- A firm understanding of LAN & WAN network technologies with a focus on troubleshooting, project management and customer service.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Excellent inter - personal and customer service skills.
- Experience working in mission critical and fast paced high pressure environment.
- Ability to provide 24 hour management escalation support.
- Excellent in multi-tasking
LAN/WAN: IOS, BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, RIP, QoS, NAT, Frame-Relay, ATM, MPLS, Cisco Call Manager
Hardware: Cisco ASA Firewall, 2600, 2800 Routers, Wireless AP 1200/1300, and 3550, 3560, 3800, 4500, 7000, 6500 Switches
Operating Systems: Windows Server 2003/2000/NT, Windows 7/Vista/XP, Linus.
Network Technical Officer 2
- Configuration and troubleshooting of SNMP server using Netscout in Data Center
- Installation of switched cables of 6500 switches for various VLANs at the IDF and MDF in various locations
Confidential, Brooklyn, NY
- Configure, install, upgrade and manage all Cisco routers and switches and network management and monitoring tools such as Remedy.
- Migration of IGRP to EIGRP, RIPv1 to RIPv2 and EIGRP networks to OSPF corporate network, involving IP address reallocation, summarization, redistribution and route filtering. Spanning tree config & trouble shooting
- Perform risk assessments in a network environment to determine vulnerabilities and recommend safeguards to mitigate risk; Performs compliance reviews to ensure network applications and devices are operating in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Coordinate with network service providers and carriers to resolve outages.
- Installation of MDF and IDF including building of Racks, wiring Closets, Routers, Switches, Access Points, Wireless Cameras, Cables and termination of cables, etc.
- Engage in BGP AS and redundancy (HSRP both in static and dynamic) design and BGP troubleshooting
- Manage Service Provider relationships, manage all details from circuits ordering, setup, and troubleshooting
- Installation and configuration of video streaming services using multicast and ensuring excellent quality with the use of detailed Quality of Service (QoS).
- Configuring and maintenance of various protocols such as UDP, DHCP, DNS, WINS, TCP/IP, NWLink, Frame Relay, ATM, BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, RIPV 1 and RIPV 2, 802.11(a/b/g/i /n), WPA, WPAv2, AES, EAP, RSN, TACAC, TLS, IGMP, Multicast, etc.
- Configuration of DSL, SSL VPN, including IPSec, Firewall DMZ, Cisco Layer 2 and 3 Switch, 6500, 3500, 1900 Netflow, Syslog, SNMP, etc.
- Configurations of Win XP, Server 2000, 2003, including Active Directory and Radius Server, etc.
Confidential, Brooklyn, NY
CCNA Program Instructor
- Instructed students in the field of Network Administration and Network Engineering.
- Instructed on the following topics: Network Topologies, Internet Protocol addressing, networking components, basic network design, router configuration and troubleshooting, routed and routing protocols.
- Instructed students on how to configure LAN Switching, VLAN, WAN theory, designs and technologies such as PPP, Frame Relay and ISDN, etc.
- Teaching of complete curriculum of CCNA, including LAB setup, configuration of Cisco devices (Routers, Switches, Firewalls, etc) using Command Line Interface (CLI) and GUI.
Confidential, NEW YORK, NY
- Provided students with the hands on skills to pursue a career in electronic technology.
- Provided instruction on the design and construction of series and parallel circuits using resistors, capacitors, inductors, oscilloscope, and various types of connectors. Also explored with students the designing of generators and motors.
- Explored the use of spectrum analyzer, logic analyzer, network analyzer, power meter, signal generator, frequency generator and oscilloscope etc.