- 9 Plus years of Experience in Operating System and Middleware Administration, System Builds, Server Builds, Domain builds, Installs, Upgrades, Patches, Migration, Troubleshooting, Security, Backup, Disaster Recovery, Performance Monitoring and Fine - tuning on UNIX (Red Hat Linux, SUN Solaris &) and Weblogic Systems.
- Installing, upgrading and configuring SUN Solaris 8, 9 and 10 on Sun Servers Using Jumpstart Servers and Redhat 5.x, 6.x on DELL Servers, HP Servers/BLADES, and VMware using Kick Start servers, Redhat Satellite Servers, and Interactive Installation. Installation of Weblogic/jboss 9.x, 10.x domains in UNIX systems.
- Experience in Designing & Creating LDoms on T-series servers.
- Experience in Security Hardening in UNIX, Linux and Windows servers.
- Sound knowledge on VERITAS Cluster Server, VERITAS File System and VERITAS Volume manager .
- Installation and Configuration of Enterprise Clusterware using Veritas Cluster, Redhat Cluster and Sun Cluster for Oracle RAC implementations.
- Involved in migration and consolidation of Unix/Linux Servers in Production data center.Designing and Planning physical to virtual server consolidation and migration with high availability at the back end.
- Extensively worked on Solaris 10 containers, Zones for virtualization.
- Experienced with of SAN and NAS environments.
- Extensively involved in SAN migration project to migrate data off the old storage subsystem to new Hitachi subsystem using Array to Array mechanism and NDAM (Non-Disruptive Array Migration).
- Creating and maintaining user accounts, profiles, security, rights, disk space and process monitoring.
- Experienced in Shell (sh, bash, ksh) scripting to automate tasks of day to day administrative tasks.
- Helped to establishstandards, policies and procedures for all aspects of UNIX server environment (e.g., configuration, administration, documentation, etc.)
- Experienced working in Veritas NetBackup 3.x, 4.5, 5, Tivoli Storage Manager for restoring and performing backups.
- Experience in installation and configuration and administration of WebLogic 11g, 12c, Apache, JBoss in standalone and domain mode including migrating, creating domains, load balancing, deploying applications, performance tuning, upgrading, and maintenance in distributed cross platform environment.
- Experience in analyzing application server performance using tools like Dynatrace, ITRS,Willy Interscope.
- Experience in using configuration management tools like Puppet, HPSA for pushing patches to the unix servers and weblogic servers and scheduling tool like DMAN, MAXIMOto schedule servers for OS and firmware patching, weblogic/jboss patching and ticketing system like Service Now, PAC2K.
- Experience in installing and apply mandatory critical OS patches, WebLogic and Java patches and upgrades to meet company compliance standards.
- Working experience of relational database management systems like MySQL5 and SQL Server.
- Good understanding of Model View Controller (MVC) Pattern.
- Experience in Object-Oriented Design & Analysis, and MySql.
- Understanding and resolving customer queries concerning the problems related to their servers via organizing conference calls and emails.
- Experienced in supporting 24x7 production computing environments. Experience providing on-call and weekend support.
- Independent problem solving, project implementation and good team building with analytical, interpersonal & communication skills.
Operating Systems: Sun Solaris 10, 9, 8, Red Hat Linux (4.X, 5.X. 6.X) ES & AS, IBM-AIX, VMware ESXi S/vSphere, Windows 2003/XP/2000
Hardware: SUN Enterprise and Fire Series (v880/v480/v210/v440/280R, T-series, M-series), IBM pSeries and eSeries, HP ProLiant series, Dell PowerEdge Series.
Software: REDHAT LVM, VERITAS File System, VERITAS Volume Manager, SOLARIS Volume Manager, BEA Weblogic 9.x, 10.x.
Storage: EMCS Symmetrix, Hitachi and Netapp Filers
Enterprise Backup: Tivoli Storage Manager, Veritas NetBackup
Cluster: Veritas Storage Foundation /Oracle RAC, VERITAS Cluster Server, Red Hat Cluster Server
Web/Application Server: Tomcat, Apache, Web Logic, JBoss
Database: Oracle, Sybase, SQL Server
Scripting Languages: Shell Scripting
Monitoring: Mercury Sitescope, Tivoli, Netcool, Dynatrace, ITRS
File Servers: NFS, Samba, CIFS, NIS/NIS+, FTP
Virtualization: VMware, Solaris Zones, Linux KVM and XEN
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
Sr Middleware/Devops Engineer
- Participate in IDC infrastructure Design Council architectural meetings, discussions and work with application team to understand the requirement and develop plan to onboard new application.
- Work with Infrastructure teams to build servers, install/upgrade/patch Apache, Tomcat Weblogic 11g/12c.
- Build domains, managed servers, setup jms, datasources, and deploy application.
- Setup and support highly available cluster middleware infrastructure.
- Work with application team to help understand C3 silver fabric (Iaas/Paas) deployment using TLUTS tokens and help them use the environment.
- Migration of existing application and new application in TIAA internal cloud using TIBCO Silver Fabric and TLUTS.
- Working knowledge of onboarding applications to TLUTS, Gitlab, JFrog artifactory (CICD pipeline).
- Build and deploy artifacts in all environment using Nolio/Serena.
- Experience in understanding F5 GTM, LTM, application VIP, irules, health check monitoring, pool members, and VIP policy setup.
- Experience troubleshooting using application/middleware/Mulesoft access logs in Splunk.
- Involved in troubleshooting escalated production, lower environment issues which requires coordination with Unix, Middleware, Application support team.
- Identify and resolve Autosys job failures
- Mentor and Support level 2 support.
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
Sr Middleware System Administrator
- Involved in technical meetings for the discussion and mitigation problems during development.
- Involved in client meeting for UAT/DEV environment setup.
- Ongoing support for pre/post production deployments.
- Involved in weekly architectural meetings to review the current environment and provide weekly status.
- Successfully deployed the application with less to negligible issues and meeting customer expectations.
- Extensively involved in WebLogic11g installation& configuration and install Clusters for both Primary and Fail over Servers.
- Working with Load Balancer teams to request, configure & test the load balancers for the failover situations.
- Installation, configuration, monitoring, troubleshooting and tuning of WebLogic Application Servers 10.x in Red Hat Linux Environment.
- Setup, deploy, configure, troubleshoot several instances of WebLogic 11g on clustered and non-clustered environments
- Configure JMS resources - JMS Servers, JMS Modules, Connection Factories, Queues, and Topics.
- Configure WebLogic JDBC resources - JDBC data sources and multi-data sources
- Configure virtual hosts and proxy requests to WebLogic server in Apache.
- Involve in WebLogic upgrade in staging and production environment and applying patch and service packs every quarter or monthly depending upon criticality of the patch.
- Deploy applications in staging environment for performance testing and analyze Log Files, Thread Dumps, and Exception Stack Traces to conduct the root cause analysis for the issues found before rolling the code to Production.
- Monitored the CPU, disk, ram and heap usage and collection of JVM statistics, garbage collection data for monitoring the heap.
- Analyze WebLogic server log files, thread dumps, logs, configuration files, dump files and core files to identify the possible causes of the problem.
- Install and configure SSL certs for secured communication. Apply jdk/apache upgrade.
- Worked closely with Performance and Load Testing teams before deploying the code in Production to avoid any issues during the release time
- Involved in BCP test activities and work with application team to perform Failover scenarios.
- Coordinate with UNIX team for OS patching and scheduling in DMAN.
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
Sr. UNIX System/Middleware Engineer
- Installation and upgrade of Solaris 8/9/10 using jumpstart, and Redhat Enterprise 5.x, 6.x usingKickstart in Linuxservers. Involved in building High Availability 3 nodes Oracle RAC 11g cluster for all environments
- Tech Refresh project involved in planning, building, installation, configuration and administration of High Availability 8 node Solaris 10 clusters on M4000 /M5000 using VCS 5.0 in heterogeneous SAN environment
- Storage Migration: SAN array migration for high availability Solaris servers from Hitachi to Hitachi Storage subsystem.
- Performing SAN/NAS Unix servers health checks before doing migration event.
- Workingnew server builds, deployment on Linux on Dell and HP various hardware models.
- User access Provisioning: Likewise, LDAP, NIS and local accounts.
- Managing and applying quarterly OS patches using Puppet/Redhat Satellite servers.
- Involved in troubleshooting and maintenance work of high availability VERITAS cluster Upgrades/Linux upgrades, ORACLE RAC, and SUN/HP/DELL hardwares and Live Upgrade for SUN Solaris Servers.
- Handling issues regarding storage tools (VxVM /ASM/LVM /ASM and SVM - Disk Suite)
- Hands on experience on SAN allocation and creating new LUNS on EMC/Powepath/HDLM /Multipath software on Solaris and Linux servers
- Worked on z ones and containers in Solaris 10. Expert in VERITAS Cluster System, VERITAS Volume Manager, SVM, LVM.
- Knowledgeon Web/WebLogic apps server/Load balancer issues.
- Worked on various project release and deployments for Middleware.
- Maintained BEA WebLogic Application Server 9.X/10.X on different UNIX platforms and have setup deployment, configuration, development, testing in non-production and production environments for the ongoing application development.
- Developed and maintained shell scripts that facilitate the Administration of BEA WebLogic.
- Involved in migration of Weblogic Server 9.2 to Weblogic Server 10.3 .
- Good working experience of relational database management systems like MySQL5, and SQL Server 2000/2005/2008.
- Manage and control start stop jobs using Autosys.
- Scheduling the Batch jobs on Autosys in test and prod environments according to the client requests.
- Involved in yearly DR activities on OS as well application separation and testing.
- Designed and documented client solutions as well as provided guidance and procedural direction on Sun Solaris 9, 10 and Redhat Operating Systems 5.x. 6.x
- Responsible for creation and Implementation of CMWO (Change Management Work Order), which includes changes done On Production, Test, Development and Pre-Production servers as per TIAA norms.
- Provided 24x7support on shift rotation basis
Confidential, Northwood, OH
- Building of newSolaris 9, 10 servers using jumpstart andRedhat Linux 3, 4.x using Kickstart.
- Configuration of zones, Service Management Facility (SMF) on Solaris 10.
- Creation of sparse root and whole root zones and patching of the zones. Installation of WebLogic application server.
- Installation of administration of storage / disks of Volume Management Tools like Veritas Storage Foundation 5.0, Sun Volume Manager on Solaris and Logical Volume Manager on Linux.
- Creation of file systems on LUNs zoned from Storage Area Networks (SAN) based of EMC Symmetrix DMX-4 950 and Brocade 4400 series fiber switches.
- Closely coordinated with SAN team for storage, fabric issues. Upgrading Emulex cards, firmware for HBA to the current revision levels.
- Installation of VMWare ESX infrastructure on Linux and administration of VMs.
- Worked with the SAN team in creating the LUNs, zoning them for the servers and creating file systems on them.
- Installation and support of WebLogic11g and Oracle 10g on both Solaris and Linux.
- Worked on the configuration of server monitoring tools like Netcool, Nagios and also security tools nmap, nessus, snort.
- Was actively involved in security audits and fixing the issues discovered out of security audits.
- Performance tuning and troubleshooting of problems related to Operating System, users, applications, network.
- Provided 24x7 on-call remote support for UNIX production problems on weekly rotation basis.
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
- Managed 80+ servers in very dynamic environment.
- Responsible for managing quarterly patches, compliance check scores and health check of the assigned servers.
- Administration of the UNIX and Linux environments also included validating environmental health and providing day-to-day support for application and database team, installing packages and RPMs, DBI/DBA Perl modules and dependent packages and RPMs for newer application releases.
- Performed Volume Management using Veritas Volume Manager 4.x, Sun Volume Manager and Logical Volume Manager
- Installation and build of new servers using Kickstartand worked with the Storage Team to administer external storage on EMC Symmetrix devices.
- Installed packages and RPMsand Patches as a part of Enterprise Engineering organization.
- Implemented and administered high-availability and disaster recovery solutions using technologies such as Veritas Cluster Server 4.x, Powerpath, SRDF and BCVs.
- Troubleshooting NFS, NIS and network problems
- Worked with the DBA team to help setup of Oracle 10g /Sybase ASE 12.x, Oracle reports, Anthill and I3.
- Participated in 24x7 on-call/pager supportrotations with other team members for dealing Production issues.
- Performance management using tools such as BMC Enterprise Performance Assurance, Patrol to help monitor statistics and capacity planning of server environment.
Confidential, Houston, TX
- Worked with GTI(global technology infrastructure) team to install, test Solaris 10 on T2000, E6900, E4900, v240, x4200, x4500 servers and RHEL 4.4 and 5vanilla build and standard builds in various HP and Dell platforms before deploying onto Production Servers
- Configured Veritas Foundation Suite 4.1 for Development, Test and Production environments and administered the same with tasks like creating RAID 1, 10, 5, 51 volumes, resize, deport and import disk groups between servers.
- Created layered volumes and mirrored the boot disk using Solaris Volume Manager on Solaris and used Logical Volume Manager to create physical and logical volumes.
- Installation & configuration of Sun Cluster Service 3.0 forHA.
- Installation of Solaris 8, 9 and 10 using Jumpstart and upgrading using live upgrade.
- Involved in understanding and testing of latest features of Veritas Foundation Suite 5 like Dynamic Storage Tiering, Portable Containers etc.
- Installed, configured and administered Veritas Cluster Server4.1 with agents for Sendmail and NFS agents
- Responsible for the administration of web servers like Apache, Tomcat, WebLogic 9 and 10g.
- Worked on the configuration of naming services like NIS and knowledge of Sun One Directory Server 5.1 SP3.
- Configured and customized ks.conf files in Kickstart server for easy installation RHEL from ISO images and pxe-boot including standard builds and customized regional builds.
- Supported 2nd level support team with installation of new major, minor and corrective releases of diff versions of RHEL from gold Kickstart server and resolving compatibility issues and library conflicts of internal packages like ESM, Netsnmp, Opsware, Keon, Tideway and secure applications on various builds when upgrading from RHEL 4.3 to 5
- Resolved various hardware issues which include issues with motherboards, CPUs, memory cards, network cards, hard drives etc.
- Performance tuning of the operating systems using tools like prstat, vmstat, mpstat, sar, ndd, top etc.
- Installed and upgraded various versions of RHEL of x 86 32 bit arch to x 86 64 bit arch and upgrading kernel 2.6 toHUGEMEM on basis of customers’ request.
- Involved in extensive research and testing and deploying Opsware packages, patches through out JPMC GTI organization.