- 8+ years of experience in the automating, configuring and deploying instances in the areas of Data center operations, cloud computing, software configuration management (SCM)
- Expertise in Amazon AWS cloud which includes services like: EC2, S3, VPC, ELB, IAM, Cloud Front, Cloud Watch, Security Groups.
- Experience with Configuration management tools like PUPPET, CHEF, AWS (OPS work) and Open Stack.
- Experience in branching, tagging and maintaining the version across the environments working on Software Configuration Management (SCM) tools like Subversion (SVN) and GIT.
- Experience in cloud stack such as AWS (cloud formation) and VMWARE stack.
- Creating Linux Virtual Machines using VMware Virtual Center (ESXI), hypervisor - v, PHP Virtual Box.
- Monitored Ruby on Rails programs and program data to ensure applications are running as expected.
- Database modeling and design. Involved in developing and implementation of the web application using Ruby on Rails.
- Worked on web servers like Apache and application servers like Web logic, Tomcat, Web Sphere, and JBOSS to deploy code.
- Involved in Automation with the help of Scripting languages like Ruby, Shell and Python.
- Experience in Administration for various environments in software development life cycle (SDLC).
- Extensively worked on Jenkins by installing, configuring and maintaining for the purpose of Continuous integration (CI) and for End to End automation for all build and deployments.
- Good knowledge in CI (Continuous Integration) and CD (Continuous Deployment) methodologies.
- Experience in installing Firmware Upgrades, Kernel patches, system configuration, performance tuning on Unix/Linux systems.
- Trouble shooting the Java Applications with different test cases.
- Excellent communication team membership and relationship management skills.
Operating Systems: UNIX, Linux, Ubuntu, Cent OS, Solaris, Windows
Languages: Bash, C, C++, Java, XML, Python, PL/SQL, Ruby, Groovy
Virtualization: Docker, VM Ware, Oracle Virtual box, AWS, Azure, Pivotal Cloud Foundry
Build tools: ANT, Maven, and Gradle
SDLC Methodologies: Agile (Scrum), Waterfall
Web Technologies: Tomcat, APACHE 2.x, 3.x, Web Logic, Web Sphere, Glassfish, JBoss
Monitoring tools: Nagios, Appdynamics, Cloud Watch, Splunk, Cloud Trail, Dynatrace
Management Tools: Jira, Crucible, Clover, Fish eye, Service Now
Networking: TCP/IP, NFS, DNS, DHCP, WAN, SMTP, LAN, FTP/TFTP, SNMP, ARP/RARP, IPX/SPX, PPP, IGRP, EIGRP, NIS, NIS+
Versioning Tools: GIT, SVN, TFS
CM Tools: Chef, Puppet, Ansible
CI/CD Tools: Jenkins, Bamboo, Teamcity
Confidential - King of Prussia, PA
- Experience working with various AWS Services like EC2, S3, ELB, EBS, Auto scaling, Route53, SNS, SES, Cloud Watch, RDS, IAM, Dynamo DB, VPC, Elastic ache, Cloud Formation, Cloud Front, OpsWorks, Glacier, etc.
- Automated Deployment using configuration Management tool Ansible to provision Amazon resources.
- Having extensive experience in AWS Redshift data ware house for columnar data storage.
- Experience working on User admin groups, maintaining account and monitoring system performance using ELK.
- Using Chef deployed and configured Elastic search, Log stash and Kibana (ELK) for log analytics, full text search, application monitoring in integration with AWS Lambda and Cloud Watch.
- Using Bash and Python include Boto3 to supplement automation provided by Terraform for tasks such as encrypting EBS volumes backing AMIs and scheduling Lambda functions for routine AWS tasks.
- Created container based Virtualized deployments using Docker working with Docker images Docker hub and Docker registries
- Worked on Terraform for deploying infrastructure in AWS as per the requirement.
- Configured Route53 record set AWS service for DNS assignment to Alias (ELB) and Cname (RDS) types resources.
- Advised Open source Kubernetes and Docker projects and design discussions in Cloud Native Computing foundation.
- Created development and test environments for different micro services by provisioning Kubernetes clusters on AWS using Docker, Ansible, KOPS and Terraform.
- Experienced with web deployment technology specifically Linux/Nginx/apache/Tomcat/Java/Node.js
- Customized Jira plug-in in Jenkins to track the workflow, Bug tracking of the source code to confluence.
- Shared files between Linux boxes and windows using the WinSCP, a secure FTP, SCP client for Microsoft Windows.
- Used Kubernetes for automated deployments, scaling and management of microservices across clusters of hosts.
- Expertise in Querying RDBMS such as Oracle, MY SQL and SQL Server by using SQL for data integrity.
- Implemented CI/CD pipeline for micro services using Jenkins, Git, Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible.
- Written various custom Ansible playbooks and Modules for deployment Orchestration.
- Experience in writing Terraform Scripts, which is Infrastructure as a Code (IaaC).
Environment: EC2, S3,ELB,EBS, Route53, Cloud Front, Redshift Ansible, Kubernetes, Lambda, Jenkins, RHEL, Docker, Kibana, Elastic Search, Log stash, Maven, Micro services, Redis, Sonar Qube, Terraform, Python, Shell script, My SQL Oracle, Nexus, Apache Tomcat, Jira.
Confidential, Bellevue, WA
- Migrated to Amazon Web Services (AWS) from their on-premise datacenter and virtual environments.
- Designed and implemented Amazon Web Services (AWS) sevices for use on their current and upcoming projects.
- Experience on AWS cloud services like EC2, S3, ECS, RDS, DynamoDB, ELB, auto scaling groups and EBS for installing, configuring and troubleshooting on various AMI for server migration from physical into cloud.
- Amazon Web Services (AWS), EC2 Storage Managements integration and utilization within this infrastructure and applications.
- Infrastructure deployment, administration, troubleshooting and configuration virtual and cloud instances on AWS and VMware platforms.
- Implemented AWS solutions using S3, RDS, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, and Auto scaling groups.
- Responsible for Design of different Release Environments for new projects and monitoring.
- Implementing a Continuous Delivery framework using Jenkins, Chef, Maven, Docker and AWS.
- Developed Chef Cookbooks and Recipes to manage systems configuration.
- Monitored the environment using Enterprise Splunk and involved in managing the Splunk cluster.
- Documented the work into the Atlassian tools Confluence for the future reference.
- Involved in configuring the Route53 to serve traffic in the case of region failover and Geolocation purpose.
- Involved in Setting up the Autoscaling group with the latest images and and configured the static serving data with Cloudfront.
- Implementing Ruby on Rails upgrades and patches and publishing Ruby Gems. Used Ruby Gems and wrote various interfaces to the management system in Ruby on Rails.
- Managed Chef Cookbooks to automate system operations and involved in deploying the configurations into the remote servers.
- Involved in writing CloudFormation templates for spinning up the infrastructure as per the requirement.
- Worked on ECS (Elastic container service) for deploying containers and involved in testing the micro services.
- Performing updates and upgrades on the systems currently on the network for performance and auditing purposes.
- Involved in integrating the Devops tools with the Jenkins with the help of various plugins and involved in writing jenkinsfile for CICD.
- Migrated corporate Linux servers from physical servers to Amazon virtual servers.
Environment: VPC, AWS EC2, S3, Route53, EBS, IAM, ELB, Cloud watch, Cloud Formation, AWS Auto Scaling, Maven, Git, Jenkins, Unix/Linux, Shell scripting.
- Linux container and has the AMI baked in converted our staging and production environment from a handful AMI’s to a single bare metal host running Docker
- Managed Linux Ubuntu and Windows virtual servers on AWS EC2 using Chef.
- Involved in writing cookbooks and Recipes and deployed the configurations to the remote servers by setting up the chef client on the remote servers.
- Experienced in configuration management tools such as Ansible, Chef and Maven.
- Worked on Jenkins master-slave model to configure jobs and also involved in installing plugins and doing backups for the jobs.
- Designed and deployed AWS solutions using EC2, S3, RDS, EBS, Elastic load Balancer, Auto scaling groups.
- Configured S3 versioning and lifecycle policies to and backup files and archive files in Glacier.
- Configured S3 to host static web content and used cloud front for low latency for the end customers.
- Configured and monitored distributed and multi-platform servers using Nagios.
- Supported 2000+ AWS Cloud instances and also familiar with Amazon cloud command line management.
- Involved in Ensuring all components and aspects of all units data network are properly operating and to DOD compliancy.
- Experience in developing ELT and Data Models using an ELT tool such as SAP Data Services, informatics via KMS service.
- Performed and deployed Builds for various Environments like QA, Integration, UAT and Productions Environments.
- Developed puppet modules and manifests to automate deployment configuration into various environments
- Created monitors, alarms and notifications for EC2 hosts using Cloud watch.
Environment: AWS EC2, S3, RDS, Elastic Load Balancer, Auto scaling, VPC instances, Opsworks, IAM, Amazon Glacier, Amazon CLI, Tivoli, Jenkins, Puppet, Chef, Nagios, UNIX and LINUX.
- Worked with the Architects on SDLC process being the owner of post development environments
- Worked closely with the Development Team in the design phase and developed use case diagrams using Rational Rose.
- Source code configuration tools Subversion and GIT used for different projects.
- Wrote ANT and MAVEN Scripts to automate the build process. Configured Bamboo for doing the build in all the non-production and production environments.
- Used Shell to automate the deployment process.
- Performed Load/Functional testing using Mercury Load runner and HP QTP.
- Designed a customized Status Reporting tool used currently, based on the specific requirements using J2EE/Struts and Web Sphere Application Server with DB2 as Database.
- Involved in the ETL process to map data from multiple operating systems including IBM/DB2, DEC/Oracle, NT/SQL Server and flat files into FMS database.
- Coordinated all the IT projects successfully by resolving release interdependencies.
- Ensured all steps are successfully completed and document their completion times and issue logs.
- Environment: Subversion, GIT, Bamboo, Rational Rose, Java/J2EE, JDK, Eclipse, ANT, MAVEN, DB2, UNIX, AWS, Python scripting, Oracle, Windows XP, Web Sphere
Environment: GIT, SVN, VMware, VSphere, Oracle, ANT, Maven, SQL, Bamboo, Python, HP QTP, Mercury Load runner, ITIL, Windows, web sphere, Java, Eclipse
Jr. System Administrator
- Installing, configuring and upgrading Solaris 8, Linux and HP-UX Servers.
- Windows 2003 server Installation, Administration & Maintenance
- Exchange 2003 Administration and Maintenance.
- Supporting in Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2003 migration.
- Installing and partitioning disk drives. Creating, mounting and maintaining file systems to ensure access to system, application and user data.
- Knowledge of using Routed Protocols: FTP, SFTP, SSH, HTTP, HTTPS, TELNET, SMTP, and Direct Connect.
- Installing, configuring and administering NIS master server and NIS slave server.
- Installing & administering NFS services using auto mounter.
- Regular disk management like adding/replacing hard drives on existing servers/workstations, partitioning according to requirements, creating new file systems or growing existing one over the hard drives and managing file systems.
- Scheduling the daily/weekly/monthly backups.
- Patching up the system to the latest version as per the recommendations.
- Monitor the health of the servers, Operating system, database and the network.
- Maintenance of Hard disks (Formatting and Setup, Repair from crashes)
- Create and maintain user accounts administering file systems and recognizing file access problems.
- Co-coordinating with the customer’s vendors for any system up gradation and giving the exact procedure to follow up.
Environment: Red Hat Linux 3.x, E3500 and E250 Sun Fire V480, Sun Ultra Spark 5/10, Sun Blade servers, Oracle 8i/9i and HP Open View Servers, Intel based Servers, LAN and WAN.