Network Engineer and Systems Support leveraging technology to fulfill company mission.
Confidential, Fairfax, VA
- Support of ARNG Contract: Design Team Network Engineer
- Support, Design, and Deployment of Nationwide Enterprise solution for 54 sites via Multiple Centralized Redundant Enterprise Gateways using VRF - lite, layer 3 Dynamic Multipoint Virtual Private Networks (VPNs) over OSPF and BGP high availability solutions. Implementation of IBGP across the Multiple Enterprise Gateways for Failover, Redundancy, and High Availability.
- Configured Cisco equipment (ASAs, ASRs, Catalyst switches) and Palo Alto’s as an inline IDS.
- Configured and deployed KG250 and KG255 encryption devices as part of the Enterprise Design Solution.
- System Hardening - Understanding of Defense Information System Agency (DISA) Strategic Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs). Evaluate current network compliance with DISA STIGs and develop plan to Implement fixes for findings on network equipment.
Network Engineer-WAN/LAN 10/2000 - 05/2016
Confidential, Oakton, VA
- Troubleshoot / Repair, and Upgrade Confidential & Confidential and SBC major internet lines up to OC-192 involving outages of major cities and state areas. Experienced with, predominately, Cisco, Nortel, 3 Com, Motorola, Redback, Brocade, Nexus and Juniper platforms-- supporting variety of technologies & protocols with IP, IPX, SNA, DECNET, over SMDS, ATM, ISDN, PPP, etc. running RIP, OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, MPLS, VOIP among the technologies supported over Routers, Switches, ATM, Ethernet, SONET & VPNs.
- Utilized written/verbal communication skills in conjunction with knowledge of design, implementation and operation of router and switch IP networks on Cisco, Redback, Nortel, 3-Com, Juniper platforms over BGP, Multi-homing, load balancing, and OSPF on ATM, Ethernet, SONET, VLANs, 802.11 over WAN Technologies from DS-1 up to OC-192.
- Executed analysis, design, implementation, monitoring, troubleshooting data network and security (FW, Crypto, VPN, IDS, IPS systems) strategies including performance tuning, establishing performance standards, policies and procedures in a multi-protocol, multi operating system environment to ensure 24x7x365 availability for customer's mission critical network services and network systems.
Sr Systems Engineer
Confidential, Irvine, CA
- Implementation of Beta Microsoft/Unisys Windows 2000 Terminal Server Deployment- Worldwide First
- Installation, Configuration, and Deployment of Windows 2000 Active Directory, Terminal Services for Thin Client, 2000 Dynamic DNS & DHCP, Internet Information Server 4.0, Exchange Server 5.5, Database Application Servers with extensive use of 2000 Remote Installation Services and Citrix Metaframe
- Configuration of TCP/IP, Citrix ICA, Microsoft RDP, and IPX/SPX protocols
- Configuration and Implementation of VPN using PPTP over RAS Security, Proxy Server, PIX Firewall, and Enterprise Domain Trusts
- Configuration of Cisco, HP, and Digital Routers and Switches within District WAN implementation including configuration of VLANs, Fiber Optics Upgrade and Reconfiguration of Backbone to Gigabit Switched solution
Confidential, Beverly Hills, CA
- Troubleshoot / repair, re-Design, Configure, and Implement Architecture and Solution for Corporate global WAN.
- Flash, install, and configure router and switch configuration for VLAN and WAN: Nortel Accelar 1200, Centillion 100, Cisco 7000for RIPv2 and EGRP.
- Centralize DHCP, DNS, WINs, and NetBIOS Browsing on VLSM Backbone. Conversion of Token Ring Subnets to 100BaseT.
Cisco Network Systems Administrator
Confidential, Costa Mesa, CA
- Design, install, configure and troubleshoot LAN networks throughout District, and integrate with NT 4.0 Domain and Database, and WAN services Confidential the County of Orange Department of Education.
- Configure and Integrate Local Area Networks with Cisco, HP, and Digital Routers.
- Configure Cisco Routers Confidential Regional Cisco Academy for integration with District WAN.