- Strong knowledge of troubleshooting, implementing, optimizing and testing of static and dynamic routing protocols such as EIGRP, OSPF, BGP ability to interpret and resolve complex route table problems.
- Strong hands on experience in installing, troubleshooting, configuring of Cisco 7200, 3800, 3600, 3400, 2800, 2600, 2500 and 1800 series Routers, Cisco Catalyst 6500, 4500, 3750, 2950 and 3500XL series switches.
- Involved in troubleshooting of DNS, DHCP and other IP conflict problems.
- In - depth expertise in the analysis, implementation, troubleshooting & documentation of LAN/WAN architecture and good experience on IP services.
- Extensive Knowledge on the implementation of Cisco ASA 5500 series.
- Strong knowledge of implementing and troubleshooting complex layer 2 technologies such as VLAN Trunks, VTP Ether channel, STP, RSTP and MST.
- Experience on Virtual Private Network (VPN) for operating Network and Data Center.
- Experience in Network Management Tools and sniffers like SNMP, HP-Open view, Wireshark and Cisco works to support 24 x 7 Network Operation Center.
- In-depth knowledge of IDS and IPS systems, IP Cameras, Security policies, Threat & Risk analysis, biometric security designs and administration.
- Excellent qualities such as Teamwork, Negotiation, Analysis and Communication. In depth knowledge of biometric Technology
- Hands on Windows Server 2016,AWS,Active directory user management and group policy updates.
Routers/Switches: Cisco Catalyst 6500,7600, 5500, 5000, 4510, 3500, 3845, 3600, 2600 2900, 2950,1900, Nexus 2k, 5k, 7k.
Security Product s: PIX, ASA, FWSM, Firewall-1 NG FP3, Net-screen, VPN 3030 Concentrator, Brute Force, Spoofer, Denial of Service Attacks, NAT, Kernel Proxy, Packet Access Lists, Port Blocking, Firewall Structure & Concepts, Ms ISA, Raptor Firewall, Tacacs+, NTP, PKI, IP-Sec, DES/3DES,Keon productsWireless: Aironet 1200,350 & 340 Series Access Points & Bridges, Linksys, D-link AP,WAP 321
Standards & Protocols: IPX, TCP/IP, RIP, OSPF, BGP, EIGRP, IGRP, MPLS, LDP, RSVP,HSRP,VRRP, PPP, RS232, V.35, X.21, ATM, SONET,ISDN, BRI/PRI, T1, E1, Ethernet, Token Ring, Frame Relay, X.25, Layer 3-7 Switching, VLAN, VPN, NAT, QoS, Voice over IP ATM Frame Relay, IPsec,, WLAN 802.11b/g
Confidential, Union, NJ
Network Implementation Engineer
- Responsible for configuration, troubleshooting and management of all networking equipment to include Firewalls, Cisco ASR,6509, 4500, 3750, 3780, 2950, Nexus 5k, 7k Switches.2k switches, Brocade Switches and, Juniper firewalls for all sites and stores
- Proactively identify, analyze, and resolve or escalate system problems, performance issues, and resource allocation.
- Ability to use ticketing system BMC remedy, Service now and ConnectWise to work with vendors.
- Hands on experience in configurations and installation ASA 5505 firewalls.
- Configuration and troubleshooting of tunnel links via DMVPN
- Troubleshooting network connectivity issues, T1 and 4G link failures and escalate ticket to Service Provider.
- Maintain as necessary project plans and documentation of all system builds and modifications.
- Catalyst Router and Switch IOS upgrade, rack building, deployment and testing.
- Provide technical assistance and mentoring to technical team members to increase skill sets and understanding of data, systems, and architectural design.
- Interact and coordinate with vendors, suppliers, distributors, and contract consultants.
- Develop and provide network reports on performance and utilization to management.
- Provide technical consultation on all other aspects of departmental functions. Maintain a good working knowledge of the current industry standards.
- Responsible for development and documentation of corporate policies and procedures as related to rack building, configuration of network equipment and monitoring unit for remote sites, and security networks.
Confidential, Piscataway NJ
- Upgrade CATOS/IOS on Layer 2 & 3 Switches and on different series of Cisco Switches.
- Experience in configuration/installation of Cisco hardware on 26xx, 37xx, 450x, 650x, 72xx
- Documentation - Perform inventory / data gathering by using Telnet/SSH session to obtain the router configuration information: like - interface address/subnet mask, OSPF Area, Circuit ID, CIR, DLCI Number, Model, Serial Number, IOS Version, Flash Memory, DRAM, Status of the interface and the next hop site of the WAN interface
- Configured and deploying Cisco catalyst 6506, 4948E, 4510 switches and Cisco 3660, 3845, and 7609 series Routers.
- Experience working with Cisco Nexus 2148 Fabric Extender and Nexus 5000 series to provide a Flexible Access Solution for Datacenter access architecture.
- Troubleshooting FEX while upgrading code on N5K's.
- Performed switching technology administration including VLANs, inter-VLAN routing,
- Create documentation for processes and procedures for day to day troubleshooting of voice equipment.
- Investigate and resolve call routing issues (On net and off net calling, calls over T1 PRI, ICT, SIP trunks).
- Experience in migration of VLANS.
- Involved in the troubleshooting aspects of complex network infrastructure using the routing protocols like EIGRP, OSPF & BGP.
- Responsible for Cisco ASA firewall administration, Rule Analysis, Rule Modification.
- Configuration and maintenance of PIX and ASA firewall systems.
- Good knowledge in systems integration, software hardware emulation experience.
- Worked on change management documentation of Network infrastructure design using Microsoft Visio.
- Perform setup of test scenarios, both hardware and software components, and perform troubleshooting.
- Troubleshooting of connectivity problems using PING, Tracer route.
- Transitioned users from multiple legacy domains into consolidated Verizon configuration using Active directory
- Used Active directory to configure users, groups, group policy object to implement single sign on.
- Support Enterprise Network Infrastructure of Cisco Solution at all Layers
- Implementing 3745 as part of core router Network for frame-relay sites
- DNS Consolidation & Migration to Cisco CNR Box for DNS/DHCP Solution
- Site to site VPN implementation as a Back-up Solution for the Data Circuits
- Implementing ACL for Network Security and time-Based Usage of ISDN links
- Configure and troubleshoot network and security equipment’s like routers and switches, firewalls, and Windows servers etc.
- Designed IP Addressing schemes and Switch port assignments, Trucking and Ether-channel implementation.
- Provided daily network support for Global wide area network consisting of MPLS, VPN and point-to point site.
- Configured VLANs with 802.1q tagging. Configured Trunk groups, ether channels, and Spanning tree for creating Access/distribution and core layer switching architecture.
- On-call support for SAN infrastructure and storage services.
- Provided 2nd level support for all Linux-related issues.
- Configured STP for loop prevention and VTP for Inter-VLAN Routing.