To obtain an IT Specialist, Systems Administrator or Database Administrator position with your organization
- A highly organized, take charge professional with over twenty - nine years of federal civilian and military experience managing and working on IT systems, hardware, software, and networks.
- Strong leadership, problem solving and decision making skills with the ability to train others as well as analyze, develop and implement effective action plans.
- An innovative leader and motivator who possesses solid convictions, morals, and business ethics.
- Exceptional written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
Senior IT Specialist
- Served as a Senior Information Technology Specialist for network and automated information technology activities covering system-wide installations and maintenance of Local Area Networks (LAN) supporting both Garrison and Expeditionary forensics laboratories. Responsibilities included providing technical guidance, applying Information Systems security principles, concepts, and standards in order to meet mission requirements, tier II customer support, advice and assistance to organization personnel supporting a full range of hardware and software applications including personal computers and network servers, providing end-user support, troubleshooting problems and implementing changes in assigned areas, using diagnostic tools during system failures to isolate the source of problems between, hardware components and software applications, and implementing corrective actions.
- Assisted the Chief Network Operations officer, Information Assurance/Cybersecurity Manager and collaborated with the Chief Information Officer on a range of IT project topics to include identifying and specifying current and emerging information systems operational requirements associated with migrations to new Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS/LMS), providing guidance on developing, planning and implementing the migration activities within set deadlines, forensic laboratory workflow analysis, and developing and interpreting policies, procedures and strategies governing the planning and secure delivery of such services. Also responsible for creating and managing endpoint security policies and being the subject matter expert on troubleshooting and resolving the effects of all security related tools applied to the network. Additional assigned tasks included preparing and delivering both scheduled and on-demand briefings, conducting security audits and reports, available hardware and software resources, successful implementation on new services, and any recommendations for resolution to leadership and staff.
- Supervised three personnel on the administration of eleven enterprise servers hosting critical LIMS/LMS applications to include software and OS installation, upgrading, reconfiguring, debugging, change documentation and validation, and failure restoration. Served as the senior technical liaison and subject matter expert (SME) for communications between software development teams and application target users during troubleshooting to ensure anomalies were resolved in a timely manner. Also responsible for system software modification design review, module uploading and function testing, maintaining software interfaces, hardware diagnostics, functional analysis, and identifying reporting requirements.
- Served as the senior SQL database administrator directly responsible for the oversight, high performance, security and welfare of all laboratory Microsoft SQL servers which hosted over twenty critical LIMS/LMS and mission support databases. Responsibilities included safe guarding and privacy of all sensitive data, system and log file analysis, database snapshot, backup and recovery planning and execution, security patching and maintenance, training, troubleshooting, testing, debugging, auditing, and encryption management.
- Served as the primary SCCM administrator and designed and administered an enterprise wide processes to remotely and automatically check for and distribute all required security updates using Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager to over 500 workstations and servers in order to maintain full security compliance with Department of Defense-cert Information Assurance and Vulnerability Messages with minimal work interruptions.
- Served as the primary Backup Administrator responsible for ensuring the integrity and security of all forensic laboratory case data, implemented a scalable archival storage solution that retained up to 24Tb of data on a by-rule basis in order to meet DoD, federal and state forensic data retention policies.
- Served as the primary System Administrator and implemented a secure Radio Frequency Identification system to track the location and movement of over three thousand tagged laboratory assets (including firearms, case files, and high-value forensic test equipment) and provide notification whenever an asset leaves a designated area or is not located during an inventory
- Served as a primary lead for CUSTSPT operations responsible for managing Help Desk tickets, diagnosing hardware/software problems down to component level, performing system analysis to determine the root cause of anomalies and choosing the most appropriate corrective action, testing all new software and operating system images, installing and configuring network printers and peripheral devices and being the POC for all service outage notifications
- Served as a Help Desk technician responsible for resolving Help Desk tickets, diagnosing hardware/software problems down to component level, performing system analysis to determine the root cause of anomalies and choosing the most appropriate corrective action, testing all new software and operating system images, installing and configuring network printers and peripheral devices
- Managed the Active Directory (AD) top level Organizational Unit by creating, assigning, and deleting AD users, computers, and security groups when necessary. Reset account passwords and disabled users IAW company policy or when directed. Reviewed all site group policies and provided feedback to senior administrators. Monitored the physical health and welfare of local domain controllers and reported problems to domain administrators for further action
- Created MS Exchange user email accounts and assigned mailbox permissions IAW company policy. Added and removed users from group mailboxes when directed. Troubleshot any MS Outlook problems on user PCs as well as assisted users on creating and managing personal storage files (PST) so email can be offloaded from the server whenever space quotas were exceeded.
- Performed tier I network configuration and troubleshooting by testing all LAN ports to ensure network connectivity. Fabricated custom CAT cables when required. Checked and reset all LAN switches and routers during initial troubleshooting or following any power outages. Ensured all network devices had proper TCP/IP and port configurations and made changes when necessary.
- Served as a research analyst and reported to the Director of Solutions Engineering.
- Responsible for reviewing Confidential and Radio Frequency systems BOM and inventory prices with supply chain management to ensure accuracy.
- Compiled and updated all prices into MS Excel spreadsheets, MS Power Point presentations, MS Visio diagrams, and cost reports.
- Performed trend analysis to identify rising cost sources.
- Provided technical consultation with sales reps on determining customer requirements and product recommendation.
- Supported sales team by providing easy to reference module price listings used to calculate profit margins when generating sales contracts.
- Served as a Confidential Network Controller/Ground Station Equipment Technician.
- Responsible for the operation, health and welfare of multi-million dollar SHF/UHF ground stations (fixed and mobile), ancillary equipment, and critical communications links.
- Led and managed up to 25 soldiers and civilians to ensure that all military objectives were met and missions were completed successfully.
- Expert knowledge gained from over fifteen years of hands on experience with Microsoft operating systems (Win 8, Win 10, Win Server 2012) and Microsoft applications (SQL, IIS, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Project and Visio).
- Extensive knowledge gained from over eight years of experience as an IT Server and LIMS/LMS Application Administrator responsible for tasks ranging from server administration and maintenance, malware prevention, detection and removal using McAfee HBSS protocols for OS, file and registry scanning, timely security patching, and DoD Secure Technical Implementation Guide (STIG) implementation, Endpoint baseline security policy creation and validation, Active Directory administration, Software Vendor assistance and Tier II Customer Support to sustain the readiness of all enterprise-wide servers, workstations and peripheral equipment
- Extensive knowledge gained from over eight years of experience as a SQL Database Administrator responsible for the operation, health, welfare, and complex policy implementation of over twenty enterprise and local databases that utilize Microsoft solutions (SQL 2012 Enterprise and Access 2013) in conjunction with numerous 3rd party LIMS/LMS (STARLIMS, Justice Trax, OSIRIS, GeneMapper, STARMix, STACS, DNAXpress, SCOUT, CODIS, Asset Control System, Armed Expert) front end web software user interfaces.
- Very strong knowledge gained from over eight years of hands on experience in IT communications hardware architecture, configuration and maintenance including wireless and wired networks, VoIP, Video Tele-conferencing, SAN, NAS, Tape Libraries, Switches, Routers Servers, PC’s, Scanners and Printers.
- Four plus years of experience as a Backup Administrator responsible for the backup, archiving, and off-site storage of all critical enterprise data and key servers utilizing Symantec, Microsoft, and EMC enterprise archiving solutions
- Four plus years as a Systems Configuration Administrator responsible for the required configuration management and remote installation deployments of Microsoft and third party applications and security updates to more than 300 workstations and 50 servers utilizing Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager