- Over fifteen years of Professional experience in Network Architecture, Planning, Designing, Engineering and systems Integration as a Systems Engineer and Network Support Engineer in a variety of business and test environments.
- Professional experience in BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, HSRP, RIP - V1/2 and IGRP Routing Protocols, Multicast Routing, PPP, FC, FCoE, Ethernet, Leased Lines (EVPL, T3, T1, Frame-Relay and ISDN Circuits,), Cisco ASR 1000, 7200, 6500, 4500, 3850, 3750, 3750X, 3550, 3560, 3560X, 2951, 2800, 2900, 2600, 2500 Series Routers, layer 2 & layer3 switches, MDS Multilayer Fabric switches and Nexus switch family 5500/2000, Cisco CSS and F5 Load balancers, their Configurations, Maintenance and Troubleshooting.
- Professional experience of designing and implementation of converged network infrastructure using Cisco Nexus switches, Fabric Extenders, QOS, FCoE, DCB and vPC (Virtual Port Channels).
- Experience in implementation of Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series Virtual Switching System (VSS), Multichassis EtherChannels (MEC), VTP and layer-2 security features.
- Professional experience of QOS Planning, Configuration and implementations for VoIP.
- Professional experience of Designing, Configuration and implementation of Wireless Networks using Cisco Wireless Controllers, APs, Cisco ISE, Cisco ACS, TACACS, 802.1x, WPA, MS Certificate authority server and related protocols and services.
- Professional experience in implementation of network security utilizing Cisco ASA/Pix, Firewall features of Cisco IOS and related Network security procedures Confidential Packet and Port level.
- Enhanced knowledge of MPLS, L3VPNs, GLBP, VRRP, IPv6 and IS-IS protocol implementations.
- Working experience of (SNMP based) remote monitoring of network devices using CiscoWorks LAN Management Solution (LMS).
- Professional experience in administration and support of Windows Operating System based networks in a Client/Server and domain environment.
- Experience in software quality control of Network Management System (NMS) for SONET and DWDM optical networks.
- Working experience of Unix Operating System (Sun Solaris) and its administration.
- Completed an extensive Graduate project on the analysis of source code of Linux Mobile IP developed Confidential SUNY.
- Primary role include network architecture, planning, designing, capacity planning, configuration, upgrade, support, troubleshoot, hardware and software maintenance and ongoing configuration management of wired and wireless Network infrastructure consisting of mainly Cisco 6500 (VSS), Nexus 5596UP, 5548UP, 2232PP, MDS 1900, ASR 1000, 7200, 4500, 3850, 3750, 3750X, 3560, 3560X, 3550,2800,2900, NAM, PIX, CSS, IPS, LMS, VMS, WLC, APs, ISE, ACS, WLSE, CSS and F5 Load balancers serving Data, Fibre Channel and VoIP based solutions for the office of school support services and division of school facilities.
- Principal architect for data center upgrade providing converged network infrastructure to support data and San traffic through Fiber Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) protocol while attaining high availability and maintaining San fabric isolation. New setup design is primarily based on Top of the rack and End of Row Architecture using Cisco Nexus switches and Fabric Extenders.
- Designed, configured and deployed high available secure wireless network architecture for Corporate and Guest Wi-Fi access that also meet business objectives and SLAs, involving site survey, Cisco wireless controllers, Cisco ISE, ACS, APs, WPA2, Web authentication, CA server and back-end services for secure 802.1x authentication and IEEE 802.11ac support.
- Lead network architecture and new services deployments for VoIP implementation including QoS Planning, configuration, Voice VLANS and mitigation strategies for IPT voice quality issues.
- Responsible for analyzing systems errors or anomalies, as well as specific network performance issues in order to ensure maximum uptime and service quality.
- Troubleshoot system/Network issues, in conjunction with MIS groups Confidential a per-packet level via packet trace and sniffer analysis including the troubleshooting of 3rd party data integration services in VMware ESX, Equallogic, Oracle and NetApp storage environment.
- Optimize existing network infrastructure for scalability, availability and fault-tolerance
- Configure and maintain a loop free layer-2 topology consisting of multiple Vlans using Vlan trunking Protocol, MultiChassis EtherChannel (MEC), Ether-Channels and Spanning Tree Protocol.
- Configure and maintain inter-vlan communications among Vlans on multiple switches connected through .1q trunks with the Layer-3 core switches.
- Manage the process within Network Operations to identify and remediate security vulnerabilities.
- Configure and troubleshoot DHCP snooping for secure DHCP environment and other layer-2 security features as per requirements.
- Configure, fine tune and troubleshoot layer-3 reachability issues using summarization, filtering using route maps, access lists, prefix lists and route redistribution in EIGRP based environment.
- Responsible to maintain and issue certificates using MS certificate authority services for secure communications across the network.
- Perform configuration and troubleshooting of SNMP services using Cisco LMS for event reporting and configuration of network devices.
- Responsible for design, installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of F5 load balancer, iRule scripting and debugging to satisfy application requirements.
- Configure and maintain Cisco CSS load balancer, Content rules and ensure architectural integrity for Testing and Staging environments.
- Responsible for the configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting of Websense software for monitoring and controlling internet traffic.
- Responsible for Firewall rules modifications and maintenance of Cisco firewalls.
- Configure and troubleshoot time synchronization issues among network devices in a NTP environment.
- Evaluate and recommend networking equipment/Software and strategies to support Confidential ’s current and future needs.
- Develop and maintain Network documentation and architecture diagrams.
Sr. Network Engineer
- Member of the team who designed and installed a secure Data network infrastructure for Confidential .
- Responsible for the configuration, troubleshooting and support of all aspects of Network infrastructure and operations including routers/switches (e.g. 6500, 2900 etc), firewalls, management systems, and monitoring systems in an IP based switched and routed network environment including BGP (Internal and external), OSPF, EIGRP and Vlans Trunking.
- Assist with developing a scalable network and provide design solutions and recommendations while working with a team of network, system, and application engineers. Work with service providers on WAN connectivity. Detect and define issues, design and deploy solutions.
Provisioning Technical Engineer
- Primary role includes collection and evaluation of customer data for the identification, and implementation of business solutions.
- Technical Member of Confidential & Confidential Managed Services provisioning team to provision network solutions for Confidential & Confidential Enterprise customers including Confidential & Confidential Managed Cisco routers/Catalyst switches in enterprise class IP based networks using variety of routing protocols including RIP, BGP, IGRP/EIGRP, MPLS and OSPF.
- Implement complex network solutions till acceptance for maintenance for Confidential & Confidential Enterprise customers.
- Responsible for 24 x 7 technical supports (remote/onsite) to Confidential & Confidential /IBM and Global Crossings for the Network Management Systems for the SONET and DWDM optical networks.
- Responsible for Design, deployment and configuration of pre production setup (using TCP/IP and OSI based applications) including multi LAN Setup, installation of Unix / NT Servers, workstations and associated patches, Router’s configurations, performance monitoring/optimization and backup strategies.
- Installed and configured HP Network Node Manager for remote monitoring using SNMP based traps.
- Experienced in creating disaster recovery documentation for network management systems.
- Captured and analyzed protocol data units using UNIX snoop tools and LAN analyzers for resolution of internetworking/interoperability issues.
- Prepared test plans and procedures and performed system level and integration testing of Element Management System towards product acceptance and its support.
- Actively assisted Product Management group by writing MOP for software upgrade, updating release notes, documenting problems issue, maintaining hardware inventory in the field and in the test bed environments.
Network Administrator (LAN/WAN)
- Responsible for Design, Installation, Configuration and Administration of all levels of network infrastructure including Cisco Routers/Catalyst Switches (1600,2500, 3600, etc), Routing protocols (EIGRP,IGRP,RIP etc.) and IPv4 network addressing and subnetting issues for LAN/WAN environment.
- Made site preparation for (each SEGMENT/LAN) the installation of interconnected Networks, Verified electrical requirements and installed complete Interconnected Networks from the scratch with best space utilization.
- Configured and maintained Cisco Routers and CSUs/DSUs to connect Goldman Sachs & Co, Optima and other participating vendors using Frame Relay, T1 and Leased Lines.
- Provided 7x24 support as a network administrator and resolved all the routing protocols related issues.
- Implemented VPN for secure access to remote users using PPTP.
- Configured Compaq Proliant 6000, 5000 and HP Net servers and installed Windows NT.4 on them.
- Created a domain environment and Installed NT.4 Servers (including PDC/BDC, Member Server and Workstations) in a large Compaq, Dell and HP environment (Proliant 2000, 2500, 4500, 5000, 6000 series Towers and Rackmounts servers).
- Implemented RAID Level 1&5 for protecting Server data and Formulated and worked on backup schemes for the mission critical servers and disaster recovery plans.
- Implemented WINS, DHCP, DNS, RAS and Print Services (using DLC and TCP/IP protocols).