- Around 9 years of Experience in IT industry with a profile of DevOps Engineer, Build & release Management, Source Code & Configuration management, and System Administration, working on various platforms including Red Hat Enterprise, CentOS, Ubuntu in Linux and on Windows and MacOS platforms.
- Adept in Setup and building AWS infrastructure using various resources like VPC, EC2, S3, IAM, EBS, Security Group, Auto Scaling and RDS in Cloud Formation JSON templates.
- Creating Cloud Watch alerts for instances and using them in Auto Scaling launch configurations.
- Backing up the instances by taking snapshots of the required servers regularly.
- Setting up and administering DNS system in AWS using Route53.
- Hands on experience with Chef and AWS cloud environment.
- Managed Linux and Windows virtual servers on EC2 using Chef Server and Familiar with Cloud watch, Elastic IP's and managing security groups for EC2 Servers. Hands on experience with the AWS CLI and SDKs/ API tools.
- AWS Cloud Formation template to quickly launch an Amazon EC2 instance running Amazon Linux or Windows Server
- Automated highly scalable, consistent, repeatable infrastructure using high degree of automation using Chef, Jenkins, and AWS cloud Formation.
- Developed Chef Cookbooks and Recipes to manage systems configuration.
- Working knowledge of Ansible as Configuration management tool, to automate repetitive tasks, quickly deploys critical applications.
- Designed, Installed and Implemented Ansible configuration management system.
- Experience in creating inventory, job templates and scheduling jobs using Ansible.
- Dexterity in Branching, Merging, Tagging and maintaining the version across the environments using SCM tools like Subversion (SVN), GIT (GitHub, GitLab).
- Expertise in ContinuousIntegration Tools like Jenkins, Bamboo andempowering teams to implement ContinuousDelivery .
- Proven expertise in using ANT and MAVEN as build tools for the building of deployable artifacts from source code.
- Proficient in Building, Release automation framework designing, ContinuousIntegration and ContinuousDelivery, Releaseplanning, procedures, scripting automation. Expert in documenting and implementing procedures related to build deployment and release.
- Worked on Artifactory and Sonatype Nexus to manage the build artifacts .
- Worked on Code Quality Control tools like Sonar, HP Fortify and testing tools like Selenium, Cucumber and dealt with testing frameworks like JUNIT , Cobertura, Jacoco.
- Expert level know - how about multiple Scripting languages like Bash, Python, Ruby.
- Worked with the Development and Quality Assurance teams to provide flexibility in the various lower environments to support multiple simultaneous projects.
- Good understanding of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) in Agile and Waterfall methodologies.
- Experience in BugTracking, Project Management tools like JIRA, ClearQuest and HP Quality Center.
- Worked on Docker hub, writing Docker files, Building Docker images and handling multiple images primarily for middleware installations and domain configurations.
- Experience with application servers like Apache tomcat, WebLogic, WebSphere etc.
- Hands-on experience in database management systems like MySQL, MongoDB, Cassandra.
SCM Tools: Git, SVN, Perforce.
Bug tracking Tools: Atlassian JIRA, REMEDY.
Continuous Integration: Jenkins, Teamcity.
Cloud Providers: AWS, Azure.
Scripting: Shell, Python, Ruby
Build Tools: Ant, Maven, Gradle
Databases: MS SQL, Oracle, MongoDB
Servers: Web (Tomcat Apache), Weblogic, Websphere, Jboss
Programming Languages: Python, Java.
Configuration Management Tools: Chef, Puppet, Ansible
Operating systems: Linux, Unix, Windows, Mac OS.
Sr. DevOps Engineer
Confidential, New Orleans, LA
- Expert in Iaas, SaaS, in AWS (VPC, IAM, SES, SNS, EC2), Autoscaling, Cloudformation, CloudTrail, DynamoDB, S3, API Gateway, Lambda, etc.
- Analyze AWS based product for defects, and enhance automated testing to prevent regression.
- Optimized database AWS schemas and provided consultation to various service teams for query performance improvements.
- Automated AWS deployment using Cloud FormationTemplates and chef.
- Played an active role in Chef configuration management, and application deployment and Automated Cloud Provisioning.
- Managed AWS EC2 instances utilizing Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balancing and Glacier for our QA and UAT environments.
- Managed On-site Applications/Services/ Packages using Chef Cookbooks.
- Worked on Chef in Production environment and using Git, Maven to create artifacts from source code and deploy them in Nexus repository for internal deployments.
- Configured GIT with Jenkins and schedule jobs using Poll SCM/Webhooks.
- Working with development team to migrate Ant scripts to Maven.
- Created builds using Shell Scripts, ANT/Maven scripts for both manual and automated builds.
- Setting up the build and deployment automation for Java based project by using Jenkins, Git and Maven.
- Hands-on experience in deploying Jenkins servers into production and non-production environments. Involved in environment setting, Configuration and troubleshooting, preparation on disaster recovery plans, for Jenkins.
- CapitalizedLogStash, Splunk for Monitoring.
- Hands on in Scripting Tools - Ruby as Chef DSL and Shell Scripting and on monitoring tools - NAGIOS, Splunk.
- Configured and integrated the servers for different environments to automatically provision and configuration management of Linux instances using CM/ Provisioning tool Chef.
- Troubleshooting deployment and installation issues and expertise in Nexus.
- Monitoring the servers and Linux scripts regularly and performed troubleshooting tested and installed the latest software on server for end-users.
- Generation and Maintenance of the Project SCM plan as per CMMI standard level and use of containers like Docker.
- Worked on container orchestration tool Kubernetes to manage clusters and pods in testing environment.
- Ensure servers and environments are available for developments and testing validation is meeting the expectation.
- Assist Clients to understand issues and help/coordinate with multiple teams to resolve issues and make the environment stable.
- On-call Production Support (24x7) on weekly rotation within the team.
Environment: &Tools: GIT, Ant, Maven, Tomcat, Jenkins, WebSphere, Weblogic, IBM Urbancode, AWS, Chef, Docker, Kubernetes, Java, SVN, Stash, VMware, VirtualBox, Linux, JBOSS, Shell, Nexus, Nagios.
- Designed and implemented scalable, secure cloud architecture based on Amazon Web Services.
- Set up the scripts for creation of new snapshots and deletion of old snapshots in S3.
- Worked with Amazon IAM console to create custom users and groups.
- Worked with various AWS EC2 and S3 CLI, EBS, CloudWatch tools.
- Extensively worked with distributed version control system GIT .
- Responsible for building/deploying consistently repeatable build/deployments to company production and non-production environments using Bamboo .
- Worked with the development team to generate deployment profiles ( jar , war , ear ) using AntScripts and Bamboo .
- Worked on Gerrit Plugins and involved in setting up the environment for versioning using Git and created automation of build and package using Jenkins and Maven.
- Created the automated build and deployment process for application, re-engineering setup for better user experience, and leading up to building a continuous integration system for all our products.
- Deployed J2EE applications to Application servers in an Agile continuous integration environment and automated the whole process and migrated from Maven to Gradle build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Used Maven dependency management system to deploy snapshot and release artefacts to Artifactory to share artefacts across projects.
- Implemented CI / CD Automation Process using various CI Tool Bamboo CD Tool Docker .
- Worked on Open Source Databases like PostgreSQL.
- Worked on Artifactory to upload/download the build artifacts .
- Responsible for Administering Artifactory server which includes install, upgrade, maintenance of repositories, performance tuning, troubleshooting issues and maintenance.
- Implemented Chef to deploy the builds for Dev , QA and Production .
- Automation of infrastructure by creating scripts of Chef .
- Developed ChefCookbooks to install and configure Apache Tomcat , Jenkins , and Rundeck and deployment automation.
- Created release pipelines using GIT , Chef for automatic workflow.
- Project also involves in migrating an On-Premises infrastructure set up to Openstack that involves, creation of automation scripts and integrating with continuousintegration channel using Rundeck.
- Excellent knowledge in Website Hosting and maintaining the dedicated server in Openstack .
- Application Deployments & Environment configuration using Chef, Ansible.
- Hands-on experience on Ansible as Configuration management tool, to automate repetitive tasks, quickly deploys critical applications.
- Designed, Installed and Implemented Ansible configuration management system.
- Experience in creating inventory, job templates and scheduling jobs using Ansible.
- Experienced in Administrating, troubleshooting, configuring and deploying enterprise applications in WebSphere , WebLogic and Apache - Tomcat .
- Creating, managing and performing container based deployments using Docker images containing Middleware and Applications together.
- Conducted POCs with Docker based applications server configurations in AmazonWebServicesCloud .
- Worked with the Docker to package an application with all its dependencies into a standardized unit for Software Development.
- Responsible of installing , updating , diagnosing and troubleshooting the issue tracking and project management application, learning agile methodology by JIRA.
- Created and configured new JIRA projects and worked with departments to maintain existing JIRAprojects.
- Configured Workflows created new Jobs and modified existing projects to automate.
- Established processes and tools to maintain code base integrity, including check-in validation rules and branch/merge processes.
Environment: &Tools: GIT, Gerrit, GitHub, Bamboo, Maven, Gradle, Artifactory, Rundeck,Chef, Ansible, Openstack, Docker Atlas, JIRA, Stash, Subversion, Python, ClearCase, Shell, Linux, ANT, HP Codar, JUnit, Hudson, WebSphere Application, Tomcat, Oracle, MS SQL Server, Java, J2EE.
Build and Release Engineer
Confidential, Raleigh, NC
- Creation of Release Plan, Definition, collection, analysis & presentation of Release Project Metrics on weekly basis.
- Working with Infra development team as DevOps Engineer for Server level automation and infra development.
- Expertise in Working with Jenkins using numerous Plugins and Automated Build processes.
- Experience of working with the release and deployment of large-scale Java / J2EE Web applications using SVN repository.
- Maintained build related scripts developed in ANT, Python and shell. Modified build configuration files.
- Developed and maintained UNIX , Perl , ANT scripts for Java / J2EE build and release tasks.
- Built a strong PERL script, which would call the required ANT scripts and notify the build distribution team in case of Build errors or Completion of the builds.
- Experienced in performing releases with the Maven release plugin .
- Created and maintained the Shell / Perl deployment scripts ( Java / J2EE projects) for WebLogic and UNIX servers.
- Experience in using Jenkins for Continuous Integration and strong in handling multiple Applications using Jenkins.
- Used maven profiles to create different builds so that it can be released early and released often agile/extreme programming.
- Coordinate release activities with ProjectManagement , QA , Release Management and WebDevelopment teams to ensure a smooth and trouble-free roll out of releases.
- Working on the source code to generate builds and create procedures for the deployment on the servers for the release.
- Setting up the automation environment for Application team if necessary, and help them through the process of build and release automation.
- Documented project's software release management procedures with input decisions.
- Identifying Cross Functional Dependencies, Monitoring & tracking the release milestones.
- Performing RiskAnalysis, preparing Mitigation Strategies &Contingency Plans.
- Coordinating Release effort amongst various teams (Development, QA, Testing, and Business Analysis) in geographically separated environment.
- Developed, maintained, and distributed release media and release notes for each scheduled release.
- Presenting Project’s weekly status to Senior Management during Weekly Status Meetings.
- Key Member of CCB (ChangeControlBoard) in case of change in defined scope of the release (Change in requirements).
- Involved in developing server-side code using ASP.Net, VB.NET and C#.
Environment: &Tools: ANT/MAVEN, Perforce, Python 2.6, Linux, Oracle, MS SQL Server, WebLogic, Stash, WebSphere, Remedy, Tomcat, Subversion, shell Solaris, Perl Scripting, Shell Scripting, Jenkins.
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
- Involved in user interactions, requirement analysis and design for the interfaces.
- Prepared the design document for Document Management Module and User Management Module.
- Created class diagrams and sequence diagrams using MSVisio.
- Followed waterfall methodology for application development.
- Updating the SVN log properties for revisions. Setting up the SVNsync servers, changed rev properties for SVNsync.
- Promoting the changes from trunk revisions to release branch.
- Performed merging from development to parent branches prior to building the code.
- Setup the build and deployment scripts using Anthillpro for J2EE and Java applications using WebLogicApplicationServer.
- Installed and configured Subversion server on Linux via the ApacheWebServer to provide access over the Http protocol.
- Extensively used Ant , Maven , Perl and Bash Scripts for automating build and release tasks.
- Implemented Shell and Perl scripts for release and build automation. Manipulated and automated scripts to suit requirement.
- Proficient in deploying and support applications on WebSphere , Tomcat , WebLogic application servers
- Used Shell/Perl scripts to automate the deployment process.
- Proposed and implemented branching strategy suitable for agile development in Subversion.
- Maintained existing programs/scripts and extended Linux system functionality as needed.
- Involved in development of customized Web applications on top of Orion Frameworks using Web technologies like JSP, Servlets, and Java script.
- Written Oracle Admin schema using SQL, which creates Orion Oracle database instances in Oracle10g and Oracle9i.
- Involved in migration of code in CORBA framework to Java/J2ee framework.
- Worked with Development Team Leads and testing teams to establish a build schedule, execute the builds and troubleshoot build failures, if any.
Environment: &Tools: SVN, Ant, Oracle, Linux, Perl Scripting, ClearCase, Sonar, CAST, Shell scripting, JBOSS, Windows, UNIX, Web logic.
Confidential, Richardson, TX
- Was a part in Installation, configuration and maintenance activities in of Red Hat, CentOS, SUSE, and Solaris servers at multiple data centers.
- Maintained configuration files for each application for build purpose and also installed on different environments.
- Configured logical volumes using logical volume manager (LVM), involved in monitoring and troubleshooting.
- Involved in daily system administrator activities (performance monitoring & tuning, disk space issues, send mail issues, tools related issues, FTP, Telnet and application oriented issues).
- Used SVN for branching, tagging, and merging.
- Efficient in writing implementation plans for installing software components on build agents, also worked with application services team to execute the same.
- Supported QA regression deployments, monthly and weekly releases of applications.
- Performed Patching and upgrades (release), on stand-alone servers (using single user mode), and live upgrade of servers in production using YUM Update/RPM Manager from repository or Red hat subscription management service.
- Working knowledge of Windows batch scripting, LINUX Shell scripting and ANT Scripting.
- Hands on in Installing Jenkins on a Linux machine and created a master and slave configuration to implement multiple parallel builds through a build farm.
- Built and Deployed java source code into application servers in an Agile continuous integration environment.
- Involved in Activities including user administration, startup and shutdown scripts, crontabs, file system maintenance backup scripting and automation using SHELL scripting (BASH, KSH) for Red Hat Linux systems.
- Coordinated application release with Development,DBA, QA and project management teams.
- Worked closely with the team to review code for compatibility issues, resolve issues as they arise, and implement deployment processes and improvements on a continuous basis.
Environment: &Tools: ANT, Build Forge, WebLogic, UNIX, Linux, Shell, Perl Scripting, JIRA.