- Over eighteen years of experience in building, managing and supporting computer and information technology systems.
- Strong technical knowledge of computer hardware, operating systems and printer/scanning devices.
- Technical lead and support engineer for multiple infrastructure and application projects
- Designed and successfully implemented multiple client / server environments for low tech / no tech clients.
- Provide on - call 24x7 hardware support for government, enterprise customers and a nuclear facility.
- Created and implemented processes to assist customers with product inventory control of consumables.
- Tested products and assisted manufacturers with quality control issues for remanufactured products.
- Developed extensive knowledgebase and training material to support new sales and technical teams.
- Evaluated and provided technical responses for numerous RFPs
- Provided tier III application, network and hardware support for numerous small and enterprise customers.
- Analysis and removal of virus and malware from high profile client’s devices.
- Supported internal LAN / WAN infrastructure and VPN devices for local and remote offices.
- Active Directory setup, User administration and Policy management for internal systems and client sites.
- Hardware Diagnostics & Repair Application Troubleshooting Presales Engineering
- Product Evaluation Requests for Proposal / Quotations Contract Review
- Software Installation & Support Network Analysis & Troubleshooting Technical Training
Operating Systems: Windows Server NT through 2012, Windows Desktop 3.1 - Windows 10, Basic Linux
Languages: Visual Basic/VB .NET, Shell Scripting
Processes: Quality Control, Sales Cycle, Project Management
Software: Microsoft Office, Microsoft IIS, MS Exchange, Visual Studio, Remedy, Netcool
Hardware: Compaq, Confidential, Dell, Lexmark, Oki Data, Cisco
Tools: Multimeters, Network and Cable testers, Oscilloscopes
NOC Support Technician
- Monitoring Hub and CI devices such as CMTS’s, BEQ’s, QAM’s and QPKS’s using Netcool.
- Monitoring national Video on Demand (VOD) and Switch Digital Video (SDV) to avoid service degradation and customer impacting events.
- Escalating customer impacting and non-impacting events to the proper fix agent, working with on-site hub technicians, video engineering teams and construction teams to resolution.
- Assist with establishing and enforcing managed service outages to meet SLA.
- Managing conference bridges during escalated events, documenting detailed notes of the root cause and resolution of the problem while maintaining updated alarm point notifications to all departments.
- Initiating, supporting and verifying the completion of overnight change work done to the DNCS, DAC and HFC network.
Field Service Technician
- Provided systems and device support for Confidential companies located throughout central New York.
- Responsible for troubleshooting and diagnosing hardware, software and network related issues at the customer locations.
- Escalated and worked to close out critical issues with third-party vendors as needed.
- Lead project upgrades and replacement of store servers, switches, computers and printers.
- Provided problem status updates, resolutions and closure notifications to department and store managers
Lead System Engineer / Presales Engineer
- Responsible for resolving customer technical issues with their computer, network and printer equipment.
- Additional responsibilities included acting as technical bridge between the Sales Representatives and our clients.
- Provided troubleshooting and repair of Confidential equipment for medium size to Confidential companies.
- Preformed new equipment installations, drive imaging, secure data removal, system configurations and maintenance.
- Responsible for customer satisfaction and relationship management, case/call management, part ordering, returns, sales and service leads.