalyst switches 2960,3750,3850, 4500, 6500;9300,9500 and Cisco ASA firewalls 5500, 5500 - X,Cisco WAAS, Cisco ACS, Cisco Wireless Controllers and Access Points, Radius, Taccacs+
- Experience with Network documentation and monitoring tools such as: Visio, Solarwinds, WireShark.
- Exceptional troubleshooting and problem solving abilities.
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines on assigned projects.
- Good Project Management and organization skills.
- Solid experience in dealing with customers, business and cross-functional teams to understand requirements and engineer top-quality network solutions.
- Proven ability to absorb, master and leverage new and emerging technologies.
- Excellent service-driven customer-focused skills.
Senior Network Engineer
- Plan and architect both the physical, logical data and wireless network infrastructure network projects in different US sites and throughout our 10 South America locations.
- Install, configure all Cisco switches, routers,firewalls, WAAS, WLCs and Access Points.
- Manage and support Avnet Cisco DMVPN, IPSEC, GRE redundant tunnels infrastructure and co-manage with AT&T the MPLS network infrastructure.
- Maintain and monitor the firewall infrastructure. Refresh all Cisco 5510 firewalls to new NGFW 5525-X.
- Conduct pre-installation wireless survey and wireless site audit assessment to optimize connectivity.
- Assist in the implementation of Cisco ISE throughout the enterprise to protect the availability, integrity, confidentiality, and of all information resources at Confidential .
- Monitor proactively the network with Orion Solarwinds, analyze traffic patterns and audit device configurations.
- Troubleshoot all network issues
- Evaluate existing customer network infrastructures for reliability, security risk and performance; identify architectural improvements in support of customer missions.
- Redesign and upgrade the network infrastructure with the latest Cisco technology by increasing performance, scalability, redundancy, and support.
- Install, configure and maintain Cisco routers, Catalyst 4500 switch and ASA 5500 firewall and VPN.
- Act as a technical resource in assisting management to resolve problems with network and LAN infrastructure.
- Install, configure and upgrade operating systems and software using standard business and administrative packages.
Confidential, Deerfield Beach, FL
Senior Network Engineer
- Designed, built, implemented, and documented complex network infrastructure systems, both on the local-area network as well as wide-area network using the following platforms and technologies.
- Cisco Routers (7200/2900/2800/3600, 3700, 3800/3900)
- Cisco Switches (2960/3560/3750/4500/6500 )
- Cisco Firewalls (ASA 5520/5540)
- HRSP, Etherchannel, NAT, ACL, Route Redistribution, SNMP, Syslog, ACS,Tacacs+.
- Determined optimal ways to implement new technology without disruption of existing process.
- Researched and evaluated new networking technologies, with a strong ability to match network technology to both current and future business needs.
- Supported network operational activities at a level three support tier. Diagnosed and resolved configuration issues and troubleshot network issues quickly.
- Provided technical support for external customers and internal operations at Florida Corporate headquarters and at over twenty (20) sites throughout the country.
Confidential, Boca Raton, FL
Senior LAN & Network Administrator
- Monitored the network infrastructure with OpenView and Cisco Works.
- Led the design and implementation of Windows 2000, Active Directory at Siemens corporate network that encompass 40 sites throughout the United States.
- Migrated Netware 3.1X and 4.x servers, Vines network to Windows NT
- Supported an array of server running Windows NT and Windows 2000, SAN and tape backup system, VPN and remote connections.
- Researched, evaluated security vulnerabilities and implemented vendor security tools and solutions.
- Provided management with recommendation on technologies to be used within IT as well as to the corporate users.
- Assisted other Network Engineering teams in the analysis and diagnosis of problems.
- Provided Level 3 and Level 2 support for the helpdesk, IT operations, and internal and external users.