It Manager Security Cloud Consultant Resume
- Throughout my professional career, I have excelled in all areas of Information Technology from political, private, federal, local government and municipal experience working with FEMA disaster recovery for small businesses.
- I’ve had the pleasure to server on executive steering committees which have organized, planned and budgeted agency wide initiatives set forth by the Secretary of the Treasury and Commerce.
- My experience with emerging technologies of Software as a Service (SaaS), cloud security and migration of networks to Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) has earn me admiration of executives.
- Working from the ground up in the areas of computer programming, program and project management, network and security engineering, cloud architectures has given me vast knowledge in my chosen field with the ability to lead others effectively through knowledge with experience.
- Delivered a cloud base SaaS Mobile Device Management (MDM) solution for the “Bring your own device” (BYOD) initiative which saved over $2.4 million in budgeted cost.
- Successfully implemented cloud security for Big Data encryption from datacenters to financial banking institutions and the Department of Treasury, which saved a budget cost of over $300,000 for the fiscal year.
- Received an accommodation for saving $400,000 dollars in cabling cost and $1.5 million in new equipment purchases with strong Business Intelligence (BI), Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and research capabilities which convinced the CIO and the other stakeholders the benefits of upgrading to CAT 5e from CAT 3.
- Created the Confidential first Security Operation Center (SOC) where I assisted in the development of establishing roles, policies and procedures along with hiring for the positions.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
- Program & Project Management
- Budget & Cost Control Delivery
- Staff Development, Mentoring & Hiring
- Leadership & Management Training
- On - site & Off-Shore Managed Services Delivery
- Governance Risk & Compliance with Auditing
- Technology Architecture & Integration
- Contract Negotiation & Development
- Direct and Indirect Employee management
- Strategic Analysis & Internal Consulting
Core Competencies: Cloud Security for AWS, Network Infrastructure Cloud Migration to IaaS & PaaS, VMware and Hyper-V Virtualization, Security Analysis, Threat Intelligence gathering, Incident Response Management, Governance Risk and Compliance ( Confidential ), Audit Remediation and Observation, Application Security Program Lead, Enterprise IT Architecture, Business Intelligence, Computer System Analysis, Cloud Storage and Big Data, Wireless Network Security, Windows Desktop Support and Server Administration with Disaster Recovery and COOP Planning.
Platforms: UNIX (Solaris), Centos (Linux) 4, 5, 6.5, Microsoft Windows® operating desktop systems from 95/98/NT/XP/vista/Win 7/Win 8.0-8.1/Win 10, Server 2000, 2003, 2008 R2 with Hyper-V, 2012, 2016 Standard and Enterprise. VMWare player, workstation and vSphere 3.1, 4.1, 5.0 and 5.5. Citrix XenDesktop 3.0 to 7.5.
Networking: TCP/IP, Ethernet, Token Ring, VPN, SSH, PKI, DNS, VLAN, WAN, Wi-Fi, RAS, WINS, DHCP, IPv4, IPv6, NEC, BICSI and TIA/EIA.
Languages: Intro UNIX, Linux, C++, COBOL, JAVA, SQL, DOS, HTML.
Tools: IBM QRadar, LogRhythm, Solarwinds, Blue Coat, Netforensics with Cisco, Sourcefire with Cisco, IBM BigFix, Foundstone, Nexpose, Nessus and Comodo vulnerability scanners, ServiceNow, Cherwell, and Confidential Service Desk ITIL ticketing, Confidential Spectrum, Confidential Configuration Automation, Confidential IT Asset Management, Confidential eHealth, Confidential Service, Tipping Point, Check Point, Fortinet Firewalls, ASA Firewalls, Symantec End Point Manager, McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator 3.6.0 Virus Protection Utility, Symantec VIP, Mx Logic, Gmail/Google for business, Websense and IronPort Web Filtering & Email Security Appliance, Exchange 5.5, 2000, 2003, 2007 and 2010. Active Directory, WhatsUp Professional 2006, DameWare, Track-It, Norton Firewall, Ghost Image creator, Norton Virus Protection Utilities, MX Logic Utilities, Black Berry Enterprise Server 4.0 & 4.1, HiJackThis Virus Scanner, QMF(Query Management Facility) for windows, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Microsoft Office 2013 including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint®, Access, Outlook® and Project 2013), Visual Basic, Dell OpenManager, Dell Open Management Essentials, VMWare VCenter, Amazon Web Services, CloudFront, HP Fortify risk assessment scanning, Encase Forensic 7/8, Entrust Authority Security Manager, Identity Guard Theft Protection and Credit Monitoring, CarbonBlack endpoint security, Aruba wireless internet security and Cisco Aironet 3800 series wireless internet security.
IT Manager Security Cloud Consultant, Chicago, IL
- Designed and developed Confidential (UA) IT Security (Security Change Control Board) Confidential to take over from the current (Security Advisory Team) SAT that they’re currently using which will be dissolved once Service Now has been implemented.
- Delivered a comprehensive phased approach for building a Security Transit (Virtual Private Cloud) VPC on AWS, which was given to the CISO as a road map to deliver functionality, products and a budget to UA needed to secure and protect against cyber-attacks.
- Oversaw and reviewed all network architecture designs for building up the cloud from both the Network Infrastructure and Security architects pinpointing strategic fixes to the designs for security while reviewing the JSON coding for the correct security statements.
- Coordinated with upper management on key security improvements dealing with the “Security Awareness Program” for onboarding of employees or contactors, along with complete overhaul of their manual Confidential process which involved using spreadsheets and SharePoint for document capture and tracking of findings.
- Consulted with all departments of UA which required understanding of security in the cloud across multiple cloud providers’ platforms such as AWS, Azure, and Google etc. concerning DevOps, Production and DR for “IaaS”, “PaaS” and “SaaS”.
IT Manager Consultant, New York, NY
- Designed network architect for the intranet linking New York, NY, Boca Raton, FL, and Tempe, AZ, to AWS/Cloud.
- Developed hierarchy of IT Staff members for each location and the criteria for each Job Duty or JD.
- Developed and proposed internal security plan base on NIST Publication 800-53 Rev 4, and proposed internal controls using NIST 800-171.
- Developed and proposed internal disaster recovery plan tied into daily and weekly onsite and cloud backup of network servers and individual instant disaster recovery of mobile devices and laptops.
- Developed three year information system staffing forecast comprised of all staff positions, wages, allotted bonuses, with schedules and shifts, hiring packages for acquiring onsite with remote possibility.
- Developed three year infrastructure forecast analysis base on infrastructure growth, along with all network, security, cloud SaaS and IaaS detailed equipment for order with purchase prices and service agreements.
- Developed and documented all cloud SaaS for PCI Compliance policy.
- Developed and implemented wireless access point policy and equipment.
Director of Information Security, Miami, Florida
- Supported and instructed the correct procedures and guidance of how to operate “Change Management” for the Bank.
- Supported and assumed the role as Security Architect Lead for the Business Online Banking and Personal Online
- Banking including mobile cloud app development and cloud security.
- Managed resources and budgetary cost with threat intelligence and incident response for Database Access Management (DAM) and File Access Management ( Confidential ) in accordance with the Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council ( Confidential ) and Office of the Comptroller of the Currency ( Confidential ).
- Managed and delivered all findings related to “application security” and “Website security” through policies and procedures to administer risk assessments of vendor’s SaaS products with HP Fortify.
- Managed and oversaw the negotiations for the Management Support System (MSS) tier 1 & 2 evaluations for potentially hiring of Information Security Support.
- Managed and oversaw the negotiations for the Penetration Testing administered by Rapid 7 in the areas of wireless security, social engineering and Network Penetration External and Internal.
Confidential, Miami, Florida
Director of Information Security and Senior Project Manager
- Managed and trained a team of 5 onsite and 30 offshore employees for 24/7 coverage of services, in the areas of security Tier 2 monitoring, cloud security, vulnerability scanning, threat intelligence, wireless network security, manual security patching for software systems, application security and antivirus remediation.
- Created strategic transition modules to ensure accurate knowledge gathering and transferring for managed services of enterprise network security, AWS Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and AWS cloud storage network.
- Delivered Enterprise IT Architecture knowledge to implement IBM’s QRadar SaaS on premise.
- Managed the hiring and recruiting of resources needed for the engagement from France, India, Ohio, Kentucky and South Florida.
- Advised, supported and recommended the development of an Information Security Plan using NIST 800-53 Rev 4, to solidify standards for securing the network infrastructure.
- Managed and enacted security risk policies and procedures to mitigate loses of potential data being hacked or stolen and given out to the public.
- Managed and created a charter for the Vulnerability Assessment Team weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting of all non-compliant devices on the network, DMZ and cloud business devices using PCI.
- Managed, created and developed Confidential ’s 24/7 security operations helpdesk Tier 2, which was comprised of security monitoring, audit tracking, antivirus remediation, vulnerability scanning and firewall intrusion prevention system, Cherwell ITIL ticketing system for the reporting and creation of new employees Gmail account.
- Provided Security System Architecture to enhance and control the multiprotocol label switching (MPLS) encryption of data that was sent through the DMZ to Amazon CloudFront and Simple Storage Service (S3).
- Delivered the IBM’s BigFix Endpoint Manager Solution to over 5,000 server endpoints an additional 10,000 endpoints of Laptops, PC’s and Tablets supporting the overall governance risk and compliance implementations needed to validate and adhere to all the systems which will be involved with BigFix on premise or on AWS cloud platform.
Office of the Chief Technical Officer, Washington, DC
- Assisted in managing 160 employees comprised of Network Engineers, Network Architects, System Administrators, Security Analyst/Engineers, Database Engineers Project Managers and Lead Technical Analyst in the areas of ITIL Process Consulting, Implementation and Risk Governance.
- Advised executive’s and senior management in executive steering committees geared towards the balancing of the budget for all areas of the agency for development of computer analytics for server management, Data Center Operations, security policies and procedures, Disaster Recovery, Business Continuity Plans (BCP), Cloud Migration development, network management, storage (SAS/NAS) and amazon cloud Simple Storage Service (S3).
- Provided Direct Tech Support, Software Development and Production Support of weekly Change Management Meetings geared to improve the overall Service Level Management, Capacity Management and Service Asset and Configuration Management between Tier 1, 2, and 3.
- Improved service level and cost efficiency through the use of Confidential Inc. or Confidential Inc. tools for ITSM Platform Support & Integration, while using the advance Event Management and Monitoring to outline risk to the network agency wide.
- Effectively implemented risk and cost saving measures to neutralize network security gaps within our intranet and demilitarized zone (DMZ), which prevented the leak of government secure information to the public.
- Mitigated agency-wide relationships with existing clients and partnered with inter-agency executives to ensure resources were not being wasted by adopting automation and service integration from Confidential to increase production and the overall cost saving measures for the projects, which effectively maximized the budget within our agency’s current technical infrastructure.
- Provided leadership to technical leads comprised of tiger teams in order to combat critical risk governance and compliance of audit findings from internal auditors and KPMG.
- Provided enterprise IT infrastructure knowledge to local offices through VMware Virtualization of internal systems while supporting the development of their cloud intranet using Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Cloud infrastructure storage services to host websites and backup data.
- Led the agency-wide Citrix upgrade and XenDesktop 7.5 deployment contract with on premise VMware solutions and cloud storage solutions in support of the Telework Enhancement Act of 2010 signed by President Barack Obama.
- Developed policy and procedures for the signing of Request for Comments (RFCs) for new or preexisting server projects through the Control Change Board (CCB) and Enterprise Change Control Board ( Confidential ).
Office of the Chief Information Officer, Washington, DC
- Managed 4 direct Leads in Security Operations, Vulnerability Assessments, Security Architecture, and Incident Response out of 43 contractors spread across all areas of security nationwide.
- Directed the certification and accreditation activities, audit support with KPMG, network and systems security architectural reviews and development of the Security Operation Center (SOC) policies and procedures
- Established encase policies and procedures for reporting and capturing users information through chain of custody for reporting to internal security for legal actions.
- Provided critical senior level security approval and guidance of all Certifications and Accreditation, Plan of Action and Milestones (POAM’s) in order to help certify the Agency’s Information Technology Systems dealing with NIST, FISMA and Trusted Internet Connections (TIC).
- Acted on behalf of the CISO for all voting matters with the Executive Change Control Board ( Confidential ).
- Directed and managed Vulnerability Assessment and Testing (VAT) team, comprised of contractors and government staff, dedicated to the removal, repair and patching of security vulnerabilities on the network via Nessus, McAfee Foundstone along with automated patching from IBM’s BigFix solution.
- Established policy and procedures in support of the Network Operations Center (NOC) monitoring servicing of all Network systems, hardware and software applications.
Confidential, New Carrollton, MD
IT Specialist/Program Manager/Computer Programmer
- Led status meetings for executive steering committees, senior management network architecture development towards the Secretary of Treasury initiatives.
- Developed and launched a database for funds owed to the Tax Exempt and Government Entities (TEGE) technical section.
- Provided technical support and implemented new domain and server connections on the Sun Solaris E10K and E15K Enterprising network servers.
- Conceived and reengineered COBOL programs to manage US citizen’s tax returns within the Confidential environment during production and testing phases throughout the fiscal year.
- Led status meetings with senior management and contract staff on important network issues during the testing season with the Final Integration and Testing Organization (FIT).
- Successfully designed, tested, and analyzed operations and programming requirements for hardware and software packages used to support Confidential regulations and laws dealing with contractors’ practices and tax payers' information.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes