- Highly knowledgeable IT professional with over eighteen years of experience in the industry helping organizations succeed by improving their information processes and infrastructure’s high availability, performance, and security. Such achievements being possible due to my broad knowledge and experience on the Administration, Planning, Design, Implementation and Support of VMware vSphere, Windows/AD, Hyper - V, Citrix and Nutanix Virtual/Physical Infrastructures. This includes vSphere 6.x/5.x/4.x, Windows Server/AD 2016/2012/2K8/2K3, Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop Platforms, and Nutanix Hyper-Converged Platform. Same experience on VMware/Windows/Citrix/Cisco UCSM Enterprise Management Applications, Exchange Messaging 2013/2010/2007, SQL Server, Cisco Confidential Blade/Switching Platforms, Confidential Blade/Switching, Confidential /EMC Storage, among others.
- Broad experience in Migration/Integration/Upgrade/Configuration and Troubleshooting of VMware vCenter Server and Virtual Infrastructure including DCs, Clusters, ESXi Hosts, Win/Linux VMs, Datastores, Networking-vDS/vSS, and the same for Windows/AD and Citrix XenApp Farms as well. Proactive Management of IT Infrastructure by Monitoring and Analyzing Virtual/Physical Systems’ Performance, Resource Utilization, and Operational Health using Enterprise Management Applications like vCenter Server, vRealize Operations Manager, SCOM, SCVMM, Cisco Confidential Manager, Cisco Net Assistant, among others. Also, broad experience in prevention and remediation actions like Performance Tuning, Resource Provisioning, Capacity Planning and Troubleshooting according to findings and needs. Administration and Support of HA/Load Balancing solutions like vSphere HA/DRS Host and Datastore Clusters; Windows Failover Clusters; Zerto Virtual Site Recovery, among others.
- General Knowledge of Microsoft Azure Cloud Infrastructure/Management and SaaS/IaaS/PasS, etc.
- Great Experience on SCCM for Systems Inventory/Configuration/Deployment/Upgrade/Patching.
- Administration and Configuration of Backup/Recovery solutions like Enterprise NetBackup, Backup Exec 2014/2012/2010, EMC De-Duplication Storage/Backup Solutions.
- Experience administering network security technologies to proactively protect information assets including monitoring, analysis and remediation with Enterprise solutions like McAfee EPO Unified Security at the Hypervisor/Physical level, TMicro Deep Security Mgmt and Scan Mail for Exchange Messaging, Websense Triton Unified Web/Email/Data Security, Authentication/Access Control with Cisco Identity Service, Iron Ports, etc.
Hypervisor/OS: VMware ESXi 6.x/5.x/4.x, Nutanix, Win Server 2016/2012/2K8/2K3, Citrix XenApp, LeoStream Broker
Application Software: VMware vCenter Server/Update Manager; vRealize Operations Manager; Cisco UCSM & CISCO Confidential Director; SCOM, SCCM, SCVMM; Standalone Converter; Microsoft Azure Management Console; Exchange Server 2013/2010/2K7; NetBackup/Backup Exec; EMC Avamar; Symantec Enterprise Vault; Zerto Virtual Recovery; What sUP Gold, among many others.
Hardware: Cisco Confidential Blade Servers/Enclosures; Nutanix Hyper Converge Virtual Platform; Cisco ISE, Iron Ports 170/160, ASA 5555 & 5510 Internal/Perimeter Firewalls; Anti-Virus/Malware/Spamming Security solutions like McAfee EPO Unified Security, TMicro Deep Security Mgmt, TMicro Scan Mail for Exchange and Websense Triton Unified Security; Confidential EqualLogic SAN; EMC s De-Duplication Storage; Cisco Switches 3750x/2960/Nexus 7K/5K; HP/ Confidential Switches.
Senior Systems Administrator
- Responsible for the Administration, Planning, Implementation, Migration, Configuration and Support of VMware, Windows/AD, Citrix XenApp and Hyper-V Platforms in many Countries as part of PPD’s Multi-Site/Domains Infrastructure across America, Europe and Asia.
- Preventive Management of America/Europe/Asia Infrastructures by Monitoring and Analyzing Virtual/Physical Systems’ Performance, Resource Utilization, and Operational Health on Clusters, Hosts, Virtual Machines, Virtual Appliances, Datastores, Blades/Rack Servers, among others.
- As part of Preventive Maintenance and Remediation; Provisioning/Performance Tuning, Upgrades, Patching, Optimization Configurations, Capacity Planning and Troubleshooting are provided at Virtual/Physical Level including Hypervisor, VM, Guess OS, Confidential Blades Firmware, among others.
- All Daily Administrative tasks are done using Enterprise Management Applications like VMware vCenter, vRealize Operations Manager, SCOM, SCCM, SCVMM, Cisco Confidential Manager/ Confidential Central, Cisco Confidential Director, LS VDI Broker Consoles, Nutanix Prism Central, among others.
- Implementation and Migration of vCenter Servers, ESXi Hosts/Clusters, Datastores, Standard/Distributed Switch Subnets; Windows Servers; Citrix XenApp Farms including Publishing Terminal Servers and Applications; Confidential Service Profiles/Blades Configuration, etc.
Senior Systems Administrator
- Responsible for the Administration, Planning, Implementation, Migration, Configuration and Support of the Virtual/Physical IT Infrastructure including; VMware vCenter and ESXi 5.5/5.1/4.1 Hosts/VMs; Windows Servers/Active Directory 2012/2008/2K3; Exchange Server 2013/2010
- The above responsibilities include daily proactive management by monitoring and analyzing Systems’ Performance, Resource Utilization, Operational Health and Security Controls on the Virtual/Physical Infrastructure including Clusters, Hosts, Virtual Machines, Virtual Appliances, Datastores, Blades/Rack Servers, Iron Ports, Internal Firewalls, Cisco Identity Service Engine, Confidential iSCSI SAN.
- As part of other Preventive Maintenance actions; responsible for Resource Provisioning, Performance Tuning-Optimization, Capacity Planning, Hypervisor/OS Patching and Upgrades, Firmware Upgrades and Configurations.
- Proactive security monitoring, analysis, vulnerability assessments, and remediation to protect information assets against security treats. Done by using tools like TrendMicro Deep Security Manager, McAfee EPO Unified Security, Iron Ports 170/160, ISE, ASA 5555 & 5510 Security-Firewalls, among others.
- Also, responsible for the P2V conversions to ESXi 5.5 platform as part of the remaining’s hardware consolidation and virtual infrastructure optimization respectively. Support on Virtual Backups with NetBackup, Backup Exec 2014 and EMC’s Data Deduplication Storage, among others.
Enterprise Senior Virtualization Advisor and Systems Administrator
- Responsible to provide systems administration expert advisory and engineering services to Virtual and Physical Infrastructures for high end Customers using VMware and Microsoft OS over a broad line of Confidential ‘s Servers, Storage, and Networking platforms. These services were provided onsite and remotely.
- These responsibilities included direct support of Data Centers running ESXi 5.1/5.0/4.x servers hosting Microsoft/Linux virtual machines under the central management of vCenter Server; Windows Servers 2K8 and 2K3 with AD and MSSC; Blades/Enclosures and Rack Servers; Preventive Management tools like Open Manage Server Administrator, OM Essentials, iDRACs, Repository Manager, Enclosures management controller, Confidential Plug-in for vCenter, and many others.
- Responsible for the implementation and support of VMware configurations including: integration of high end Ethernet networks/VLANs with virtual infrastructures; Multipath redundant/load balanced iSCSI/FC configurations to SANs; VMFS Datastores creation and provisioning; HA and DRS Clustering with vMotion and svMotion; Hosts/VM’s provisioning; among others.
Senior Systems Administrator
- Responsible for the Administration and Support of the VMware and Windows Infrastructure, including the planning, design and implementation of secure and efficient network strategies to ensure the required operational performance, business continuity, and data integrity.
- In those strategies were included the Implementation and Virtualization of Windows Servers 2K8, Exchange Server 2K10 and SQL 2K8 Databases running over Windows Failover Clusters. Administering the messaging and file system archiving and backup platforms with Enterprise Vault v9.x and NetBackup respectively. Both interoperating in a Confidential SAN environment. Other responsibility was supervising the technical staff on Network Management and Support process to end-users.
SENIOR IT CONSULTANT & SYSTEMS ENGINEER
- These services included the Outsourcing of VMware and Windows/AD Systems Administration and Support on Physical and Virtual Infrastructures for Confidential Companies and Government Agencies.
- Responsible to administering and supporting a broad range of Server, Networking and Desktop initiatives in support of business operation.
- The other responsibilities were very similar of those mentioned in Confidential & Associates Company. In addition, hands-on experience leading all stages of systems development efforts, including requirements definition, design, testing, implementation and support.