High - performance, results-driven IT professional with training and background to implement and configure mission-critical IT networks and telecommunication resources. Possess hands-on skill in completing hardware / software / security installation and configuration projects. Adept at working with end-users to define and translate technical needs into solutions, troubleshooting and resolving issues quickly and efficiently. Skilled in optimizing system operations and maintaining 99.9% system up time.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
- System Administration
- Project Management
- Database Design
- Client Relationships
- Infrastructure Planning & Analysis
- System Implementation & Upgrade
- Disaster Recovery Planning
- Software Configuration
- Hardware Configuration
- IT Security Planning
- Data Center Operations
- User Training & Support
- Problem Resolution
Platforms: Windows 7/8, Windows Server 2008, Cisco IOS, Apple IOS, Linux, Microsoft SQL, Exchange
Applications: MS Office 2003/2007/2010,, Group Policy, Radius, Active Directory, Telnet/SSH, Remote Desktop, Antivirus/Malware, VMware, Protocol Analyzers/Ethereal/Wireshark
Network: TCP/IP, TCP/UDP, WAN/LAN, SNMP, DNS, SMTP, DHCP, VPN, OSPF, EIGRP, IDS/IPS, VoIP/Convergence, VPNHardware: IBM, Dell and HP Servers / Workstations / Laptops, SCSI devices, PC peripherals, Cisco Router/Switches, Linksys Wireless Routers, Enterasys Switches
Confidential, New Paris, IN
Senior Test Technician
- Supervise installation, configuration and troubleshooting/resolution of technical issues across a variety of platforms, servers, desktop systems, Internet, and other computer technologies.
- Instrumental in designing product functional testing scenarios utilizing network program test suites.
- Credited for proactively configuring Building Controllers for Building Automation Control (BACnet).
- Supervised hardware and software testing for all General Purpose, VAV, and Unitary Controllers, ensuring equipment operates properly in harsh HVAC environment.
- Coordinated the setup and wiring of net sensors to VAV controllers using MSTP for Roof Top Units.
- Utilized advanced understanding of visual basic and network designs to configure a new test network that significantly reduced test validation times.
- Served as key resource in providing feedback regarding performance to product managers/designers.
Confidential, Granger, IN
Network Engineer & Telecommunications Technician
- Utilized advanced understanding of telecommunication and networking principles to revise and modify equipment configurations to ensure high availability of system resources.
- Demonstrated high level of professionalism in maintaining network monitoring system; documented, reported, and notified Network Administrators on network status, thus increasing network reliability.
- Implemented and managed processes for maintaining and updating hardware/software resources.
- Configured all Enterasys/Cisco routers, switches, firewalls/VPN’s and network devices.
- Served as primary point of contact in deploying solutions that improved system uptime; documented network changes and procedures, including created and updated network diagrams.
- Actively participated in completing a variety of technology upgrade projects, including repair and replacement of network backbone; ordering, testing and tuning up new circuits as needed.