Technical Professional with experience in technical support, remote troubleshooting, network administration, Storage, HP Server Automation, and VmWare.. Strengths include remote server administration and server setups that ensure efficient operations. Recognized for relationship development and documentation skills that contribute to consistent business practices.
Internet: HTTP. TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, NIS, LDAP, Apache
Operating Systems: UNIX, Red Hat Enterprise versions 5 and 6, Windows 2000, 2003, 2008, Solaris 9, Data OnTap
Software: Microsoft Office, HP Server Automation, Exceed On Demand, VmWare, Sharepoint, Dedupe, Vol create, Cifs Create, SnapMirror, Snap Vault, Samba rsync
Networks: Network Set - Up, Network Maintenance, LAN, WAN
HP Server Automation Specialist
- Design and installation of Confidential Satellite Servers.
- Maintain and update all HP processes.
Confidential, Madison, WI
- Linux patching and vulnerability testing for audit.
- Updating processes and procedures.
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- Implemented, installed, maintained, and upgraded Linux based HP Server Automation multi-master mesh from 9.03 to 9.06. System was used to install Operating Systems, upgrade, patch, and inventory over 5,000 servers company wide.
- Created installation procedure and check list for over 40 servers, providing patches, snapshots and upgrades that improved operating system efficiency. Project was completed within deadline with no service interruption.
- Developed methods to track and document all installment project phases, including equipment orders, IP address, security patches and automation software. Conducted troubleshooting to expedite installation processes and ensure continuous operations.
- Handled all aspects of Sharepoint webpage upgrade, including document transfer, link testing, and design changes to expedite access to information needed by users and teams.
- Managed all set up of satellite and universal servers for new Denmark facility, developing custom attributes for installations that resulted in increased efficiency and reduced costs.
- Site administrator, responsible for new installations.
- LDAP, PXE, NIS, Vmware, Exceed on Demand and, samba.
- Netapp administrator responsible for volume setup, dedupe, snapvault and snapmirrors. Installed and configured new Netapp Filer. Upgrade to latest version of DataOnTap on all filers.
- Assessed user information and removed/archived obsolete shares, performing filer setup and accessibility permission that resulted in successful data transfer and increased data storage space.
- Performed server backup administration for over one terabyte of data through use of commvault software application, ensuring compliance with disaster recovery procedures.
- Responsible for onsite desktop support of hardware and software for over 500 users.
- Performed installation and conducted troubleshooting to resolve user issues.
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- Responsible for providing desktop hardware/software support for over 500 users.
- Installed desktops, printers and handled maintenance to support TI990/960, Diablo disk packs, Pertec Tape Drives and Printronics Printers.