- Over 7 years of professional experience as Linux / Unix System Administrator/Engineer incorporating administration, implementation and application - product support under environment of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.X/6.x/7.x, Sun Solaris (9/10), Windows server 2008,2012 R2, 2016, IBM AIX 5.1/5.3/6.1/7.2 and AWS cloud(VPC).
- Expertise in Installation, Configuration, troubleshooting and Performance tuning of Red Hat Enterprise Linux, IBM AIX, Sun Solaris and Windows Servers.
- Expertise in installing, upgrading and configuring Red Hat Servers using Kick Start and Solaris Server using Jumpstart.
- Hands on experience in Installing VMware ESXi, Configuring ESXi hosts, Managing vCenters, and Data stores.
- Expertise in package management using Red Hat RPM, YUM used in several Linux distributions such as Red Hat Enterprise Linux, SUSE Linux Enterprises and Fedora.
- Worked in configuration of Red Hat Satellite server and Managed, configured and maintained customer entitlements, upgrading and patching Linux servers.
- Proficient in installing, configuring and volume/ disk management by using Veritas Volume. Manager (VxVM), Solaris Volume Manager (SVM) in Solaris and Logical Volume Manager (LVM) in Linux.
- Expertise in configuring and administering NIS, NIS+, NFS, DNS, LDAP, DHCP, Mail Servers and Web Servers like Apache HTTP & Tomcat in heterogeneous environments.
- Expertise in understanding of error logging subsystem, resolving technical issues by Diagnosing, Problem determination, Troubleshooting and providing Root Cause Analysis.
- Expertise in installing and configuring Red Hat Cluster Server, MC Service Guard, VERITAS Volume Manager.
- Strong experience working with SAN, NAS and storage administration, with EMC Clarion & DMX storage. Configured Sun Multi-Packs, Storage Arrays, T3's and SAN backup for disaster recovery.
- Possess good knowledge in Setup and configuration of several MS SQL 2012 Failover cluster servers running windows 2012 and multiple iSCSI drives.
- Experience in installing, integrating and tuning Webservers such as web server 6.3, 6.5, Tomcat 4.x, 5.x & Apache Server 1.x, 2.x and integrating them with Weblogic 10.x servers and Webfocus IHS also involved in troubleshooting
- Strong knowledge and highly experienced in writing Shell scripts, Power shell, Python, Perl to automate routine tasks like checking log files, Selective file removal, disk space utilization, Process management and file backups.
- Strong knowledge of system performance and monitoring tools like Nagios, Splunk and Solarwinds.
- Experience on Setting up printers/ remote queues/ Info-print management Migration upgrades of AIX (433/51/52/53), including system tuning, security, backup, recovery and upgrades of IBM AIX and Linux.
- Good Knowledge in planning and designing of Disaster Recovery and Redundant System for reliability, and resiliency.
- Proficient in Configuration management tools like Ansible and Puppet for Deployment on Multiple platforms along with knowledge in Chef.
- Good knowledge in developing and maintaining infrastructure using Chef, Jenkins, and multiple AWS tools like OpsWorks and Code Deploy.
- Experience in configuring SUDO, granting permissions to users, creating and administrating control.
- Experience in cloud stack such as Amazon AWS.
- Good knowledge in automating, build and monitoring tasks across AWS and Rackspace using a variety of tools such as Mongo DB, NginX, Jenkins, and JIRA.
- Experienced in troubleshooting problem related to boot loaders like GRUB and LILO and perform PXE booting.
- Involved in migrating physical Linux/Windows servers to cloud (AWS) and testing.
- Build servers using AWS: Importing volumes, launching EC2, RDS, creating security groups, auto-scaling, load balancers (ELBs) in the defined virtual private connection.
- Configured Users & Security administration, backup, recovery and maintenance of various activities.
- Expertise in Hardware and software evaluation, recommendation and vendor management
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Capable of quickly learning and delivering solutions as an individual and as part of a team.
- Knowledge in the process of transitioning to DevOps practices includes an understanding of best practices, implementation strategies and integration strategies and analysis of related tools.
- Knowledge on DevOps practices like continuous Builds, Testing, Integration and Delivery.
- Manage virtual and physical cloud resources as required with an overall objective of improving the scalability, reliability, performance, and availability of the cloud.
- Strong in troubleshooting, monitoring, training and 24/7 production support in production environment.
Operating Systems: Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL 7/6/5), IBM AIX (6.1/5.3), Solaris 10/9/8, HP-UX (11.00, 11.11, 11.23, 11.31), SUSE Linux 11/10/9, Windows 2003/2008/2012.
Virtualization: VMWare ESX 3.0.1 & 3.5.0 Server, vSphere, VMware Infrastructure Client 2.5 &Xen 3.2Devops: Puppet, chef, Ansible, Jenkins, SVN, GIT, Splunk, Nagios
Web Servers: Apache1.3.x, 1.2, 2.x, JBoss4.0.x, Web Logic, Web Sphere, ATG, Java Web Server, Virtual Hosting, Spelunk 5.0s, Nix, LAMP stack, Tomcat, IIS 5.0/ 4.0, SAMBA v3.0, Drupe, Send mail.
Scripting: Bash, KSH, CSH, Power CLI, Perl Scripting, Python, Ruby, PHP, Shell
Hardware: Dell PE 2600, PE 1900, PE 2800, PE 2900, PE 2950, Sun Fire V440, V120, V480, V490, V880, Sun Fire X4100, X4200, X4440, X4140, X4170, X4500, X4540 Sun Fire 2900, 4800, 6900, Sun Enterprise Servers T5120, T5220, T5240, T2000, NT3-1, T3-2, M5000 & M9000, IBM Blade center and various HP and Lenovo Servers.
Storage: VERITAS Volume manager 3.5 and 4.x, Logical Volume Manager, Tivoli (TSM), VERITAS NetBackup4.5, EMC Power Path, EMC Symmetrix, Hitachi, IBM arrays, Storage-TEK L700, Dell Power Vault.
Languages: Shell Script, Python, Perl, PHP, Ruby
Amazon Web Services: EC2, VPC, EBS, AMI, SNS, RDS, EBS, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, CloudFormation AWS Config, Autoscalling, CloudFront, IAM, S3, and R53.
Database: SQL, Oracle, MySQL.
Networks: NIS, NFS, LDAP, DNS, Routers and Firewalls
Protocols: TCP/IP, FTP, SSH, SFTP, SSL, DHCP, TFTP, and SMTP
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Linux/Unix System Administrator
- Performed Installation, configuration and connecting RHEL 6, Centos 6.4 and Solaris 10 servers to a network using standard installation and Kickstart.
- Reviewed server platforms, installations and configurations to ensure corporate and industry standard were followed.
- Worked on various Virtualization technologies like VMware Esxi 5.5, Hyper-V and Oracle Virtual Box.
- Worked on hardening, and patching both Red Hat 6 and Solaris servers and upgrade new release on standalone servers (using single user mode), and also on production servers.
- Setting up firewall configuration using IPChains/IPTables and SELinux
- Involved in Setup, configure and troubleshoot TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, NFS, CIFS, and Samba servers in a multiplatform LAN
- Performed multiplatform volume management using LVM and VCS volume manager and manage swap configurations.
- Assembled Puppet Master, Agent and Database servers on Red Hat Enterprise Linux Platforms.
- Used Puppet and Ansible as automation tools for application management and OS management.
- Created cron jobs for periodic processes using crontab or bash scripting
- Managed crash and core dump files, archive, compress files and send to vendors.
- Configured Apache, Tomcat, Nginx (Proxy + load Balancer), MySQL server on Red Hat 6 for virtual and web hosting, install and configure samba for quick publishing using third party web page maker.
- Involved in user and security account management using LDAP and Kerboros configurations protocols, and file management using RWX permissions or ACL.
- Day to day tasks included Monitoring and Maintaining system configuration and log files and system error with password recovery and performance tuning, perform fault isolation and root-cause analysis of recurring issues.
- Created alarms and notifications for AWS EC2 instances using Cloud Watch.
- Developed monitoring and notification tools using Python.
- Worked on AWS Auto Scaling for providing high availability of applications and EC2 instances based on the load of applications by using Cloud Watch in AWS.
- Responsible for data management using Red Hat utilities for archiving, compression backup and restoration.
- Performed Server monitoring, capacity planning, application monitoring with the help of Nagios and Splunk.
- Responsible in part of the ticketing system running on Solarwinds.
- Working knowledge of Red Hat Satellite server to deploy, monitor and manage systems updates
- Performed backup using Snapshots, Rsync, Veritas NetBackup and Jenkins backup add-on
- Provide 24/7 support in a production and staging environment, troubleshooting and documentation for future reference
Environment: Red Hat Linux, AWS, Jenkins, Chef, Splunk, Solarwinds, VMware ESXi, CentOS, SUSE, Oracle, MySQL, DNS, FTP, LDAP, SAMBA.
Confidential, Irving, TX
- Supported Linux environment with around 2500+ servers running Red Hat Linux.
- Installed configured and Upgraded Red Hat Linux 5.x 6.x, 7.x and Oracle Enterprise Linux 5.x, 6.x systems, IBM DB2(9.X and 10.X).
- Configured cluster pools, enabled HA and DRS features using vSphere 5.x.
- Worked on Virtualization of Red Hat servers using vSphere 5.5/6.0 and managed ESXi servers using VCenter and also worked with ESXi Cluster and vmotion.
- Installed, Configured and Maintained Red Hat Linux (5.x, 6.x & 7) Kickstart and Solaris x86 VM’s.
- Configured and maintained servers using VMware ESXi 6.0. Experience in working with adding new Disks to the VM from the Hostgroup.
- Used custom development procedure for upgrading Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems from version 5 to 6 with minimum down time.
- Responsible for patching and maintaining RHEL systems using Red Hat Satellite.
- Worked with various components of AWS cloud and was involved in creating instances and managing application in AWS.
- Launching Amazon EC2 Cloud Instances using Amazon Images (Linux) and Configuring launched instances with respect to specific applications.
- Involved in Enterprise upgrading the Splunk environment from 6.3 to 6.4.
- Implemented and configured Apache, Websphere, MQSeries, Oracle & IBM Databases on the RHEL and OEL Linux Systems and configured Kickstart process for automatic installation.
- Used Logical Volume Manager (LVM) for creating Volume Groups, Logical volumes and disk mirroring in RHEL and OEL.
- Used Nagios as a Monitoring tool for visualizing the events and get alerts.
- Created users, managed user permissions, maintained User & File System quota in RHEL.
- Installed and configured MySQL for storing and recovering data requested by software applications.
- On Unix/Linux servers Configured NFS, NIS, NIS+, DNS, LDAP, Auto-mount and disk space management and built RPMs for applications as per requirement.
- Worked on Upgraded Hardware of Linux servers in p2v and Worked on Red Hat Linux Servers migration from Physical to Virtual(p2v), Physical to Physical and Virtual to Virtual
- By using Red Hat Cluster Solution (RHCS) Implemented high availability clusters using with EXT3 and EXT4 file systems.
- Monitored functions and real-time responses and followed all system preventive measures
Environment: HP Proliant-DL 360 G7, DL 380 G6, DL 380 G7, DL 580 G7, DELL Power Edge R series, IBM Power 570, p5 505 Express servers, Red Hat Linux 5.x 6.x,7.x, OEL 6.x, AWS, Windows 2000/2003, VMware ESXi 5.5/6.0, NFS, DNS, LDAP, Net App NAS, Apache, Oracle 10g, IBM DB2 9.x/10.x, SAN.
Confidential, Bellevue, WA
- Administered and troubleshoot Red Hat Linux 6.x/7.x, which includes installation and testing.
- Setup and configured DHCP, Kickstart, and PXE servers for automated system builds and performed typical OS administration tasks and troubleshoot the issues.
- Created disk file systems new users, groups, user passwords, changed passwords, managed user accounts issues.
- Installed, configured, monitored, managed and maintained DNS servers, Mail servers.
- Troubleshoot Linux network, captured packets using tools such as IPtables, firewall, NMAP.
- Performed regular installation of patches using YUM, RPM and Tarball utilities.
- Effectively used YUM repository server for installing packages from a centralized server.
- Involved in Configuring and monitoring DHCP server.
- Worked with Cron jobs and managed of Red Hat Linux user accounts, groups, files permissions and ACLs.
- Worked on Agile methodology and used JIRA for issue tracking
- Involved in configuring disk partition of Raid.
- Created user roles and groups for securing the resources using local operating System authentication.
- Created user roles and groups for security of the resources used in local operating system.
- Performed kernel tuning and monitoring the system performance through various system tools: top, sar, vmstat, netstat, iostat.
- Installed and configured packages for the servers, according to the requirements.
- Good knowledge on migration, planning, developing, testing, and moving the migration process into full-fledged production network.
- Worked on change control process which gives an insight of any changes done on the server
- For local repositories installed and Configured Vsftpd and NFS Server with TCP Wrappers.
- Worked on installing, integrating, tuning Apache and Tomcat application server.
- Installed SAMBA server for interface between Linux servers and Windows servers to share files.
- Troubleshoot day to day Server & User related issues on Linux systems.
- Enabled, started and stopped services, worked with run levels and system targets and created physical volumes, volume groups, and logical volume.
- Effectively facilitated project deployment, Maintained relations with project managers, DBA’s, Developers, application support teams and operational support teams.
- Managed system installation, troubleshoot, maintained, performed tuning and managed storage resources, network configuration to fit application and database requirements.
Environment: Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.x,7.x, Centos, SAMBA, MYSQL, PXE, RAID, MS Windows Server, Tomcat, Apache, IPTables, Firewall, NMAP, YUM, RPM.
Confidential, Sarasota, FL
- Installed, Maintained, Administered and troubleshoot Linux servers.
- Installed and Configured software packages using both yum and rpm in Red Hat Linux.
- Implemented Virtualization using VMware. Installed VMware ESX server on Dell Servers and configured Red Hat Linux 5.8 virtual machines for various applications.
- Installed and configured the DNS, DHCP servers and assigned IP addresses to client hosts.
- Configured and maintained Samba Server, NFS Server, NIS Server and clients, DNS clients and AutoFs File systems. Renewal of SSL certificate and code signing certificates.
- Monitored performance using Ksar, iostat, vmstat, mpstat and Other Tools.
- Installed, Maintained, Administered and troubleshoot Linux, HP-UX systems.
- Performed administrative tasks such as System startup/shutdown, Backup strategy, Printing, User Management, Security, Network management.
- Installed & Configured software packages in Red Hat Linux. (Using both yum and rpm installations)
- Installed and updated patches on the servers using Red Hat Satellite servers.
- Managed groups and user accounts, assigned permissions to users.
- Worked with Network Monitoring Application Software such as Nagios.
- Worked on Troubleshooting critical hardware and software issues and other day-to-day user trouble tickets.
- Developed automated processes that run daily to check disk usage and perform cleanup of file systems on UNIX environments using shell scripting and CRON.
- Created, Resized and managed online JFS File system for users upon user request using VERITAS Volume manager and LVM.
- Installed packages using RPM on Linux Servers.
- Configured the FTP server to maintain the shared folders in organization.
- Worked on chroot Jail (jailed sftp), Creating and supporting SFTP users for our client.
- Worked on Web servers which include Tomcat 5.x/4.x/3.x & Apache Server 2.x/1.x
- Worked closely with the SAN storage, Network and Security teams.
- Integrated Linux domain and windows clients using samba server.
Environment: RHEL 4.x, 5.6, 5.8, Windows servers 2000, 2003, 2008, XP, 7, Debian, Nagios, Weblogic, Oracle 9i, 10g, Mail server, Listserv, Veritas volume manager, VMWare ESX 3.5/4.0 & 4.1, HP Blades G5, G6, G7, DELL Power edge 1650,2850,2950,6400.
Linux System Administrator
- Backed and restored file systems using Veritas Netbackup 6.5.
- Performed volume management using SVM and LVM and the creation of zfs, VxFS, UFS and ext3 file systems.
- Installed and supported various applications including WebLogic 10, JBoss 4.2.x, Oracle 10g, Sun Java System Web Server 7, Tomcat, JDK 1.5, Ant .
- Created and Maintained User Profiles for all new users via Red Hat Linux servers.
- Administered and supported Unix Servers including SUSE, IBM AIX & Red Hat Linux and CentOS.
- Created VMs for SUSE, Solaris x86 and Red Hat Linux on VMWare ESX 3.5 and administering them with VI Client .
- Decommissioned the servers/service groups which: removal of DNS, take full ad-hoc backup of file systems, removal from backups, removal of patrol monitoring, removal from AD .
- Worked on Remedy project and resolved Remedy tickets as assigned to the individual or team
- Involved in development, user acceptance, and performance testing, production & disaster recovery server .
- Strong scripting knowledge on Perl, bash, ksh, to perform different administration tasks .
- Managed, Supported and troubleshoot with remote as well onsite support for Customers to resolve server.
- Provisioned LUNs from SAN based on McDat a Switches and Hitachi Based Storage.
- Performance tuning and troubleshooting of the applications and resolution of issues arising out of the ticketing systems in Remedy .
- Monitored the servers using tools like BMC and Nagios and providing 24x7 support on call rotation basis.
Environment: SUSE 9,10, Solaris 8, 9, 10, Red Hat 3, 4.x, VM Ware ESX 3.5, Virtual Center 2.5, BMC Patrol for Unix, Apache 2.2.x, Sun Java System Web Server 7, WebLogic 10, ksh, bash, Oracle 10g, Sun SPARC Enterprise T2000, T5120, Hitachi Lightening 9970v.
Windows/Linux System Engineer
- Performed automated installations of OS using Jumpstart for Solaris and Kickstart for Linux.
- Maintained the CPU & Memory utilization of Servers reports on the WEB.
- Installed, Configured & Upgraded Linux, Solaris, AIX, HP-UX and Windows operating system.
- Configured and administered Mail Server/SMTP server on Linux.
- Experienced in Red Hat Cluster Suite and Global File System, Red Hat Network Satellite Server.
- Space allocation to the metadevices, detaching and clearing the devices if not in use.
- Configured NFS, NIS, NIS+, DNS, Auto-mount and disk space management on SUN servers.
- Involved in disaster recovery testing every quarter and 24/7 server support.
- Successfully completed daily incremental and database backups and followed developed procedures.
- Configured and Administered VERITAS Cluster Server.
- Extensively worked in data and database migration from older machine to latest configurations.
- Configured and Administered NFS, SMTP, DHCP, Samba Server in heterogeneous environment.
- Installed patches and packages and Veritas Volume Manager and Veritas File System, WebLogic and Websphere Servers.
- Extensively used volume management tool using Veritas Volume Manager to create disk groups, volumes with RAID architecture and layered volumes.
- Experience with configuring and managing Virtual disks, Disk Mirrors and RAID 0, 1 and 5 levels.
- Proactive maintenance on systems by timely upgrading Patches to the systems and Scheduling of batch jobs and Cron jobs.
- Completed periodic checks of production and development systems; CPU utilization, memory profiles, disk utilization, network connectivity, system log files, etc.
Environment: RHEL, 4.x,5.x, 6.x, HP-UX 11.x, RHEL3,4,5 Windows NT, HP Itanium, HP PA -RISC boxes Rp8200, IBM PSeries 670, p5 595, XSeries, Oracle clustered nodes.