- To obtain a position that will constantly challenge me and advance my IT career to more of a engineering role of overall IT infrastructure and architecture.
- To acquire a career with which my knowledge will aid the department/company to a higher phase of success.
Operating systems Used: DOS, Win3.x, Win95/98/XP/7/10, Win Server NT,2k/03/08/12 some Mac OS (7.5x), Light Linux
Applications extensively Utilized: MS Office 97/ 00/03/07/10/365 Pro, MS Outlook 9x/ 00/03/07/10/365, MS Access, MS Visio, VMWare ESX 3.5/4.4/5.1, HyperV 2012, SQL, Exceed, Norton/McAfee Anti - Virus, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox, Remedy, Win VNC, PCAnywhere, Netswitcher, Palm Pilot software, Confidential software, HyperTerminal/Putty, SSH, NextGen, NextGen EPM, IManage,Reflections/Exceed, Adobe Acrobat,, RTP|One, ResortPOS 5.5
Confidential, Denver, CO
Infrastructure Systems Manager
- Technology Project management of new floors in Honolulu, San Francisco. New Schools spread over existing college campuses in Atlanta and Oakland. New 4 story location in Washington D.C. New 10 Story Flagship school campus in San Diego. Researched, Designed, Implemented, and Budgeted all Technology Infrastructure for new buildings or sites.
- 30+ VMware Server designing, planning, installation. Windows HyperV server 2012. Windows Server 2008/2012 installations as Virtual machines, DHCP, DNS, RRAS, File and Printer servers. Some IIS and SQL. Linux Server installations.
- 30+ Cisco ASA Firewall Installations
- Hundreds of Cisco and Dell Switch designing, planning, implementation, and installation.
- Coordination between myself and Technical staff based in India on implementation of all IT related items - Servers, Switches, Firewalls, VoIP phone systems, etc… majority involved on-site work and detailed working.
- Technologies utilized - Cisco ASA, Cisco switches, Cisco Wireless controllers/APs, Cisco Prime, Dell switches, Dell PowerEdge Server, VMWare 3.5,4.4,5.1. HyperV 2012, Ekahau Site Survey, Windows XP/7/10, Window Server 2003/2008/2012, Active Directory, Group Policy, Meraki Access Points, Solarwinds,
- Wireless Predictive Planning, Implementation and Surveys for multiple sites, small to large. Anywhere from a 1 story building to a 10 story building housing students requiring optimal coverage and 100% availability.
- Responsible for ensuring the high quality of IT services in 14 different locations in North America. This includes budgeting for all IT services close to $1 mil, meeting SLAs, ITIL documentation.
- Managing of 1 part-time staff member, for an average of 7 staff in most location.
Sr System Administrator/End User Support
- Designed, documented, and reconfigured server/network layout for a 10 site nationwide educational institution with over 38 servers, 2 domains -1 forest
- Implemented Virtualization of VMware for Exchange, SQL, and IIS 6.0 /7.0 applications servers, using Windows 03/08 R2 and SQL 2005 64bit.
- Upgraded from Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2007.
- Disaster Recovery plan implemented for main student database system. Backups completed to clustered iSCSI SAN for DC, File servers, Exch, etc….
- Terminal Servers, thin client setup, licensing, maintenance and monitoring.
- Setup, supported and troubleshot all Hardware/Software for end users.
- Redesigned and implemented Active Directory (AD) environment for organization with OUs, Site replication(DCDiag/RepMon), and Windows 2003 native mode migration for DFS and Group Policy manipulation. Setup Groups, and Group Policies Objects (GPO’s) for users and students. Setup DFS shares for backup purposes and shares used company wide.
- PBX and Voice Mail support, additions, changes, etc…. Assisted with VoIP implementation and design of VLAN and network addressing setups.
- Implemented a printer support contract to ease the hassle of dealing with multiple printers and drivers which were all different. Used a total of 4 different printers and printer drivers. All supported with 4 hour response time.
- Traveled to remote sites for IT support, implementation, installs of all electronic equipment (thin clients, printers, PCs, servers, switches, routers, etc….)