Desire a Help Desk Technician position where I can employ my expertise in providing desktop and application support to users along with providing exceptional troubleshooting assistance
- Java Programming
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Mac OS
- Windows XP/Vista
- Tech Support
- Remedy Force
- Cisco Routers & Switches
- LAN & WAN
- Team Leadership
- Cross - functional Team Management
- Program Development
- Process and Productivity Development
- Staff Development
- Complex Problem Solving
- Strategic Planning
- Business writing and proofreading
- Schedule and Time Management
Network technitian, Alexandria, VA
- Design and install well-functioning computers, connections, and cabling.
- Install, modify, and repair computer hardware and software.
- Desktop support for Windows 7, 8, 10, MS Office & 365.
- Manage User accounts and workstations in Active Directory.
- Respond to queries in person, by phone, or email.
- Walk customers through problem-solving processes.
- Run diagnostic of both software programs and hardware.
- Maximizing network performance by monitoring performance, troubleshooting network problems and outages.
- Securing network systems by establishing and enforcing policies, and defining and monitoring access.
- Support and administration of firewall environments in line with IT security.
- Do regular backups to servers.
Help Desk Confidential, katy, TX
- Provided technical support for issues scaling between Tiers 1-2 in a timely manner to minimize work interruption.
- Managed user accounts and workstations in Active Directory (disable/enable, add/remove to OU).
- Assigned and managed tokens for dual factor authentication purposes for off-site users.
- Daily interaction with clients through e-mail and phone calls.
- Assisted in creating, monitoring, and tracking incident/request work order tickets to ensure high quality client service
- Investigated and fixed hardware (hard drive, RAM, keyboards).
- Resolved numerous issues with software, VPN (both local and remote VPN connectivity), and Microsoft Office and 365 (Outlook, Word, Excel, Lync).
- Performed data backup, recovery and restoration from workstations for clients during upgrades or reimages.
- Installed printers (network and local), scanners, desktop and laptop computers (and the relevant peripherals).
Junior Network Architecht
Confidential, Woodbridge, VA
- Assisted with the management and maintenance of both local and wide area networks.
- Set up and maintained computer locations and software.
- Troubleshot network connectivity.
- Secured and monitored network systems.
- Designed, implemented, and configured basic routers and switches.
- Supported administration of firewalls.
- Basic configuration of IP addresses and VLANs.
- Remote troubleshot and supported on-site and off site end users.
Confidential, Petersburg, VA
- Planned and executed the revitalization of the strategic plan for the Reginald F. Lewis School of Business.
- Managed a team of 20 professionals.
- Directed strategic initiatives to achieve organizational objectives.
- Drafted action plans and led meetings with department officials to review project status and proposed changes.
- Delivered status reports to the Dean for budgeting and planning purposes.
- Collaborated with cross-functional teams to draft project schedules and plans.
- Monitored team progress and enforced deadlines.
- Developed a slideshow and other forms of media to present the project to the Dean and Head Professor.