- Highly skilled professional with over 10 years experience implementing and managing complex computer - based technologies in the healthcare and e-commerce space. Able to move effortlessly through and adapt readily to ever-changing tools, programs, and systems. Willing to relocate and travel.
- Installation, configuration and administration of several Unix variants, including Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL 4,5), Solaris(9,10), FreeBSD, Debian, Ubuntu, MacOS X; Building, hardening, and customizing Red Hat Linux and Solaris servers; Solaris Zones and Containers; Solaris volume manager/solstice disk suite, disk partitions, RAID, and file system maintenance, including ZFS, NFS and Veritas Volume Manager(VxFS);
- Installation of Solaris from jumpstart flasharchive, or CD/DVD; Installation of Linux kickstart, Websphere 5 & 6, and Tomcat; Release Deployment in high availability environments; EMC CLARiiON storage administration;A10 Load balancers, LVM, Scripting with Bourne Shell, Korn Shell, and Perl;
Servers: Apache 2.0.x/2.2.x
Networking: TCP/IP, NFS, Telnet, FTP, DNS, DHCP, NAT, ifconfig, route, netstat, xinetd, HTTP, NIS/YP
Electronic Mail: SMTP, POP, Sendmail
Virtualizion: VMWare, Veaam
Administrative Tools: top, traceroute, ping, sar, ntop, webmin
Backup: tar, dump (ufsdump)
Security: SSH, SSL, IPchains, IPtables, Tripwire/AIDE, port scanners, SSH Tunnels, Intrusion detection/prevention, Checkpoint Firewalls; Samba, proxy (squid), SunCluster, Unica Netinsight
Confidential, Herndon, VA
Senior Systems Engineer
- Participated in the cloud migration efforts required by one of the companies Federal clients.
- Provided guidance on moving the existing infrastructure to a Confidential ’d cloud provider.
- Recommended architectures to implement the governments Cloud First policy. Maintained infrastructure.
Confidential, Silver Spring, MD
- Analyzing system logs and identifying potential issues with Solaris & Linux systems.
- Working closely with the Security team to ensure systems are in compliance with all SSAE-16(SAS 70) and PCI regulatory requirements.
- Drive projects/tasks with respect to milestones and deadlines.
- Update process documentation and team websites as required.
- Performs security remediation and patching of Solaris and Linux servers.
- Provide technical support for Symantec NetBackup software used to backup critical infrastructure data.
- Knowledge of ForgeRock OpenAM SSO
- Participate in after hours on-call rotation.
Confidential, Rockville, MD
- Responsible for the High Performance Computing Environment ( Confidential ) running Sun Grid Engine( Confidential ).
- Duties included software installation, configuration, troubleshooting, and maintenance.
- Used CFEngine to keep nodes in the same configuration.
- Used Subversion to push software changes.
- Packaged RPM's using RPM Build. Drupal setup and configuration.
Confidential, McLean, VA
- Responsible for the Solaris environment which consisted of T4-2, and M3000
- Servers running Solaris 10 using Logical Domains, and zones. Carried out patching, using Solaris Live Upgrade.
- System installation with Jumpstart Enterprise Toolkit(JET)/Flash Archive.
- Installed and configured new hard disk as needed.
- Oversaw Veritas NetBackup environment.
- Provided support for the J2EE environment which was WebLogic. Also was the contact person for contacting the vendor with regard to hardware/software issues, and service request.
- Created runbooks as a part of the overall business continuity plan.
Confidential, Columbia, SC zLinux / Websphere Administrator
- Responsible for the WebSphere Application server installation, administration, configuration, security, customization, performance tuning and troubleshooting.
- Interacted with application developers and also carried out websphere portal administration duties.
- Performed administration jobs in Unix, especially Linux platform.
- Play integral role in organizations migration from ICD-9 to ICD-10
Confidential, Pittsburgh, PA
Unix System Administrator
- Administer 175 Unix servers (Solaris 9, 10, RHEL 4, 5) across 3 datacenters in a 24x7 environment; Responsible for install/upgrade, security policies, intrusion detection/prevention, incident response, and backup/disaster recovery.
- Provide support to distributed systems group by administering websphere, this including initial websphere installation, deploying .war and/or .ear files, and performance tuning;
- Managed installation, patching, backups, disaster recovery, risk mitigation, and business continuity strategies and troubleshooting;
- Provide technical support for web systems environments;
- Use diagnostic tools to troubleshoot complex web software and related firewall, database and hardware problems to maintain, restore or improve service quality and availability, analyze and resolve issues or may escalate as needed to meet established service level agreement;
- Gathered performance statistics and assisted in determining hardware and communication tools needed to support projected transaction volumes, response time and system availability targets; Participate in projects and/or coordinates small projects associated with web and e-commerce application installations, upgrades and deployment efforts including deploying code to individual servers, configuring the web site infrastructure, performance tuning, and translating how applications interact with web components to assure that all components communicate and are integrated properly; Provide project status reporting.
- Update and complete documentation;
- Assist team with such tasks as: code deployments, middleware patching, troubleshooting application issues and load testing; Implemented web analytics project for clients, using Unica Netinsight. Assured SAS 70, FFIEC, and PCI compliance.
Confidential, Pittsburgh, PA
- Maintained and supported technical infrastructure for the organization; Was consulted on purchasing decisions;
- Maintained the internet filtering mechanisms using Unix;
- Implemented IT security procedures; Served as primary technical contact;
- Performed routine maintenance on desktop and laptop pc’s; Deployed new computers.
- Served as technology director for local Confidential & Confidential .
- Oversaw both programmatic and technical aspects of running a safe, educational, and kid-friendly network for over 100 users.
- Legacy clients on a GNU/Linux back-end utilizing Apache, Samba, Squid, Dansguardian, and other technologies.
- Responsible for both hardware and software installation as well as troubleshooting.