- 12+ years experience on database software administration with Oracle 9i, 10g, 11g and 12C databases
- 4+ years of direct network hardware and software
- Database design enginer and system administration
- RAC, VERITAS, Unix, Linux, Solaris versions 7, 8, 9 and 10, SUN servers . Red hat version, 4,5,6. C - shell, Ksh and Bash shells, COP, C2PC, Windows 2000 Server Operating System with Active Directory, Windows XP, Windows NT 4.0 Server Operating System, 2000, 98 and NT 4.0, Delphix servers builds and configuration.
Senior Database Administrator
- This was contractor position for the previous job at Confidential with the following exception.
- Worked 6 months with co-workers from India and Poland sites and trained them my daily duties.
Senior operations database administrator
- Managed 160 database servers and oracle databases. Created the dev, test and stage environments for development purpose.
- Maintained, configured and troubleshot Delphix servers and environments
- Moved the data-center to alternate location with minimal downtime.
- Provided on-call support for after hours and weekend work.
- Worked with development to tune processes and qurires. Created multiple monitoring reports.
Database Administrator/Systems Integrator
- Configuration, installation and documentation for virtual servers. Including installation of PHP, Zend frame work, Postgres, Postgis, Ubiquity, iSpatial, VMware and Google earth software.
- Worked on demos, site deployments and user training and troubleshooting to users.
- Identified critical tasks within customers demands and adjusted tasks when appropriate. Consistently ensures that required equipment and materials are available to be worked on. Efficiently allocates own time to complete work; coordinates own and others' schedules to avoid conflicts. Consistently takes advantage of available resources to complete work efficiently. Uses time effectively and prevents irrelevant issues or distractions from interfering with work completion.
- Knowledge of software architecture and design methodologies. Ability to synthesize software architectures and designs that meet requirements, characteristics and constraints.
- Utilized in builds and deployments of database servers and bare metal builds.
- Configuration, documentation, implementation and integration of Oracle Virtual machines, Oracle 11g Cluster servers, Oracle RDBMS, Oracle RMAN backups, Oracle 11g RAC, RedHat Enterprise Linux 5 and 6, Oracle 11g GRID, Oracle RedHat linux.
- Works on Implementing environment design and configuration process
- Responsible for the maintenance, trouble shooting and stability of Oracle 10g RAC clustered nodes and 11g RAC operational database servers.
- Experienced building Red Hat 5.5/6.0, linux and ESX server installation and configuration.
- Knowledge of host environments, including processors, operating systems and networks. Ability to build, integrate and troubleshoot software components.
- Wrote numerous pl/sql, ksh and bash scripts for numerous system checks.
- Installed and configure Oracle RAC Clusterware on Solaris and Linux platforms for multiple nodes.
- Installed and configure Oracle enterprise management(OEM) Grid Control for Unix and Linux
- Configured GRID Agents on database servers to connect to the repository database
- Created and maintained the databases for NGA to provide timely, relevant and accurate Geospatial Intelligence in support of national security
- Transferred data sets between sites and external customers
- Provides Database engineering and systems administration support for analysis, design, development, implementation, and production
- Responsible for the maintenance and stability of several Oracle 9i and 10g databases and 10g VERITAS as the back-end to Dataguard and RMAN Backups systems running in a Solaris/Unix/Linux environments
- Assisting in the process of setting up comprehensive monitoring and performing tuning and optimizes database support for high availability 24x7 mission-critical environments as well as assisting in the implementation of the company’s ongoing disaster recovery plan build-out
- Developed and documented procedures, processes, and standards for security, change control, and data management
- Developed PL/SQL and UNIX scripts for reports for GTC DCID security compliance that are used against the database to find discrepancies and vulnerabilities within the database
- Implementation for Remedy in major data imports, exports, backups, transportable table spaces and global and local data migrations for the database
- Worked closely with Remedy development and architecture to implement up to date patches and fixes for database functionality
Oracle Database Administrator and System Analyst
- Administered and maintained Global Command and Control System (GCCS) and Joint Operations Planning and Execution System (JOPES)
- Built JOPES Oracle Database server, Solaris Web and Portal servers and JOPES Application Server
- Loaded and installed core segments for Database and JOPES core segments for Database, Application, Web, and Portal servers
- Optimized the functionality and performance of hardware and software of JOPES systems and ensures availability, integrity, efficiency, and reliability
- Identified complex system problems and developed corrective actions
- Tested, troubleshot, and corrected system and application problems involving the interface and interoperability of JOPES system components
- Participated with functional users, developers, and management in formulating and testing enhanced system specifications
Operations Oracle Database Administrator
- Provided global support and troubleshooting to database administrators at over seventy sites worldwide on the GCCS.
- Responsibilities included troubleshooting application code, network connectivity, user permission issues, and database recovery on Oracle versions 7 and 8i
- Automated several system maintenance tasks using Unix shell and SQL scripts, which accomplished backup of data to remote sites, monitoring of systems, adaptations to existing scripts for increased security, and recovery of damaged systems
- Developed PL/SQL package to automate index maintenance, which increased database uptime throughout the JOPES global community of database systems
Systems and Network AdministratorConfidential
- Provided desktop support to over 400 users and systems, resolving nearly 500 tickets
- Maintained network hardware for five local area networks with a 99% uptime
- Functioned as ISSO and domain administrator for the entire headquarters command as well as being web master and mail server administrator during military field exercises
- Installed, configured, and maintained Microsoft Windows NT client and server, Microsoft Windows 98, Microsoft Office 97, Microsoft office 2000, Adobe Acrobat Reader, and Norton Antivirus Corporate Edition, Adobe Photoshop, What’s up Gold, Net-logic, Ice-Breakers, Microsoft Outlook, Netscape, Internet explorer and other Government software
- Supervised, trained, and disseminated workloads to 5 soldiers while maintaining 4 local servers
Systems and Network Administrator
- Maintained tactical and local network for daily operations. Includes configuring local networks and virtual private networks using CISCO 5500’s, 1600’s 1400’s and 1200 routers, switches and hubs
- Maintained the switchboards and switch panels of local networks
- Setup and performed daily Video Teleconferencing communications (VTC) for tactical operations
- Basic computer and network repair, troubleshooting and maintenance for over 300 systems, included building twisted pair cable (RJ-45), coax cable (RG-45) and Fiber optical cable
- Designed and analyzed network architectures and deployed servers across multiple platforms using What’s up Gold, Net-Logic, and ISS real secure
- Designed and maintained Units web page, using FrontPage