- If you are Looking for a Rockstar who can come onboard and solve the problems and deliver the work well ahead of Confidential then consider me. You will never be disappointed.
- A very passionate individual who lives and breathes Technology (mainly DevOps). With 8 years of experience under my Belt in Continuous Integration, Deployment, Release Management and Cloud Implementations, Linux Administration, Configuration Management across multiple/distributed environments. Currently looking for an Organization to contribute my services
- Experience with various DevOps related tools for the team such as provisioning scripts, deployment tools, and development and staging environments on AWS Cloud and Linux.
- Extensively worked on AWS Cloud platform and its features that include EC2, VPC, EBS, ELB, S3, RDS, EBS, Cloud Watch and In - depth understanding of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) processes, which include compiling, packaging, deploying and application configurations.
- Working experience with Google Cloud Platform components like Compute Engine, Container Engine, and Container Registry.
- Contribution in the DevOps team to maintain and build out the infrastructure and servers currently operating on AWS, OpenStack, and Cloud Foundry.
- Experience in System Administration, Configuration, upgrading, Patches, Troubleshooting, Security, Backup, Disaster Recovery, Performance Monitoring and Fine-tuning on UNIX & LINUX Systems.
- Expert in configuration management tools Puppet, Chef, Ansible and treating Infrastructure as Code.
- Handled Installing, configuring, upgrading and managing Puppet Enterprise and Puppet Open Source and experience in updating and creating modules.
- Written Playbooks in Ansible/Cookbooks in chef for patching, installing OS updates using RedHat Satellite Server application deployments on load balancers and Dev/Test/Prod environments.
- Experience in working on SCM repos like SVN, CVS, BitBucket, TFS, and GIT and strong knowledge on concepts like Branches, Merges and Tags.
- Implemented Docker components like Docker Engine, Hub, Machine, create Docker images, Compose, Docker Registry and handling multiple images primarily for middleware installations and domain configurations.
- Extensively worked with Scheduling, deploying and managing container replicas onto a node cluster using Kubernetes and worked with building Kubernetes run Confidential environment of the CI/CD system to build, test and deploy in an open source platform.
- Hands on experience on OpenShift platform to build the PAAS applications.
- Worked on Jenkins, Hudson, Bamboo, BuildForge and AnthillPro (AHP) by installing, configuring and maintaining for continuous integration (CI) and for End-to-End automation for all build and deployments.
- Expertise in using build tools like MAVEN and ANT for the building of deployable Artifacts such as jar, war and ear from Source Code using MoM - RabbitMQ, Kafka.
- Managed all the bugs and changes into a production environment using the Jira, Remedy, HP Quality Center and IBM ClearQuest tracking tools.
- Familiar with various ticketing tools like Service Now which we used for Firewall & Load balancer requests, Service Desk for our main bug tracking & Jira for internal tickets.
- Working experience on artifact repositories like Nexus and Artifactory.
- Configured and used Splunk and Nagios for monitoring, debugging and log analysis and generated reports
- Experience on Virtualization technologies like Oracle Virtual box, VMWare, Vagrant, Open stack.
- Implemented scripting for automation and monitoring using Bash, Ruby, Python and Perl scripts.
- Experienced in building sophisticated and highly automated infrastructure using automation frameworks such as Cloud Formation, terraform and Ops Works.
- Working knowledge on Backup management and scheduling backup Jobs in Amanda and Zmanda.
- Experience with OpenStack Services such as Compute, Network, Storage, Dashboard and worked on OpenStack application for deploying, maintaining and troubleshooting in a Cloud environment.
- Implemented installation and management of network related services like DNS, Apache, LDAP, SAMBA, HTTPD, NTP, VSFTP, PROFTP, SMTP, SQUID, Active Directory, Postfix, Send mail, FTP, Remote Access, Security Management & Security troubleshooting skills.
- Experience administering and configuring NoSQL Databases like Cassandra, Mongo DB and RDBMS like MySQL, DB2, etc. Also Implemented complex SQL queries and scheduled tasks using cron jobs.
- Good understanding of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) in Agile, Scrum, and Waterfall methodologies.
- Expert in deploying the code through web application servers like Web Sphere/Web Logic/ Apache Tomcat/Amazon cloud server/JBOSS.
Cloud Services: Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services (AWS), EC2, RDS, VPC, S3, ROUTE53, SNS, SQS, Cloud front, EBS, ELB, Cloud watch, Elastic beanstalk, OpenStack, Google Cloud Foundry, Openshift and Cloud trail.
Configuration Tools: Puppet, Ansible, Saltstack and Chef.
CI/CD Tools: Jenkins, Hudson, bamboo,Team City
Monitoring Tools: Nagios, Splunk, Elastic search, sonarqube, cloud watch, Selenium.
Build Tools: MAVEN, ANT, Gradle
Version Control: GIT, SVN, Team Foundation Server (TFS), Clear Case.
Automation container: Docker, kubernetes and Apache Mesos.
Methodologies: Agile, Waterfall.
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA,Fisheye,Cucumber, confluence, IBM Clear Quest and Remedy
Database Servers: Oracle, MySQL, Mongo Db,Cassandra, SQL Server.
Web/Application Servers: WebLogic, WebSphere, JBoss, Apache Tomcat.
Networking: HTTPS, FTP, NFS, SMB,SMTP, SSH, NTP, TCP/IP, NIS, DNS, DHCP, LDAP, LAN, WAN, Routers/Switches, TELNET
Operating Systems: RHE, SUSE Linux, Sun Solaris, CentOS, Windows, VMware ESX, Ubuntu
Programming Languages: C, C++, Core Java, Perl, Ruby, Python, UNIX Shell Scripting (Bourne, Korn, C, Bash), Perl
Hardware: Dell/EMC CX300, Netapp, Sun Ultra Sparc, HPDL, Sun Fire, IBM Blade.
Pro t o c o l s & Virtual OS: TCP/IP, Telnet, HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, SNMP, LDAP, DNS, DHCP, VMware, Virtual Box.
- Worked extensively with Ansible towers, Playbooks for maintaining roles, inventory files and groups vars.
- Involved in Configuration of Ansible Tower, which provides a dashboard and role based access control, so that it's easier to allow individual teams access to use Ansible for their deployments.
- Worked on the Git branching for applications by creating Release branches, Development branches thus ensuring the integrity of applications.
- Installing, configuring and administering Jenkins Continuous Integration tool on Linux machines along with adding/updating plugins such as SVN, Git, Maven and Ansible.
- Managed the building and automated deployments of our analytics infrastructure to AWS. Worked with Amazon Redshift clusters such as launching the cluster and specifying the node type.
- Managed Ubuntu, Linux and Windows virtual servers on AWS EC2 using Ansible.
- Worked with Ansible Jinja templates to generate AWS Cloud Formation templates.
- Used SonarCube dashboard to review the code changes and the reviewer would comment or make changes.
- Build servers using AWS, importing volumes, launching EC2, RDS, creating security groups, auto-scaling, load balancers (ELBs) in the defined virtual private connection.
- Worked in automation deployments using AWS by creating the IAM roles and policies and used the code pipeline plugin to integrate Jenkins with AWS and created the EC2 instances to provide the virtual servers.
- Worked on Ansible Tower to manage Multiple Nodes and Manage Inventory for different Environments.
- Automated Compute Engine and Docker Image Builds with Jenkins and Kubernetes .
- Created Python Scripts to Automate AWS services which include web servers, ELB, Cloud front Distribution, database, EC2 and database security groups, S3 bucket and application configuration.
- Using Amazon Web Services (AWS) console and AWS CLI to launch and manage VM's with Public/Private subnet and setup load balancing, security groups etc.
- Developed terraform scripts to build, change and version infrastructure as code using AWS as provider and launch multi-tiered stack to be provisioned and configured with terraform scripts.
- Automated deployments, scaling and operations of application containers across clusters of hosts and provided container-centric infrastructure by Kubernetes.
- Used Docker for packaging applications and designed the entire cycle of application development and used Virtualized Platforms for Deployment of containerization of multiple apps.
- Create, maintain and customize complex JIRA project configurations including workflows, custom fields, permissions and notifications.
- Performance Monitoring of CPU, Memory, Disks, Network using Nagios and cloud watch.
- Configured Git with Jenkins and schedule jobs using POLL SCM option, Build scripts using MAVEN build tools in Jenkins. Created and configured the continuous delivery pipelines for deploying micro services and lambda functions using Jenkins CI server.
- Installed and administered Artifactory repository to deploy the artifacts generated by Maven and to store the dependent jar used during the build.
- Creating from scratch a new continuous integration stack for a web application based on Docker and Jenkins, allowing transition from dev stations to test servers easily and seamlessly.
- Handled day to day UNIX troubleshooting like FileSystem errors, monitoring logs, encrypting & decrypting files using gpg keys, configuring tomcat applications, Apache servers, file pushes to SFTP servers, build issues.
- Performed and deployed Builds for various Environments like Dev, Test, QA, On boarding and Production.
- Installed, configured and administered JBOSS 6.0 server in various environments.
Environment: Ansible, Ansible Tower, Nagios, Tomcat, ELK Stack, AWS Cloud Watch IAM, S3, GitHub, Git, Jenkins, Docker, Web Services, JBOSS, Shell script,, Maven, Terraform, Python .
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
AWS/De vO p s Coordinator
- Designed and deployed multitude applications using most of the AWS stack (like EC2, Route53, S3 buckets, RDS, Dynamo DB, SNS, SQS, IAM, VPC, EBS) focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance and auto-scaling.
- Implemented Security groups for inbound/outbound access, network ACLs for controlling traffic through subnets, Internet Gateways, NAT instances and Route Tables to direct the network traffic and to ensure secure zones for organizations in AWS public cloud.
- Managed the services and resources for the users and managed the permissions for allowing and denying the services using IAM roles and assigned individual policies to each group.
- Implemented LAMP stack image in multitier AWS instances in different subnets in Amazon VPC, attached ACL’s and Security Groups to maintain high security.
- Created Elastic Load Balancers (ELB) with EC2 Auto scaling groups in multiple available zones to achieve fault-tolerance and high availability. Implemented alarm notifications for EC2 hosts with Cloud Watch.
- Managed local Deployments in Kubernetes using OpenShift platform, creating local cluster and deploying application containers.
- Configured Apache webserver in the Linux AWS Cloud environment using Puppet automation
- Implement several cloud infrastructure automation tools like AWS, Chef by using Terraform .
- Used Puppet as Configuration management tool, to automate configurations of broad range of services, quickly deploy critical applications, and proactively manage changes and to monitor scalable infrastructure on AWS.
- Configured and managed Puppet master server and experience in updating and creating modules and delivering them to puppet clients and managing SSL certificate.
- Wrote custom Modules and Manifests for creating LAMP stacks on AWS instances. Performed upgradation of Puppet community and Puppet Enterprise.
- Worked on building and deploying of Java code through Jenkins, and used Jenkins Amazon Web Services Code Deploy plugin to deploy on AWS and worked on AWS Cloud Management.
- Used Splunk as a monitoring tool for puppet for analyzing puppet environment which includes puppet statistics and reports.
- Install, configure and manage Continuous integration, Delivery, Automation and configuration management tools to make the OpenShift cloud setup. Managed all microservices infrastructure with openShift.
- Installation of JIRA, and customization of JIRA for workflow, look & feel, fields, user & group management, bug tracking and creating the dashboard for issues.
- Design and implementation of Puppet-based configuration management system for all new Linux machines to manage Web Applications, Configuration Files, Data Base, Commands, Users Mount Points and Packages.
- Managed Amazon Web Services like EC2, S3 bucket, RDS, EBS, ELB, Auto-Scaling, AMI, IAM through AWS Console and API Integration with Puppet Code.
- Worked with multiple version management tools like CVS, Subversion and TFS.
- Develop and maintain a one-click provisioning system for CoreOS clusters with Vagrant, Virtual box, Vsphere, Vcloud, and physical machines.
- Created the parameterized builds in Jenkins to build the code and property files into multiple environments by using maven profiles
- Assisted developers with applying appropriate branching, naming conventions using GIT source control.
- Configured Jenkins for doing builds in all the non-production and production environments.
- Performed all necessary day-to-day Subversion/GIT support for different projects.
- Created Docker deployment pipeline for custom application images in the cloud using Jenkins
Environment: Red Hat Linux/CentOS, Puppet, Jenkins, Git, Java, Maven, SVN, Linux, AWS-Cloud, AWS Lambda, EC2, Open Stack, Shell/Perl Scripts, Python, SCM, Microservices, TFS, Splunk, Openshift, Tomcat, Jira, AWS, Nexus, Artifactory, Kubernetes, VMware, RPM, SVN
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- Analyse the existing on-premise architecture and come up with cloud architecture and list all services needed to migrate the current architecture including price estimation of resources on AWS.
- Involved in designing and deploying multitude applications utilizing almost all the AWS stack (Including EC2, Route53, S3, SNS, SQS, IAM) focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance, and auto-scaling in AWS.
- Extensively used Ruby scripting on Chef Automation for creating cookbooks comprising all resources Data bags, templates, attributes.
- Implemented packer based scripts for continuous integration with the Jenkins server and deployed packer based scripts on to the Amazon ec2 instances.
- Responsible for applying the Corporation's Software Configuration Management processes to projects, setting up and maintaining GIT/GITHub infrastructure and supporting a continuous delivery model by automating software build and package migration processes.
- Automated the continuous integration and deployments using Jenkins. Built end to end CI/CD Pipelines in Jenkins to retrieve code, compile applications, perform tests and push build artifacts to Nexus.
- Redesigned and redeployed the Nagios implementation so that nodes automatically added/removed themselves via Chef.
- Wrote Python scripts to build custom utilities, data visualization for web apps and manage files and networks.
- Utilized S3 bucket and Glacier for storage and backup on AWS Set up Jenkins server and build jobs to provide continuous automated builds based on polling the GIT during the day and periodic scheduled builds overnight to support development needs using Jenkins, JUnit, Selenium and Maven.
- Worked with Chef Enterprise Hosted as well as on premise. Installed Workstation, Bootstrapped Nodes, Wrote Recipes, cook books and uploaded them to Chef-server.
- Setup and maintain automated environment using Chef Recipes and good understanding on Knife, Chef Bootstrap process etc.
- Worked on the transition project that involved migration activities to Maven from Ant to standardize the build across all the applications. Used Power Shell for automating windows build and deploys.
- Deployed Jenkins for CI/CD, creating jobs with DSL plugin and automate the jobs using polling techniques.
- Extensively Worked on Hudson and Jenkins for Continuous integration and for End to End automation for all Build and Deployments.
- Integrated Jenkins with various DevOps tools such as Nexus, Sonar Qube, and Puppet etc.
- Administered and Engineered Jenkins for managing weekly Build, Test and Deploy chain, SVN/GIT with Development/Test/Production Branching Model for weekly releases.
- Automated Weekly releases with ANT/Maven scripting for Compiling Java Code, Debugging and Placing Builds into Maven Repository.
- Written Chef Cookbooks in Ruby for deploying, configuring and managing collected for metric collection.
- Automated Nagios services for database server, web-server, application-server, networks, file sizes, RAM utilization, Disk performances using Python script in Chef.
Environment: Chef, Git, Subversion, Apache Tomcat, Bamboo, Splunk, Jenkins, Maven, Artifactory, Jira, CentOS, Yum, Python, Shell Scripts.
- Installed, Configured and Maintained Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.x, 6.x Ubuntu and Sun Solaris systems.
- Worked on Virtualizing Red hat servers using vSphere 6.0 and managed ESX servers using vCenter and worked with ESX Cluster and VMotion.
- Perform backups, file replication, and script managements for servers.
- Creating and deploying a VMs in vCenter/Deploying a Bare metal server for databases through Cisco UCS, building Virtual Machines, Cloning & Migrating and Adding processors, RAM, NIC, disks to the VMs.
- Registered all the servers in Redhat Satellite 6 and performed necessary patches.
- Working on building the Linux RHEL servers and Windows servers using VRA Catalogs & blueprints and VRO for ISO templates.
- Working on monitoring larger scale servers on Vmware-vsphere and installing monitoring agents.
- Working on infoblox for assigning IP addresses and host name registrations for Linux and windows servers.
- Responsible for installation and upgrade of patches and packages on RHEL using RPM & YUM.
- Hands on experience in creating volumes and managing filesystems using LVM.
- Involved in creating new users, groups and setup their home directories and appropriate access restrictions to software and directories & files.
- Monitoring the CPU utilization and disk space and memory in Linux machines.
- Managed Virtual Memory and swap space on RedHat Linux Servers.
- Create plan and deploy Nagios monitoring server environment. Manage Nagios High Availability solution.
- Installed and Configured RedHat Linux Kickstart and Solaris jumpstart Servers.
- Experience in volume and filesystem management using Logical Volume Manager (LVM).
- Experience working with HP and IBM Blade centers to consolidate data centers.
- Excellent understanding of JIRA workflows, permission, notification, screen schemes.
- Installed and configured various software applications and packages such as Apache, WebLogic, Oracle 11g.
- Managed user accounts and groups on a large scale in LDAP.
- Troubleshooting and performance tuning of various systems problems such as application, network and hardware related issues.
- Involved with the deployment teams in troubleshooting and fixing day-to-day problems of the applications in production on 24/7 schedule.
Environment: Redhat EL 5.x, 6.x, Redhat Satellite server 6, IBM x3650, IBM HS22 Blade Center, IBM x232,Dell M1000e, SF 440, Infra Enterprise, LDAP, EMC Power Path, EMC-Avamar NetBackup, IBM Storage Manager, HP, Oracle 10g Cisco UCSD&UCSM, Korn shell, VMware ESX6.0, VMware vSphere ESX6.x.
- Worked Primarily on RHEL, HPUX, and Solaris Operating Systems.
- Responsible to solve technical Problems related System administration (Linux of Our Clients).
- Maintaining and Troubleshooting of FTP Server, Samba Server of the client
- Handling the day-to-day Operations, Install software, apply patches, manage file systems, monitoring performance and troubleshoot alerts.
- Maintain 99.98% uptime of LINUX production servers and follow proper escalation.
- Building & configuring Redhat Linux systems over the network, implementing automated tasks through Crontab, resolving tickets according to the priority basis.
- Handling LVM related tasks, Creating, resizing LVM, Veritas Volume manager and also managing Cluster environment using Veritas Cluster suite.
- Handling the day-to-day Operations, Troubleshooting& Solve Server Problems in LINUX.
- Installing and configuring Redhat Linux locally or over the network-kick start- (NFS, FTP, and HTTP).
- Managed patches configuration, version control, service pack and reviews connectivity issues regarding security problems.
- User Administration (setup/maintaining accounts). Maintaining Server and Systems, provide IT support.
- Monitoring system performance, Server load and bandwidth issues.
- Work with DBAs on installation of DB, restoration and performance tuning.
- Installing open source application, search, analyze and develop new application for users.
- Updating Systems, Servers and client software's. Regularly manage backup process for Server and Client data.
- Implement the policies for the users of the computer system and network.
Environment: CentOS 5.7/6, RedhatLinux, Solaris, Ubuntu, HPUX, FeMaven, Crontab.