Operating Systems: Windows, Linux, Unix, Mac OSX, VMWare ESXi
Programming Languages: Bash, TCL, Python, C
Network Protocols: TCP/IP, iSCSI, Fibre Channel, FCoE
Instrumentation: Oscilloscope, Frequency Generator, Power Meter, Spectrum Analyzer, Protocol Analyzers
Confidential, Irvine, CA
- Developed network traffic scripts and setup RHEL/CentOS systems for testing.
- Performed EMI/EMC testing of host bus adapters in various server systems.
- Performed humidity testing of Fibre Channel adapters.
- Supported various Engineering teams on test system setups.
Senior Hardware Design Verification Test Engineer
- Created test plans and determined test methodologies for ASIC, board, and component verification.
- Developed, maintained, and debugged test automation scripts for network performance tests and error diagnostics.
- Measured power consumption, power supply ripple, inrush current, impedance, thermal mapping, and the electrical characteristics of various clocks and signals.
- Supported ASIC, Board, Driver, and Firmware Development teams during initial bring - up process of new ASICs.
- Mentored summer interns through various board-level projects and component qualification tests.
System Integration Test Engineer
- Tested the bootcode, firmware, drivers of 8/16/32G Fibre Channel and 10/25/40/50/100 G Converged Network Adapters (NIC/iSCSI/FCoE) in Windows and Linux.
- Performed Fabric Interoperability testing across various server, switch, and storage platforms.
- Configured SAN topologies with multiple network protocols and operating systems for performance and integrity tests.
- Performed system and network administration of servers, switches, and storages.
- Captured Network and PCIe traces with protocol analyzers for debugging issues.
Confidential, Irvine, California
Test Engineering Intern
- Tested WLAN and Bluetooth devices to verify manufacturing and customer requirements.
- Calibrated test instruments by measuring power and path loss between units to ensure accurate and consistent performance measurements of WLAN and Bluetooth devices.
- Reviewed board layout and schematic to debug and isolate defective components of faulty hardware.
Confidential, Costa Mesa, California
Software Engineering Intern
- Performed software testing of Confidential set top boxes.
- Captured debug trace logs using a Confidential interface that identified driver related issues.
- Generated defect reports using IBM ClearQuest and supported software development teams for troubleshooting.
Confidential, Long Beach, California
Technical Assistant (Marketing Intern)
- Promoted and presented marketing strategies for consumer-grade products through a qualitative evaluation process.
- Assessed production-level units and presented market comparisons to product management and marketing teams.
- Supported marketing team in surveying potential customers through various social experiments.
Quality Assurance Intern
- Conducted user-acceptance testing of printers, scanners, and multimedia devices under various operating systems.
- Supported QA Engineers with WHQL Driver testing of various pre-production products.
- Generated test reports that summarized the compliance of test guidelines and specifications.