- Apply my current experience and knowledge to my fullest capacity in the Information Security field taking it to ethereal heights of success.
- Bilingual: Fluent on English/Spanish.
- Saved company thousands of dollars annually by using efficient and reliable technical skills for deploying systems.
- Several Highest - Honors and Dean's Lists on both DeVry and ITT Tech.
- Recognition awards for outstanding work at local church multimedia director and soccer coaching.
- Solid leadership and communication skills.
- Perseverant, self-motivated and self-starter..
- Great listener, team-player, and problem-solver.
- Technical savvy and always motivated to learn new technology.
- Top Ten Place for Illinois’s Collegiate 2015 Cyber Defense Competition
- Active Hacking CTF player, including write ups reading and motivated to keep learning.
- 2016 Valedictorian status upon graduation with highest honors and GPA.
Hardware: PIX Cisco Firewalls, PFsense Firewalls, VLANS and VPNs, Layer1 and 2 Switches, Server platform deploy and maintenance, RAID Levels 0 - 6 and 10, Nortel BCM-400 Telephony System, Audio mixer, PA systems and digital/analog playback systems.
Linux distributions: CentOS, RedHat, Suse, Debian, Ubuntu, Kali.
Unix: AIX, Solaris, BSD, MacOS X.
Microsoft: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8,10, Server 2003, 2008 and 2012.
Virtualization: VMware vSphere, VMware Player, Virtual Box.
Office Tools: Word, Excel, Power-Point, Access, Exchange, Sharepoint, Outlook, Thunderbird, Jabber.
Management: NAGIOS, Windows Event Logs, Citrix, AVG Server, cPanel, Spiceworks and SIEM tools.
Security: SIEM, PfSense, Snort, Metasploit, Burp Suite, Nmap, Zenmap, John The Ripper, Cain & Abel, Foca, Evil Foca, Nikto, openSSL, OWASP ZAP, Wireshark, TCPDump, WPScan, Maltego, SQLmap.
Security Consultant - Penetration Tester
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Security test and break-fix web applications for vulnerabilities and flaws an attacker would exploit.
- Solid understanding of the OWASP Top Ten vulnerabilities.
- Conduct detailed penetration test reports for clients outlining vulnerabilities discovered, how they can be leveraged by an attacker as well as providing recommendations on how to remediate or mitigate such vulnerabilities.
- Handle customers with security test reviews and advice how to better protect their applications and services.
- Mentor, coach and train new and existing members of the team.
SOC Security Analyst
Confidential, Lisle, IL
- Analyzed and assessed security incidents and escalating them to client resources or appropriate internal teams.
- Handled clients’ requests in a timely and professionally detail-oriented fashion to resolve security incidents.
- Interacted, configured, and troubleshooted network intrusion detection devices.
- Utilized internal guidelines in order to properly handle client requests and questions.
- Discern in a professional and skillful way false positives, false negatives from security incidents.
L1 UNIX System Administrator
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Management of Unix/Linux servers for 500 fortune companies through remote and virtual environments
- System analyzing and troubleshooting by finding root cause of problems.
- Troubleshooting of tickets with NAGIOS including adding/removing service checks (RFC/RFS)
- Creation of SOP (Standard Operational Procedures) for later approval and automation
- Creation of automation algorithmic logic and design to automatically fix trouble tickets through NAGIOS
- Automation of tasks using Bash, Ruby and Python scripts.
Help Desk / System Administrator
Confidential, Summit, IL
- Build, configure and deploy both Linux and Windows Servers as well as responsible for deploying workstations in an effective and timely manner
- Experience with virtualization, backup systems and network infrastructure
- Basic understanding of Nortel phone systems and BCM-400.
- Writing documentation about backups, server builds and IT solutions
- Maintaining inventory of IT and office products and goods