- Linux Administrator expert at deploying and administering servers and workstations using the latest CentOS 7.x or 6.x, SuSE SLED/SLES 12 SP2 or 11.3, and Ubuntu 14.04 and 16.04 enterprise level operating system software. My skills include Clonezilla, Autoyast, Kickstart, and Bash scripting for automation of deployment.
- I’m also experienced in supporting production systems requiring 24/7 uptime and on - call duty support responding to production outages. I’m further skilled at building, configuring, and managing Linux virtual machines in VMware Vsphere 6.x and 5.x environments.
- Successfully migrated UNIX/Linux servers over to the ActiveDirectory namespace for Confidential pharmaceuticals company using Centrify.
- Successful deployment of SLED 12 development workstation using ClearCase 8.x for set-top box development platform developers.
- Successful upgrade of SLED 11.3 on development workstation using ClearCase 7.x for set-top box development platform developers.
- Successfully completed on campus Salt training Administration Level 1.
- CentOS 7.x and 6.x, SuSE Enterprise Linux 12SP2 and 11 SP3, and Ubuntu 16.04 and 14.04 operation system installations using ISO images, Kickstart, or Autoyast.
- Bash scripting for maintenance and automation especially post scripts after install build to customize OS and automate server maintenance to update group os servers.
- VMware 6.x and 5.x experience with Linux
- LVM file system management experience
- NetApp administration System Manager 3.1 experience.
- Nagios configuration experience configuring both NRPE plugins and server side configuration.
- Clonezilla disk cloning
- NFS server configuration and client mounts
- LDAP administration of user and group accounts using OpenLDAP
- DHCP maintenance and DNS records updates
Network Support Administrator
- Manage Cisco CNR server (DHCP) and Cisco RDU systems.
- Manage, install, and deploy virtual machines in vSphere 5.x environment.
- Administer, configure, and deploy CentOS/RHEL 6.x and 7.x servers (Red Hat Enterprise Linux).
- Use Chef 12.x for configuration management and automation.
- Create Chef cookbooks for new server deployments, application deployments, and configuration management.
- Manage back office systems for Confidential /cable modem environments for development and testing in engineering lab, such as DHCP, TFTP, ACS (Auto Configuration Server), and Device Management Servers.
Linux Systems Administrator
- Build and support Linux servers and workstaions for engineering department.
- Server OS used Centos 7.x and 6.x
- Workstation used SuSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 12 SP2 and 11.3
- Build and support Linux virtual machine in VMware environment version 5 and 6
- Experience migrating SuSE Linux to newer version of the operating system.
- Linux install methods include vSphere templates and ISO images.
- Build and support Linux on traditional hardware on Dell PowerEdge r430 servers via iDRAC
- Other hardware include HP Proliant servers
- Automation tools used are Clonezilla, kickstart, Autoyast, and Bash scripting.
- Bash scripting experience especially for automation and maintenance. This includes run Bash post scripts after Autoyast or Clonezilla installs to customize build development envirionment and automating configuration maintenance such as updating configuration files, user, accounts, and software updates.
- Nagios monitoring experience specifically install nrpe plugins on servers and configuring them and also configuring Nagios server to monitor newly deployed servers. Also, used Nagios web page on server to monitor alerts and respond accordingly.
- LDAP client authentication configuration on servers and workstation OpenLDAP
- LDAP administration using PHP LDAP Admin and LDAP commands including creating and maintaining user and group accounts, group membership, and utilized LDIF files to update LDAP directory information.
- Other duties include installing software from source as needed, managing repos on servers and worksations.
- Member of the Configuration Management Operations Team administering Clearcase 18.104.22.168 and Designsync V6R2012x in an enterprise level environment
- Clearcase environment of 3,000+ VOB families (7,000+ replicas)
- Designsync environment of 1,100+ ports
- Duites: Importing and exporting Version Object Base replicas, removing VOB replicas, archiving VOB replicas to archive site, creating and maintaining attribute types and instances, changing VOB accounts for VOBs, finding new owners to VOB accounts in a multi-site environment.
- Other duties: include assisting in administering Designsync servers and vaults although my role was limited to creating MASs, starting and stopping ports/design servers, and setting up Designsync site servers.
- Linux kernel parameters configuration
- Further duties: involve writing Bash scripts to automate or streamline Clearcase and Designsync tasks and jobs.
- Responsible for compiling weekly archive status report which had high visibility giving status of archiving efforts.
- Participate in team migration project moving 2,000+ VOBs from Nice, France to Dallas, TX(which included other sites as well). This also consisted of coordinating tasks and operations with other sites such as Bangalore and Isreal.
- Redmond VOB migration to Santa Clara (9 VOBs) project
- Large migration from Nice, France to Dallas, TX (2,000+ VOBs) project
- SuSE Linux 10.x and 11.x / Solaris 10/9 envirionments
- Bash scripting for streamlining and automating day-to-day administration and tasks
Environment: SuSE Enterprise Server (SLES 10,11), Solaris 8,9,10, Solaris Zones, VERITAS cluster server, Clearcase 22.214.171.124 and Designsync V6R2012x.
Platform Linux Administrator
- Member of COE Platform team.
- Red Hat 5.x,6 Debian Linux 5,6 administration/configuration
- VMware Cloud administration using
- Linux troubleshooting and maintenance
- Worked on projects regarding fragile artifacts (single points of failures) which are technologies or services that don’t have redundancy or lack knowledgeable personnel to support it.
- Also work on escalated tickets from the support teams that have not found a resolution.
- Worked as a Migrations Administrator and assisted in moving new and existing customers to Hosting’s datacenters.
- ESXi 4.x experience
- Widows Deployment Support DISM experience
- VMware P2V conversions for migrations
- SRM setup for disaster recovery
Environment: Red Hat 5.x,6 Debian Linux 5,6, Dell PowerEdge 1950s,710s, Dell Server Blades, ESXi 4.x and SRM disaster recovery.
Unix/Linux Migration Specialist
- Working out of remote location in Sherman, TX
- Worked as part of a team preparing UNIX and Linux systems for Centrify migration to Active Directory name space
- Conducted host data collection and volume scan for host data analysis.
- Performed host data analysis to remediate local user and service accounts, NIS users, and netgroups to remove unnecessary accounts and migrate needed accounts to Active Directory.
- Created host access groups (Active Directory user groups) for role group for Centrify.
- Responsible for creating Request for Change to schedule and plan Centrify installations.
- Installation of Centrify package on Solaris 8 and 9
- Remediate local Unix users, local service accounts, NIS domain Unix accounts, and domain netgroups
- Utilized typical UNIX command-line tools for managing files/directories, processes, packages, etc.
- Utilized NIS command-line tools
- Utilized Centrify command-line tools
- Managed and configured local Unix configuration files for networking, name service switch, DNS, hosts, resolv.conf, and Centrify configuration files.
- Some bash, ksh scripting
Environment: Linux and Solaris servers, Centrify, Active Directory, NIS.
Linux Systems Administrator
- Manage Red Hat Linux 4.x, 5x servers on corporate networks used for market data.
- Duties include Linux builds via network from boot images using preconfigured Kickstart scripts.
- Duties also include configuring kernel parameters, NAS files systems, user and group accounts, security settings, patches and package installs, and all other post-install settings.
- Monitor system health and performance using top, free, df, netstat, route and other linux tools to diagnose possible health and performance issues while they occur and to develop and implement resolution in a timely manner.
- Linux and Solaris patching, package upgrades, configurations, inventory, etc.
- Setup LDAP connectivity and NAS mount points for customers as needed as well.
- RHEL 5 installation, configuration, and management in production and development
- Monitoring of system health and performance using industry standard linux tools
- Linux troubleshooting and maintenance
- Bash scripting for task automation
- LVM file system configuration and management
- Linux LDAP connectivity to LDAP servers
- NAS mount point setups
Environment: Red Hat 4.x,5.x.
Linux Systems Administrator
- Manage Linux servers on SCN network that provides telecommunications services for jails and prisons across US.
- Red Hat Linux builds on Dell server hardware using Kickstart via PXE boot
- Configure bonded network interfaces
- Join servers to MS ActiveDirectory via Centrify Direct Client manage systems using Dell OpenManage write Perl and Bash scripts for automation of tasks configure and manage StorNext Storage Manager for storage of audio recordings configured Oracle OCFS file systems install various software packages as needed manage DNS records (add new or modified existing) and restart service install FTP servers configured one RHEL cluster for FTP services managed and configure DHCP IPs for servers manage and configure NFS services and exported file systems manage and configure automated Kickstart installations via PXE various other Linux network tasks
- RHEL 4 and 5 installation, configuration, and management in production, development, and lab environments
- Perl and Bash scripting for task automation
- StorNext Storage Manager 3.1.2 and 3.1.4 configuration and management
- DNS and DHCP configuration and management of services
- LVM and Oracle OCFS configuration and management
- NFS file server configuration and management
- FTP and HTTP server installation and configuration
- NIC bonding or aggregation configuration
- Managed and installed Linux guests in VMware environment
Environment: Red Hat 5.x, Dell PowerEdge 1950s,710s, Dell Server Blades, ESXi 4.x, DNS, DHCP, NFS, Oracle OCFS, Dell OpenManage.
Linux Appliance Installer
- Installed email encryption server running Red Had Linux 3 and Zix Corp proprietary software using Postfix on Dell 1850 and 1950 PowerEdge servers
- Tasks included physically and logically implementing and integrating linux appliance into customer’s datacenter and email flow on their production network consultant customers on best practice to do so
- Tasks also included implementing appropriate DNS MX, A, PTR, and CNAME records for email relay from Zix Corp Internet encryption servers implementing and advising customer on firewall rules necessary to allow the delivery of encrypted mail configuring Zix Corp appliance to relay incoming mail from local Postfix server to inbound mail servers configuring encryption policies on appliance according to customer’s criteria for encryption configuring MS Exchange servers to relay outbound mail to linux appliance for encryption configuring TLS/SSL, S/MIME and GPG encryption technologies on linux appliance
- RHEL 3 and proprietary encryption software installation and configuration
- Dell PowerEdge 1800 and 1900 series server installation (rack and mount)
- Linux network configuration and troubleshooting
- Linux administration of local services, such as network, postfix, and httpd
- DNS records administration for customers, such as A, CNAME, MX, and PTR records
- Postfix relay server implementation and troubleshooting