Ambitious, self - motivated professional seeking a challenging position in the field of Engineering that will integrate existing engineering skills to support innovative technology.
Professional Engineer with knowledge and experience in the areas of computer hardware, applications, wireless, video telecommunication and electronics. Diverse experience includes working in IT, network operations and engineering, with software developers, sales and technical systems integration. Exemplify excellent management capabilities in projects, and business management. Proven verbal, written and presentation communicative skill, coupled with the execution of analytical problem solver skills as a team player or team leader.
COMPUTER SOFTWARE: Solaris; AIX; Linux; HP-UX 11.0 O/S; EMC; XML; CORBA; BEA Weblogic; Windows 7; TCP/IP; CACTI; C/C++; CA EHealth; Wiley Introscope; HP Openview; Auto CAD 2002; Microsoft Outlook; Netcool; Oracle; J2EE; LDAP; HTTP; Excel; DNS; PowerPoint; CA Spectrum; Visionael; DHCP; Project Methodology; Microsoft Project; MS 2007SharePoint; SiteScope; Jboss; VM Ware; Remedy; SPLUNK; Jira; HP SA; Oracle VM Virtual Box; MS Project:
COMPUTER HARDWARE: HP 9000 Classes Cisco Routers IBM System p Series, HP SureStore (SAN) (XP 256/512) Brocade Fibre Switch Sparc Enterprise Server
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
- Responsible for VOD programming, trouble resolution, escalations, builds, operations and maintenance of infrastructure systems, applications and equipment used in the provisioning and delivery of Interactive Video and Application Services including provisioning servers, video-on-demand server and storage arrays, reporting databases, entertainment and information applications, back-office integration systems, monitoring and management tools Splunk. Knowledge of Cisco DNCS or Motorola DAC digital delivery systems; Knowledge of VOD on Concurrent VOD systems; Knowledge of Arris SDV platform and associated subsystem. Posse understanding of IP video set tops and IP video delivery systems. Manage large number of remote systems using command-line tools, and experience with SNMP, syslog, and performance monitoring. Utilize Linux/Unix in environment.
- Work with cross Platform teams, vendors to retain performance stability in integrated infrastructure. Utilize multiple tools in a VMware heterogeneous environment and Cisco UCS via CIMC and EC Provide infrastructure application performance support for change management, implementation of upgrades, O/S, system, video DB, Set Top Box, Mobile Device provisioning, storage performance, optimization support and monitoring. Familiar with Content Acquisition, Ingest, and Publishing functions as it relates to a typical video delivery model IP Protocols: TCP, UDP
- Maintain and Systems administration of video source mapping, content encryption, and channel lineups for digital services while maintaining analyzing reports for storage, IPv4 and IPv6 subnetting and system capacity reliability based on Confidential Video Guidelines and procedure.
- Provided troubleshooting for customer's problems and resolve of issues and reporting on database related issues for both windows and Linux systems. Engineering support for Cisco Draco, DNCS, RCAS, VSM, Cicso USRM, CDSM/Vaults/Streamers, ADS, TSB, MBO, ETAG Streamer, Sectamus. Experience with JBOSS, Apache, Splunk and HP SA VMware virtual environments. Support: PacWest, NYC, Texas, Carolinas, Midwest, and Northeast.
Confidential, Little Rock, AR
- Effectively managed Enterprise.com capacity and performance of application, LPAR and VMware infrastructure. Conduct monthly meeting with the DEV, Apps, DBA and SA teams for production application. Maintain communication and working relationship with architects, Apps teams, cross platform support organizations, and senior management. Analyzed, coordinated, executed deployment of new releases, provide capacity performance support for applications, servers, deployments of new IP services, systems, applications and architectures
- Managed and monitored capacity and performance status reporting, upgrades, trending analysis, forecasting, project sizing, performance analysis, optimization and summaries, on key system, identified, deficiencies in applications while outlining performance and capacity strategies.
- Provide advice and guidance to all other areas of the business and IT on all capacity and performance related issues in an integrated infrastructure, while serving as SME in performance management. Evaluated BMC Patrol, Ganglia for implementation into the infrastructure.
- Lead enterprise.com Capacity Planning and performance weekly meetings. Managed performance and capacity planning project, implementation of performance management processes, and technologies, monitored, analyzed, capacity and applications performance of HW, utilized Excel, Macro, and data point trending reports. Provided drilled down HW and apps support, perform root cause analysis, recommendation for Solaris 10.x, AIX 5.3, LPAR, clustered, multi-tiered HA web, DB and application servers in infrastructure. Deliverables include performance and capacity, trending and root cause analysis impacts on multiple midrange, or middleware servers and technologies.
- Managed resolution of performance and capacity-related incidents effecting HW and apps effecting Weblogic, Java instances, DB queries, memory, rogue process, CPU, I/O, and anomalies. Utilized daily Computer Associates monitoring tools for performance capacity problems, asset functionality, and repository of real-time, historical data, monitoring tools, NMON, CACTI, GANGLIA, SiteScope, CA EHealth, Access, Excel, and WebMetrics.
- As the team’s administrator of SharePoint, updated and created technical documentation and knowledge, for daily review by management and the various IT Departments. Researched and performed major scaling down to the infrastructure to save the company hundred thousands of dollars annually. Maintained Performance Capacity Management Planning documentations and project deliverables, work load models and accounted for all AIX, Linux, Solaris, and Windows servers performance data within infrastructure.
Confidential, Moorestown, New Jersey
Systems Performance Team Lead Engineer
- Manage day to day Systems Capacity and Performance operations of a multi tiered UNIX Provisioning High Speed Internet and VOIP for infrastructure, projects and production. Acted as a liaison between infrastructure engineering teams and other areas to ensure technical integrity, cost-effectiveness, supportability, and operational readiness of solutions. Responsible for project status and deliveries, vendors, communicated, provided and perform root cause analyzes with senior management. Assessed and monitored impact of infrastructure systems performance and capacity of all services and resources. Provided daily HW, and Apps Infrastructure performance and capacity reporting, recommended optimization of CPU, Memory, DB, I/O, and Network components to maximize the productivity of Apps performance and capacity of threshold values, scalability of multiple midrange, or middleware server technologies. Collaborated with DEV, Apps, DBA and SA teams on projects, production apps, to define, and meet short and long term goals, created Methods of Procedures, troubleshoot, document High Severity catastrophic UNIX/LINUX provisioning systems and network failures; Evaluated, recommended, implemented and supported third party apps and products into environment, analyzed network system and apps performance and capacity metric for severe outages for submission to Confidential NETO Upper Management, departments and vendors. Overseen apps automation, server builds, enforced policy, and standards. Evaluated, tested CA Wiley Introscope for utilization in the environment. QA code, identified, documented, supported, recommended HW and SW upgrades.
- Provided analysis on performance scaling, throughput capacity models utilizing data points. Provided drill down analysis, on bottlenecks effecting infrastructure. Recommended application and DB tuning. Evaluated infrastructure impact, utilized daily and historical performance data and monitoring tools to formulate trending analysis to maintain high level infrastructure systems operations. Monitored
- Lead escalation of application and hardware performance issue throughout Confidential NE&TO infrastructure. Lead, train coworkers on infrastructure technologies, Monitored application and in complex Internet voice over IP infrastructure. Evaluated and tested CA Wiley Introscope tool for implementation into the environment. Utilized, CA Spectrum, Excel, CA EHealth, BEA WEBLOGICS, NETCOOL, MRGT and CA Wiley Introscope.
Confidential, Lenexa, KS
Network Systems Engineer
- Managed and maintained SDLC close working relationship with software developers, coordinated external vendors ensuring timely efficient completion and testing of Confidential PCS in house NSP Mobile IP application, incorporated development and support of upstream and downstream applications and network element testers, planners, schedulers, developers, and data environment. Executed concise, method-based, test programs verified systems and code compliance, validated project requirement specifics. Executed testing processes, manage exceptions errors, track bug defects, and drove defect resolution. Monitored Network connection utilizing HP Openview and Netrac.
- Lead certification, deployment of the Mobile IP code into production. Monitored, performed QA code changes, acceptance testing, created M&Ps for multiple versions of NSP x.0 Mobile IP application, conducted extensive regression testing, wrote release notes, performed end-to-end system testing to Mobile IP Architecture Elements, reported software deficiencies across the heterogeneous Solaris 8.0, HP-UX 11.0, Linux O/S, platforms and various Mobile IP network protocols. Work effectively in Confidential ’s Testing & Integration Network Lab performing systems application performance tuning and support in a Testing, Integration Test Lab environment with multiple Engineering’s and platform teams, while documenting and informing Directors and Sr. Management. Develop Mobile IP performance application test plans, test cases, expected results, test procedures process.
- Ensured timely completion, and documentation of infrastructure, configuration, application deficiencies, accurate test deliveries, while meeting functionality, and required project specification deadlines utilizing Clearquest ticketing tracking system. Executed lab platform testing and performance with various network engineering. Performed code reviews, break testing, constant evaluation of systems logs, ensure systems network efficiency, identified, documented product deficiencies, recommended patches and upgrades. Provisioned wireless air cards, Mobile client’s phones for testing and interaction with Mobile IP application coupled with monitoring lab and vendors system provision testing, utilized HP Openview, Netrac, and NMS software. Evaluated and tested new High Available technologies. Tailed and monitored logs during AAA, LDAP and device provisioning.
- Received Confidential Excellence Award for high quality work.
Confidential, Bloomington, IL
- Managed Computer Product vendors, lead evaluation and tested new High Available technologies planned, acquisition, deployment and certification of HP-UX and AIX RS 6000 systems, peripherals, networking products created documentation of systems implemented into data center infrastructure. Managed Account Customer Engineers support specialists who diagnosed, troubleshot, and repaired equipment and systems. Maintained productive relationship with Senior Management, Project Managers, Business Analysts, and UNIX Systems Engineers to ensure the proper configuring and operability of systems for projects while acting as a point of escalations for the UNIX, Network Performance and Software Application support department. Provided assistance with feasibility studies, architecture models and business cases for new technology under consideration
- Managed the maintenance and enhancement of HP 9000 and IBM P-Series hardware systems that supported high-level field business software applications and systems. Effectively wrote and submitted RFP’s to Director, Senior Management in collaboration with projects procurement of UNIX systems, peripherals, network and storage devices, and vendor products to satisfy infrastructure upgrades. Certified, and approved, requests for UNIX system servers, hardware and networking products for deployment into infrastructure. Effectively evaluated, tested and implemented into the systems infrastructure a HP XP SAN Solution. Managed HP-UX hardware support and meetings, collaborating second level UNIX system administrator’s hardware support team, project team, and HP’s UNIX O/S support group, Account Engineers and sales rep to ensure customer satisfaction. Effectively, defined UNIX server’s infrastructure project requirements while managing infrastructure hardware implementation, deployment, and vendor support. Lead, planned and implemented disaster recovery of HA critical systems while providing 24/7 high level support for the HP-UX and P-series AIX, servers in production, data storage, switches, peripherals and networking products.
- Researched and consulted with resources and/or industry experts to ensure the effectiveness and efficiency of State Farm systems and applications. Recommend, documented and approved orchestrated upgrades, improvements, and integration strategies to meet the needs of the infrastructure. Implemented and managed test environment of new architecture technology into infrastructure.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
Customer Engineer -Virtual Response Center Engineer
- On a daily basis as a field engineer and a Virtual Response Center Engineer (help desk), provided technical hardware server support for HP 9000 UNIX class servers, peripherals, network and storage devices and other vendor products supported by HP in the Chicago metro area and Midwest territory.