- Cisco Certified Network Professional with over 7 years of professional experience in Network analysis, design, implementation, and capacity planning of complex network system, enterprise network security, network growth in Branch, Campus, and Data Center environments.
- Strong Cisco hardware/software experience and expertise in installing, configuring, and maintaining Cisco Routers: 4800, 3800, 3600, 2800, 2600, 1800, 1700, 800 and Cisco Switches: 2900, 3500, 3700, 6500.
- Experience in set up, configuration and management of Cisco PIX, ASA firewalls.
- Experience in Layer 3 Routing protocol configurations: RIP, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, and MPLS.
- Experience working with Nexus 7010, 5000 and Fex 2000 Series.
- Proficient in configuring VLANs, STP, VTP, PVST and 802.x authentication in access layer switches. Strong knowledge of Redundancy Protocols: HSRP, VRRP, GLBP.
- Skilled in monitoring, and troubleshooting network issues with Network Management Tools and Sniffers like SNMP, Netscout, Cisco works. Implementation of standard configuration template scripts in various network devices for SNMP v2, logging, and NTP.
- Expert in Designing, Implementing & Managing LAN, WLAN & WAN solutions for different client setups. In - depth knowledge and experience in WAN technologies including T1, T3, ISDN, HDLC, Point to Point, ATM & Frame Relay.
- Experience in Physical cabling, IP addressing & Sub-netting with VLSM using QIP and supporting TCP/IP, DNS, installing and configuring proxies. Planning and configuring the entire IP addressing plan for the clients' network.
- Ability to Install, Manage & Troubleshoot Large Networks & Systems Administration on Windows & Linux platforms in Development, Staging, Lab & Production Environments.
- Experience in load balancing strategies/techniques, application switching/traffic management, knowledge of persistence and SSL certificates with F5 Load Balancer APM, LTM, and GTM module.
- Extensive experience with Cisco IOS-NX, XR Knowledgeable about the ITIL framework.
- Provide availability and on-call support as required As a member of the Network Operations Center team work on infrastructure operations which include Tier 1, Tier 2, and Tier 3 operation centers.
Confidential, Virginia Beach, VA
- Configured and designed LAN networks with switches such as Cisco 2900, 3550, 4510, 4948, 4507, 6509.
- Actively involved in switching technology administration like creating and managing VLANS on Fast-Ethernet channel, VTP on Core Switches, Inter-VLAN routing, and LAN security.
- Experience with license upgrade and also configuring Nexus 2000 Fabric Extender (FEX), which acts as a remote line card (module).
- Performed network designing, planning (WAN & LAN) & implementation. Studied single point failures & designed WAN structure with redundancy in case any device or link fails.
- Worked in Implementing, Troubleshooting and Convergence in Frame-Mode MPLS inside the core.
- Failover DMZ zoning & configuring VLANs/routing/NATing with the firewalls as per the design.
- Designed and implemented security policies using ACL, PIX firewall.
- Implementation and monitoring the installation & commissioning processes of Routers at various sites.
- Configuring RIP, OSPF and Static routing on Cisco Routers 7200, 3800, 2800).
- Design and configuring of OSPF, BGP on Juniper Routers and SRX Firewalls.
- Configured routing policy for BGP and BGP attributes such as Weight, Local-Preference, MED and AS-PATH to influence inbound and out bound traffic.
- Involved in the modification and removal (wherever necessary) of BGP from the MPLS routers.
- Migration from Frame-Relay/ATM network to MPLS-based VPN for customer's WAN infrastructure.
- Troubleshooting on network problems with Wire shark- identify problem and fix.
- Configuring and troubleshooting the type of routing to route traffic flow per customer requirement as primary, backup/load-balanced and load splitting.
- Dealt with creating VIP (virtual servers), pools, nodes and applying iRules for the virtual servers like cookie persistency, redirection of the URL on F5 Big-IP LTM-6400 load balancers.
- Maintaining the Active Directory and replication scheme, DNS/DHCP services and time services.
- Providing Tier II support in the provisioning, end-to-end test, and turn-ups of the major accounts.
- Optimizing Network by continuously and extensively working with customer to upgrade and optimize network and Circuit Move Add Changes including detailed design documentation Project documentation using Visio, Excel &MS word.
SR. NETWORK ENGINEER
Confidential, Lincoln, NE
- Reviewing, analyzing, approving and executing all changes in the network- configurations of Cisco Routers and Switches.
- Configured Static, RIP, EIGRP, OSPF and BGP Routing Protocols on Cisco1600, 2600, 2800, 3600, 7300 series Routers.
- Troubleshooting and monitoring routing protocols such RIP, OSPF, EIGRP & BGP.
- Designed OSPF Areas for reliable Access Distribution and for Core IP Routing.
- Redistribution of route (Network Migration) from RIP to OSPF.
- Implemented traffic filters on Cisco routes using Standard &Extended access-list.
- Installed and configured Routers, Bridges, Terminal Servers and CSU/DSU to support WAN links
- Deployed a large-scale HSRP solution to improve the uptime of collocation customers, in the event a core router became unreachable.
- Responsible for turning up BGP peering and customer sessions, debugging BGP routing problems.
- Designing and Implementation of VLANs, VTP, Spanning Tree (STP), Trunking (dot1q and ISL) and Ether channel on Cisco Catalyst Switches 3500, 6500, 7600.
- Troubleshoot, upgrade, patches and fixes with all around technical support of Switches.
- Worked on Nexus 7010, 5020, 2148, 2248 devices like configuring RSTP, LACP, VTP.
- Implementing 3750 Stackable switches using Cisco Stack Wise technology.
- Worked on Cisco Firewalls- Cisco PIX (506E/515E/525) & ASA 5500(5510/5540) Series.
- Configured ASA 5520 Firewall to support Cisco VPN Client on Windows 10/7/XP/Vista.
- Experience with converting PIX rules over to the Cisco ASA solution.
- Worked extensively in Configuring, Monitoring and Troubleshooting Cisco's ASA 5500/PIX security appliance, configuring VLANs/routing/NATing with the firewalls as per the design.
- Responsible to design and deploy various Network Security & High Availability products like Cisco ASA and other Security Products.
- Configured and implemented site-to-site VPN, Remote VPN, and also negotiate VPN tunnels using IPSec encryption standards.
- Management of Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Terminal Servers, and configured Network system administration / analysis- installing proxies, DNS, IP addressing scheme & IP Subnetting with VLSM.
- Responsible for procurement and installation of Hardware, network drives and other IT infrastructure.
- Collaborated with corporate executives and vendors to acquire hardware and software within acceptable time periods and within budget.
- Documented the design, implementation and troubleshooting procedures with Method of Procedure (MOPS).
- Experience working with Network management software NSM Implement changes through change management process.
- Handled Corporate and Review Audits from the perspective of IT Security for Network Devices and Servers under our control.
- Key contributions include troubleshooting of complex LAN/WAN infrastructure.
- Manage Cisco Routers and troubleshoot layer1, layer2 and layer3 technologies for customer escalations.
- Configuring HSRP between the 3845 router pairs for Gateway redundancy for the client desktops
- Experience with MP-BGP and MPLS LDP protocols.
- Conversions to BGP WAN routing- from OSPF to BGP also involved new WAN links.
- Experience with setting up MPLS Layer 3 VPN cloud and also working with BGP WAN towards customer.
- Convert Branch WAN links from TDM circuits to MPLS and to convert encryption from IPSec/GRE to Get VPN.
- Installation, Configuration and troubleshooting Cisco switches and Firewall on multi-mode context based environments.
- Installation and Configuration of Cisco Catalyst switches 6500, 3750 & 3550 series with routing protocols and Access Control lists.
- Configured port channel between core switches and server distribution switches.
- Substantial lab testing & validation prior to implementation of Nexus 7K, 5K & 2K connecting to blade servers.
- Installation & configuration of Microsoft Proxy Server 2.0.
- Carried out performance monitoring & documentation of relevant network segments to ensure data integrity & environmental safety.
- Provide front-end on-call network support 24x7x365 for all network infrastructures in the corporation.
- Involved in designing L2-VPN services and VPN-IPSEC authentication & encryption system.
- Migration of existing IPSEC VPN tunnels from Pre-Shared key to Certificate Authority for scaling.
- Upgrade and tuning of Cisco Routers, Switches and Firewall (PIX) IOS using TFTP.
- Taking Regular backups & testing the backups by restoring in test lab frequently.
- Involved in regular Health Checks, IP and System Integrity, Change management, Problem management, Logical Access Controls, Network Connectivity, Service Registration and Performance Management.
- Enabled continuous Layer 2 monitoring with Solar Winds, so that each site can run independently until connectivity is restored.
- Responsible for the Global engineering and support of existing network technologies / services and the integration of new network technologies / services.
- Involved in the redistribution into OSPF on the core ASA firewall.
- Installed and configured DNS and DHCP server and rectify IP conflict problems.
- Involved in L2/L3 Switching technology administration including VLANs, inter-VLAN routing.
- Perform port open request based on the business requirement.
- Working on Cisco 6509 and 4507 series switches for LAN requirements that include managing VLANs, Port Security and troubleshooting LAN issues.
- Configuring STP for switching-loop prevention and VLANs for data and voice.
- Designed network architectures and implementation of Cisco 2500, 3640, 7200, and 7940 Routers.
- Configured TCP/IP, BGP, EIGRP, RIP, & HSRP.
- Worked on a migration project involving the removal of all static routes from core devices.
- Involved in the removal of EIGRP from all devices and making OSPF the primary routing protocol.
- Worked on the redistribution of connected routes on all OSPF devices so that all connected subnets are advertised via OSPF.
- Troubleshot network bandwidth performance, mismatched framing and line coding.
- Supporting EIGRP and BGP based PwC network by resolving level 2 &3 problems of internal teams & external customers of all locations.
- Coordinated with LAN/WAN engineers the development and implements security policy.
- Configuration of Access List ACL (STD, Ext, Named) to allow users all over the company to access different applications and blocking others.
- Defined policies, NAT and anti-spoofing for internal, external networks as well as Internet gateways.
- Configured TCP/IP addressing scheme to assigned IP blocks.
- Working on Network design and support, implementation related internal projects for establishing connectivity between the various field offices and data centers.
- Ensure Network, system and data availability and integrity through preventive maintenance and upgrade.