- 10+ years of professional work experience as a System Administrator/Engineer in Multiple large infrastructure environment RHEL5/6/7, Sun Solaris, IBM AIX and Windows 2000/2003 platforms.
- Proficient in User/Group administration, SUDO, file system management, configuration of clients/servers & troubleshooting in Linux & Unix Servers.
- Knowledge of VERITAS Cluster Suite, EMC, NAS/SAN Storage fundamentals, LVM.
- Experience in RPM Package Administration for installing, upgrading, and checking dependencies, Reconfiguring RPM databases using RPM Build and creating YUM repositories in RHEL.
- Experienced in deploying RHEL 5.x, 6.x, 7.x in a Physical and virtual environment.
- Experience in OpenSSH, FTP, Apache, DNS, and samba, NFS server.
- Manage network configuration of servers (NIC config, Ethernet bonding, DNS, virtual IPs)
- Experience with Data at reset Encryption tools (Vormetric transparent encryption and Gemalto - Protect file).
- Good troubleshooting skills to monitor server performance, hardware, network related issues
- Set up Bench-marking to closely monitor server resource utilization and provided direction to team members to add resources as needed to ensure organizational uptime standards.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, have good time management skills, and can handle work under pressure.
- Well organized with strong problem solving and good communication skills as well as ability to work both in teams and independently.
Operating Systems: Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL), Oracle Enterprise Linux, Ubuntu, Cent OS, Sun Solaris, IBM AIX, Windows 2003 server.
Computer Languages: Bash
Application/Tools: MS OFFICE, VMware, Nagios, Zenoss, Wireshark, TCPDump, Nmap, Veritas, Hardware Management Console, IDrac, ILO, Me & Mice, VERITAS and Puppet.
Backup: Tar, Cpio, Dump
Servers: DNS, DHCP, Openssh, NFS, FTP, Apache Web, Squid Proxy, NTP, Syslog
Security: Vormetric Transparent Encryption VTE, Safenet Protect file, Protect App.
Linux System Engineer/ Sr. System Administrator
Confidential, Austin, TX
- Install/configure Vormetric Agents, Gemalto (Safenet) Protectfile agent, Vormetric DSM’s and Gemalto Key secure.
- Good knowledge on configuring Gemalto ProectApp for application level encryption.
- Ensure that Data Protection tools infrastructure is up and running in stable state and perform hot fixes for the agents and RHEL6.x & 7.x.
- Provide Level 3/other support per request from various constituencies. Investigate and troubleshoot issues
- Installing and configuring file level encryption for local and NAS data using Safenet/Gemalto Protect file.
- Installing Vormetric VTE agent and configuring client profile for encryption on GPFS, NFS and local file system.
- Troubleshooting issue related on file encryption (double encryption or file not accessible by user’s etc.
- Creating test environment for application team on Linux servers to test different encryption tools ProtectApp JCE, Protect file, VTE.
- Follow changed management processes and ensure that all artifacts are created and provided for each deployment.
- Co-ordinate with vendor for issue related with encryption tools and performance issue with encryption tool on NFS and local file system.
- Schedule automation jobs using cron for HSM(modules) to pull Getlogs for debug logs.
- Upgrading kernel and testing new kernel for different data protection tools
- Analyzing logs for troubleshooting issue related to double encryption/system hung or restart, kernel modules not loading at startup etc.
- Data encryption implementation using Gemalto/Safenet for ProtectApp, MSsql, oracle EKM for database encryption.
- Deploy Linux virtual machines on ESXi server using vSphere clients.
- Prepare technical information for briefings in Change Control Boards (CCBs), customer meetings, project documentation, management presentations for risk level and impact.
Sr. Linux Engineer/ System Administrator
Confidential, Austin, TX
- Assist team in troubleshooting & resolution of server performance issues, software and network related issues
- Provided 24X7 and rotational shifts to support Server Infrastructure
- Involved in applying new patches and packages for Linux Servers and handled issues arising out of them.
- Configured Kernel Parameters for application/databases to meet organizational needs.
- Provide remote support for Linux servers and maintaining SLAs, Performance tuning and enhancing.
- Design and configurations of Oracle Linux HA environments.
- Installing and configuring EMC Powerpaths on Linux servers as per the request.
- Troubleshooting email alerts for EMC Powerpath issues with support of storage team.
- Managing all reboots & part replacement activities.
- Respond to emergency calls relating to server performance, diagnosis of problems, repairing problems or calling upon appropriate vendors to resolve the issue.
- Managed change requests on Dev / Production environment and familiar with Remedy Change management.
- Preparing monthly work status report & updating technology specific documents.
- Conduct detailed & comprehensive investigation of various LOBs builds.
- Performing upgrades for Dell/HP server Bios/Firmware. iDRAC Setup & configuring for Dell severs.
Sr. Linux Administrator/ Engineer
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- Provided both server and desktop support to client’s enterprise setup and manage & resolve problems.
- User assistance activities such as maintenance of the system by installing, upgrading the application packages.
- Security & PCI patch management as approved by change board.
- Provide support to Application & DBA Teams as per requirements or to resolve issue related to application from OS level.
- Implement changes and troubleshoot issue related to Backup as requested by backup team.
- Managing VMware for Linux VM’s as requested by owners.
- Create new file system or extend file system as request by storage team and clients.
- Add, remove, or modify external DNS in zone files as per the client request.
- Co-coordinating with hardware vendors like Dell, Data-blue and clients for the server downtime to replacement hardware or troubleshoot hardware issues.
- Schedule task automation jobs using cron for frequent server clean up and maintenance tasks.
- Creating & managing user and group policies using LDAP.
- Monitor & Troubleshoot OS performance, hardware, software and network related issues using Zenoss.
- Resolving Remedy ITSM Incident Management tickets on time.
Sr. Linux Engineer/ System Administrator
- Implement changes, perform security related tasks to identify and recommend improvements to existing processes and procedures.
- Provide support to Application Team as per application requirements. Handle calls for Server with application support teams and provide accurate information for quick restoration of service
- Responsibility includes day-to-day problem solving and user assistance activities such as maintenance of the system by installing, upgrading the application packages, monitoring & troubleshooting
- Image and deploy new Linux servers as per client requests and performed QA/Tests of new server builds & new VMs.
- User & Group Management and SUDO Access to Users.
- Install and update software packages using rpm and yum.
- Create or extend LVM/Veritas file systems for new storage requests. Collaborated with Storage team & manage SAN storage presented to Linux servers (LVM, multipath, device-mapper).
- Add new/destroy service groups in VCS. Freeze/unfreeze, online/offline, failover service groups
- Creation & Migration of VIPS, Service groups and Databases by coordinating with the respective team
- Manage network configuration of servers (NIC config, ethernet bonding, Internal DNS & virtual IPs using Men & MICE)
- Manage Server Hardware Issues by co-coordinating with Hardware Vendors like HP, SMS etc
- Monitor and delete overflowing snapshots from NetApp Management Console
- Increase volume size and qtree quota of NAS shares
- Co-ordinate with the Decommission of servers and removing storage
- Monitor & Troubleshoot OS performance, hardware, software and network related issues
- Ensure timely creation of necessary reports or documentation related to the job or update the knowledge bas
Senior System Administrator
- Installing and configuring Linux servers (Ubuntu, centos 5). Windows 2003 Server Administration, Managing ADS, Terminal services, Database (MsSql).
- Installing and configuring VMware server and workstation.
- Configuring network for live streaming.
- Troubleshooting networks at client locations.
- Implementation of surveillance system with AP traffic police
System/ Network Administrator
- Windows 2003 Server Administration, Managing ADS, DHCP, DNS, Managing Group Policies, Disk Administration, Terminal services.
- Managing Content Management System for streaming. Managing Backups and Restoration.
- Solved issues from both hardware and software on the servers/workstations
- Performed preliminary and critical design presentations for new system Implementations.
- Coordinating with vendors on a regular basis for better business relations and to keep update on new products.
- Monitored networks and resolved network problems, Managing Linux, Network File System.
- Installing and configuring VMware servers & workstations at client locations.