- A Resourceful IT professional with experience in team management, project management, virtualization, client - server support, system architect/design, system administration, Network design/setup and problem identification/resolution. Work well with others when meeting complex business objectives. Thrives on the opportunity, dynamic environments provide to broaden my existing knowledgebase. Exhibits superior written communication, organizational, and analytical skills.
- Setting up Routers and Switches, creating Vlans, separating network traffic based on departments, users group, using ACLs/RACLs to allow or deny access to resources on the network, setting up trunks and Etherchannels, setting up redundancy among switches using Confidential . Setting up Private Vlans to separate traffic within server farm sitting on the same lan. Securing network against possible spanning-tree disruptions, such as rogue access point additions and loss of stability to the root bridge by the addition of switches to the network. Securing Layer 2 switches against MAC flood attacks, preventing DHCP spoofing attack and preventing unauthorized access to the network using Confidential and 802.1X. Setting up routing using RIP, EIGRP, OSPF and BGP. Setting up multi-area OSPF. OSPF over Frame Relay, route distribution between different protocols like RIP and OSPF, OSPF and BGP etc. Troubleshooting issues related to EIGRP, OSPF and BGP protocols. Setting up IP phones using Call Manager Express(CME) and CUCM, integrating CUCM users with Active Directory. In short expertise in
- VRF Routing, MPLS Traffic Engineering per VRF, configure MP-BGP between routers, configuring authentication for MPLS, configuring address-families for BGP, MPLS label filtering, MPLS implementation using OSPF.
- IPV6 implementation with OSPF, EIGRP and RIP, using different tunneling methods
- IGP including RIP/OSPF/IGRP/EIGRP/IS-IS
- BGP Implementation
- Layer 2 technologies including ISL/802.1Q/STP/RSTP/MSTP
- VLAN/Private Vlan/Super Vlan/Community Vlan
- Etherchannel technologies like LACP/PAgP
- VPN setup using IPSec, knowledge of Confidential and 802.1X
- Access list expertise, like standard, extended, VACL, PACL, Route-map, Vlan map.
- Troubleshooting skills using Wireshark and Netmon
- Voice over IP Knowledge, Unified communication setup using Call Manager Express(CME) and CUCM. Setting up MGCP and H323 Gateways
- Cisco ASA firewall experience
- Familiarity with Cisco Nexus-OS, vPC, cFSoE, Fabric Extender(FEX), OTV, VDC and Fabric Path
- Experience with QoS
- Enterprise Wireless Network setup.
- Familiarity with Confidential (Cisco Unified Computing System)
- Experience Managing and maintaining Cisco Ace, F5 LTM and GTM
- Experience with setting up F5 LTM in HA mode with fail over lan using F5 recommended setup.
- Experience with setting up VIPs, Pools, Nodes, iRules, customized persistence, tcp, http and SSL profiles .
- Managing SSL offloading
- Troubleshooting any issues with VIPs, using tcpdump
- Experience with F5 best practices, iHealth, Route Domains, multiple partitions
- Experience with Virtualization technologies like Installing, Configuring and administering VMware ESX/ESXi and Vsphere server environment
- Creation, Management and Configuration of Virtual Machines, Clone and Templates.
- Strong understanding of VMware Networking like creation of vSwitches, different types of port groups, NIC Teaming and VLAN Problem management
- Experience with VMware VSphere 5, VMware VCenter 5, VCenter 4.1, HA, DRS, Host Profiles, VMotion, Storage VMotion, Virtual Appliance, update manager, powerCLI, Remote CLI.
- Build and troubleshooting experience with ESX and ESXi Servers, vSphere and vCenter manager.
- Strong knowledge and hands on experience in data center Migration.
- Hands on experience in administration and configuration of vSphere Replication manager
- Worked extensively on Templates and clones.
- Worked on ESX 3, 3.5, 4.0, 4.1 and ESXi 5.0.
- ESX Architecture, guest OS installation, setting up of VM priorities and Cloning and snapshots.
- Troubleshooting using PowerCLI.
Operating Systems: Cisco Nexus-OS, Cisco IOS, VM Vsphere Family(5.1, 5.0, 4.0, 4.1), ESX 3.5, Citrix Xen Server, Windows 2012 (RC), Windows 2008, Windows 2003 family, Windows 2000 family, Windows NT 3.51/4.0, Windows 8, Windows XP, Windows 95, MS-DOS.
Hardware: Cisco Unified System ( Confidential ), Cisco Hardware like Nexus 9K, 5K, 2K and 7000, switches like 6500, 6800 series, ASA 5500 series Firewall, 2800, 2900, 3600, 3700 and ASR series routers, 3500 and 2900 series switches, Cisco Phones 7945 series, IBM blades Chassis(Blade Center), Blades(HS 12, HS 21, HS 22), HP servers, Compaq servers, Unisys machines, Dell servers, IBM PCs and compatibles, SCSI device, Brocade switches, F5 Big IP, F5 3DNS, Netscaler, Juniper ISG firewalls, Cisco ACE and CSM modules
Software: Cisco Unified Communication Manager(CUCM), Cisco Call Manager Express, vCloud Director 5.1, IIS 8.0, IIS 7.0, IIS 6.0, IBM Cognos 8.3 and Cognos 8.4, IBM Websphere 6.1, 7.0, 8.0 Powershell, Biztalk 2006, Netegrity Siteminder, MS SQL, MS Exchange, Openfiler iSCSI storage software, MS Share point, MS Network Monitor, WireShark. Maximo, Nexus, Solarwinds Orion, Cisco Security Manager(CSM), Cisco Data Center Network Manager(DCNM)
Desktop Software: Visio, MS-Office Suite, Microsoft Back Office Products.
Sr. Network Engineer
- Responsible for design, install, configuration and support of high speed voice and data networks.
- Provide day-to-day onsite support for network systems, hardware and the related infrastructure as well as maintaining network equipment and appliances, analyze problems, and monitor the environment to ensure its availability.
- Some of the technologies and hardware used and supported, Cisco 5585, 5545,5520 Firewall, Firesight, Firepower, Cisco ASR 1004 routers, 6800 series, 6509 switches, Cisco Nexus Switches like, 7K, 9K, 5K, 6K and 2Ks, F5 4200 LTM and 2000 GTM, Cisco ACE, Juniper FWs etc.
- Continuously monitor and adjust the performance of networks (LANs and WANs) and survey the data center to determine future capacity needs.
- Troubleshoot problems reported by users and by automated monitoring systems and make recommendations for enhancements in the implementation of future servers and networks.
- Provide technical assistance, support, and advice to customers and internal users.
Design Team Lead
- Engaged by the TPM, would review any documents, like business requirement document(BRD), functional and non-functional requirement (NFR) to gather what is required and in the absence of these documents, met with line of business to collect these requirement and prepare hosting proposal document(HPD)
- Obtained line of business signoff on the HPD, created High Level Design (HLD), using MS Visio, depicting the flow of the environment from GTM to LTM to Web, app and Database, also showing any other inputs like Single Sign On, AD integration, mail and Storage etc.
- These designs were proposed using FastDNs, EMC storage, Dell, HP and IBM Blades, virtualized using VMware, on the OS side, using both Linux 6.4 and Windows 2008/2012, Oracle and SQL on the database side, Appache 2.2 on Web and Weblogic on the app server.
- Worked with CE, TPM and business to review and collect sign off on design and then engaged various resources such as the Systems Administration build team through BMC Remedy tool, to get the environment built out.
- Worked as consultant to the build and implementation team in the interpretation and the execution of the design documents.
Infrastructure Engineer/Project Manager
- Provide primary support for Employees Technologies (ET) applications like Sumtotal Learning Management System, Infor’s Time and Attendance System (ITAS), Biometrics, etc comprising of different platforms like, Windows 2K3, Linux, Unix, Oracle, IIS. My responsibilities includes but not limited to
- Ensuring that the supported systems are running properly.
- Checks the system health in the morning, reviews different logs and identify any new issues.
- Work with development team and vendors to find solution for any issues.
- Attend planning sessions for upgrading the existing environments with various groups like infrastructure and application architects.
- Work on application specific issues
- Coordinate with our hosting vendor, Savvis, any application updates, like patches, bug fixes and upgrades.
Project Manager/Solution Architect
- Co-authored winning RFP Response for Metro Area Network Connectivity Project, including full design of VPN, VOIP, and Networked Resources
- Managed Project Delivery with following technologies: Juniper Firewalls, Cisco Routers,switches and Cisco IP Phones
- Key Project Constraint was zero downtime during implementation, and was met with 100% success
- Was Prime Contact for all stakeholders: vendors, business group, and implementation team
- Detailed oversight of key deliverable: extensive documentation of architecture, operational processes, and maintenance guides.
- Technical Project Manager for a Data Center Consolidation Project
- Managed vendor activities related to ordering, delivery, build, and installation of distributed server and storage platforms (AIX, Windows, VMWare, and Unix)
- Key focus was Functional and Non-Functional requirements to ensure business continuity during the migration
- Success factor was proper resourcing of a wide variety of key senior technical resources: (Security, Capacity Planning, Monitoring and Control, and Storage)
- Project included in addition to the Migration tasks, simultaneous hardware and software upgrades, increasing the complexity of the project greatly
- Project/Team Lead at a Boutique Financial Services firm providing Proxy Voting Solutions
- Lead a team of 3 System administrators who were responsible for day to day support of over 200 windows based server team provided support for the system that runs many proxy applications built in house and wealth management platform called “investigo” among others, using technologies like Windows 2008, Windows 2003, .NET, Microsoft SQL, fileshares, print servers, Windows and SQL clusters, IBM Cognos, actuate, IIS 6.0, IIS 7.0, Biztalk, remedy and clarity. These systems were running on variety of systems from IBM blades, to HP servers to Virtual machines.
- Some of the accomplishments are
- Successful move of investigo platform from vendor hosted facilities to Confidential data centers.
- Saved the company over 3 months of consulting engagement proposed by IBM by properly managing the project, saving was made possible by evaluating the work effort proposed by IBM, identifying the efforts that can be done ahead of time, or not needed and aggressively negotiating the scope of work with them. Documenting the entire setup, training the other team members so that they can effectively support the environment.
- Managed the project for setting up Disk Xtender cluster for maintaining the documents required by FCC and in the process saved the company over $30,000 in consulting fees proposed by EMC by aggressively managing the deliverables.
- Setup Vsphere 4.0 lab and dev environments where evaluated various technologies like, Vmotion, HA, DR, Clustering, DRS, vSwtich.
- Responsible for all infrastructure projects and support for over 2000 servers
- Managed team of 14 SAs, onshore, near-shore, and off-shore
- Responsibility included managing one of the largest applications in Confidential: the Wealth Management Technology Platform - a mission critical application used by over 29,000 Financial Analysts
- Ensured all new projects underwent a strict Architectural Review
- Managed a major move of the corporate data center from New York to Pennsylvania
- Managed project team to deliver as part of a Global Audit Initiative
- Functional management of dedicated team members, including developing, building, and nurturing the team
- Managing releases, deployment issues, root cause analysis, monitoring of supported Servers