Experience working in fast - space environments demanding strong organizational, technical, and interpersonal skills. Highly trust worthy, ethical, and multi-tasker; committed to superior customer service. Confident and poised in interactions with individuals at all levels.
Platforms: Oracle Solaris 10, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5/6, x86/x64 platforms, Windows 2008, 2012 Server, Win7
Hardware: Sun SPARC (Sunfire V240, V440, Sun SPARC Enterprise T2000, M3000, T4-3, T4-2), HP
Languages: Bash, Perl.
Unix/Linux Systems Admin
- Utilized kickstart and ignite for systems builds/recovery.
- Experience configuring and trouble-shooting IP, DNS, DHCP, SSH
- Experience in trouble shooting network connection problem and introducing server’s in a network (Solaris/Linux)
- Experience installing a Window NOS, Window XP and configuring file and print sharing
- Experience installing UNIX server in a multi-platform environment (Solaris/Linux)
- Experience creating user account in a Unix platform and performing user’s management
- Experience monitoring the Unix systems (user’s access monitoring, capturing and analyzing traffic )
- Design, install, administer, and optimize company servers
- Scheduling and managing jobs, patches and configuration file
- NFS/CIFS file system mounting and support for developers
- Experience upgrading server operating systems, tech refresh, patch management
- Maintain Linux systems serving as firewall, mail server, DHCP and DNS server
- Perform server updates, patching, upgrade and package installations using RPM
- Installation, configuration and maintenance of Red Hat Linux servers
- Monitoring System Performance of Virtual memory, Managing Swap Space, Disk utilization and CPU utilization
- Create, manage and troubleshoot LVM, ZFS
- Check alert logs, trace files and file System maintenance