I am a results focused security professional with a pedigree in systems engineering. My extensive experience, industry knowledge, and personality, make me a valuable asset when navigating today’s complex security landscape.
PCI Compliance, SOX, Defense in depth. Web content filtering, DLP, Windows Servers 2003 - 2012, Red Hat Servers 5-6, Confluence, Keylight, AWS, Azure, VMWare, Packet sniffing and analysis, firewalls, Active Directory, Group Policy, antivirus, data forensics
Information Security Architect
- Vetted out any purchased product/service for security concerns and designed architectures to compensate for any shortcoming.
- Provided secure architecture designs to development.
- Wrote policies, standards, and guidelines on various topics.
- Sat on the Cloud Steering Committee to hear new use cases and make sure security best practices were designed into new applications.
- Assisted in design and enhancements of automating our security exception workflows.
- Provided guidance and design recommendations when transitioning from PCI 2 to PCI 3.1.
- Conducted annual firewall reviews as required for PCI compliance.
- Worked with process owners and executives during the merger with Global Payments to ensure continuous security posture.
Information Security Analyst
- Transitioned from Vontu DLP to Websense DLP
- Monitored systems and endpoints in secure networks for storage and transmission of sensitive data.
- Administration of DLP systems.
Senior Systems Administrator
- Windows/Red Hat Administration (Windows Server 2003 - 2012, RHEL 5-6)
- Radware AppDirector Administration for web farm load balancing.
- Supported 100+ developers throughout the development lifecycle.
- Built and maintained a multi-node OpsView monitoring solution that successfully monitored our infrastructure nationwide.
- Traveled extensively to support remote offices and meet with executives to devise long term corporate strategies.
- Met with process owners to devise and build solutions that made sense for them and made financial sense for the business.
- Became lead engineer for AWS integration leveraging EC2, SNS, SQS, Dynamo, and SES.
- Worked closely with the security team to identify vulnerabilities and ensure systems were operating in compliance with PCI, SOX, and other regulatory standards.
- Vetted vendors for various solutions including virtualization, storage, compute, monitoring and cloud.
- Conducted training with NOC and junior engineers on various systems, best practices, and security standards.
- Worked on systems integration for acquired companies to bring them into the fold while encouraging them to maintain the standards and individuality that brought them to us.
- Support desktop PC and Mac users worldwide.
- Saved the company tens of thousands of dollars a year by implementing a free open source Linux based imaging solution that completely replaced Ghost.
- Created a master image for each developer tuned to their exact specification. Decreased redeployment time from 8 hours to 1 hour.
- Train end-users to use hardware and software.
- Advised users of best practices and security standards
- Suggest creative and effective solutions to nagging problems.
- Helped end users deliver to customers using technology and people management skills to find solutions that were not immediately apparent.
- Server provisioning and testing.
- Maintaining documentation, licenses, knowledgebase articles, and training materials.
- Support services such as IIS, AD, Exchange, MS SQL and the full Windows 2003 - 08 Suite.
- Responsible for day-to-day support for managed MS servers and web hosting plans.
- Provided support to clients in 60 countries via phone, email, and ticketing system.
- Support covered over 3000 dedicated server clients in a Tier IV Data Center.
- Assist in design, testing and implementation of new technologies such as VM’s and the Cloud.
- Lead Admin for Parallels Virtuozzo Containers based cluster.
- Worked extensively with Microsoft Hyper V team and technologies assisting with the management of a 14 node HA Cluster.