- I possess over eight years of experience in the design, implementation, and support of various LAN/WAN/WLAN networks, and Microsoft environments. I am highly skilled in telecommunications, interpersonal communications and team facilitation. Employs an unwavering work ethic with an insatiable desire to learn and develop my professional skills.
- 10 years’ plus experience as a Network Engineer with CCNA / CCNA VOIC and CCNP.
- 5 years of progressively responsible experience in designing, implementing and supporting large scale LANs/WANs
- Experience with Nexus (7k,5k,2k and 1000) switches.
- Experience with Palo Alto and Cisco ASA firewall
- Knowledge and experience in designing and managing WAN environments with extensive experience with WAN protocols such as Frame Relay/ATM, HDLC, PPP, Multi - Link PPP,TCP/IP,T1, DS3, OC-3,OC-12, MPLS.
- Possesses a clear understanding of capacity planning in various scenarios. (Single/Redundant Circuits, Load Balancing, Aggregation, etc.).
- Possess a solid understanding of the technologies and their relationship to the OSI Model.
- Possess a Solid understanding of Cisco 1700, 2600, 2800, 3600, 3700, 7200 series routers and Experience with 6500, 7600, 3550, 3560,2960, etc series switches, Juniper M320 and routers (M/T series)
- Extensive experience with interior and exterior routing protocols with advance knowledge of BGP, OSPF, RIP, EIGRP, IS-IS, MPLS (Expert) L2VPN, L2TPv3, L3VPN, MPLS Designs etc.
- Experience in managing and supporting large scale Enterprise LAN/WAN infrastructures using Cisco hardware.
- Experience with Cisco Call Manager design as well as station- and/or trunk-side SIP designs including understanding of SIP Messaging and Call Flows, PBX engineering design background
- Experience in serial communications troubleshooting.
- Ability to analyze information and draw conclusions on performance and trends.
- Support and troubleshoot MPLS L2VPN for sites globally on CE routers.
- Experience in designing, implementing and supporting networks and the various protocols associated with VoIP based on Cisco Technology.
- Experience implementing and supporting QOS and load balancing in the Enterprise network for delivering critical applications.
- Experienced with wireless technologies such as 802.11a/b/g/n
- Advanced experience in designing and configuring all types of CISCO hardware, IOS and CatOS.
- Extensive experience with interior and exterior routing protocols with advance knowledge of BGP, OSPF, RIP, EIGRP, IS-IS, MPLS, ODR etc.
- Solid experience with Intrusion Detection and Intrusion prevention systems.
- Experience with Cisco ASA Firewalls
- Experience with various technologies used to deliver highly redundant networks on all layers of the OSI Model.
- Experience implementing and supporting Quality of Service in the Enterprise network for delivering critical applications.
- Experience with WAN Optimization
- Experience of network monitoring and management tools, such as Solar winds, Orion, Cisco Works, etc.
- Skilled at documenting, designs and policies associated with networks.
- Strong network trouble-shooting, customer service and communication skills.
Confidential, Washington DC
Senior Network Operations Engineer
- Design and implement Cisco 6500 series,3750X series, ASA 5512/5520/5510/5580, 4500 series, ASR series, 5K, 2K, 1000V, UCS and F5
- Manage and remediate security vulnerabilities
- Design and manage Confidential wireless infrastructure WLC 2500, 4400 and 5508, WCS
- Design, implement and manage Sourcefire, ASA 5510/5550/5515, ACS, UCS, NSX, VMware and VXLAN.
- Design, implement and manage Nexus 7K, 2K, 9K, 4500, ASR9000, F5, Cisco Prime, and ISE
- Plan, design and implement a new office for over 300 FERC employees
- Providing technical expertise to solve complex problems on project
- Responsible for all LAN and WAN infrastructural design
Confidential, Laurel, MD
- Support and troubleshoot Cisco 3650, 3850, 4500, Nexus 5 and 7k’s switches and routers ASR 903, 1003, ISR 4451 and microwave network systems.
- Evaluates the day-to-day data network communication systems to ensure optimum performance.
- Utilizes network tools like Gigamon, Riverbed AppResponse, Omipeek, Solar wind and Wireshark for troubleshooting and monitoring
- Performs network analysis and prepares network/infrastructure diagrams and other technical documentation in a comprehensive and timely manner.
- Make recommendations for data networking equipment including routers, switches, and network transmission equipment to ensure that these products support the business needs
- Perform network upgrades and Vlan segmentation.
Confidential, Herndon, VA
Network Engineer/ Consulting
- Troubleshoot and Support Cisco 6500 series,3750X series, ASA 5512/5520/5510/5580, 4500 series, ASR series, 7200/7600 series, WAAS etc.
- Manage IP Network including OSPF, MP-BGP, MPLS, Traffic Engineering, IPv6 and Quality of Service.
- Configured Cisco Nexus 7k/5k/2k switches for VPC, Vlans,Private Vlans, MST and 802.1q for Top of the Rack switches and Distribution layer switches
- Configure VLAN, VTP, STP and 802.1q trunking on layer 2 and layer 3 switches
- Configured Ether-channel using LACP protocol for Bandwidth Enhancement.
- Router memory & IOS upgrade with TFTP
- Implement HSRP for multilayer switching in Cisco 6509 core switch
- Frequently Support client Data center and migrations.
- Support client wireless infrastructure, WLC 4400/5508, WCS, NCS.
- Responding to trouble calls, tasking tickets, to identify chronic problem areas and measure services effectiveness.
- Develops project scope to include work services estimate, services, resource assignments, allocations, and statements of work for assigned projects
- Conduct other task as assigned (system and network consulting)
- Assist with resolving major impact incidents as required
- Responding to trouble calls, tasking tickets, and maintaining a trouble call system to identify chronic problem areas and measure services effectiveness.
Confidential, Herndon, VA
- Maintain technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, multiplexers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc. Analyze, design, test, and evaluate network systems, such as local area networks (LAN) and wide area networks (WAN).
- Optimize LAN and WAN performance, configure, reports and monitoring application in a 24*7 enviro
- Monitor and troubleshoot over 3000 network devices
- Support all network hardware troubleshooting, backup and recovery, email communication and application support.
- Support and troubleshooting remote networking.
- Maintaining and troubleshooting company’s MPLS based network, utilizing VRF Lite and BGP across 180+ sites. Sites consisting of T1, T3, OC-3 and OC-12 based circuits, using Cisco based platforms of 2800/2900, 3800/3900 and ASR 1002 routers with switches of 2950/2960,3550/3560,3750, and 6500.
- Perform packet capture and network analysis utilizing tools like Scrutinizer, Splunk, Cisco Works, Stat seeker, Wireshark and Cisco Prime Network Analysis Module, Speed test, WebTop, Opnet VNE Server etc. To troubleshoot issues across the LAN, WAN and Data Centers.
Confidential, Alexandria, VA
- Act as Cisco Network and design Consultant to many clients.
- Support and manage clients 2960 and 3560 switches and 2811, 6500, 3845 ISR series routers remotely.
- Configuring and installing network-related equipment, including Cisco 7960, 7940 VoIP Telephones for clients.
- System administrator for Microsoft environments to many clients’ offices.
- Helpdesk support for clients offices.
- Design, plan, and implement network communications systems for clients.
- Provide specifications and detailed schematics for network architecture for clients.
- Provide specific detailed information for hardware and software selection for clients and maintenances Desktops, laptops, printers, etc.
- Implement techniques and tools for the most efficient solution to meet clients business needs
- Conduct testing of network designs for clients.
- Demonstrate and maintain technical expertise in all areas of client’s network, computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing to include routers, firewalls, hubs, bridges and gateways for clients.
- Evaluate and report on new communications technologies to enhance capabilities of client’s network
Helpdesk and Network engineer
- Responsible for Network connectivity (LAN/WAN/WLAN)
- Manage the organization Microsoft 2003/2008 server system for Active Directory, GPO, DFS, clustering, DNS, WINS, replications, etc.
- Support and manage all Cisco routers and Switches configurations e.g. VLANs, Adding new routes, New WAN Sites installation, MPLS Design and Troubleshooting.
- Manage Cisco unified communication manager environments and Cisco Call Manager Express (3845 VOIP ROUTER) for remote offices with SRST support.
- Helpdesk support to all corporate offices for windows and network support.
- Troubleshoot issues, and performance problems, across LAN and WAN environments, including
- Providing top-level support for all help desk, application support, telecom, and other departments.
- Manage and monitor all applications and resources as applicable for all IT operations, also manage the organization remote backup data center.