- IT MANAGER / NETWORK ENGINEERING / INFORMATION SECURITY
- Enterprise Network Design Disaster Recovery Design/Implementation Technical Support Network Security
- Accomplished technology professional with more than 18 years of relevant design, engineering, implementation, support and project management experience. IT Management and Network Engineering positions held with fortune 500 companies, a $10B global retailer and a nationally recognized Confidential University committed to excellence in technology, among others. IT Director at a non - for-profit raceway with international presence.
- A resourceful manager and engineer with demonstrated success employing holistic methodologies to efficiently implement enterprise project initiatives, while maintaining best practices to ensure successful integration of legacy systems and new technologies.
- Progressive, customer-focused professional committed to working with end-user communities in the interest of developing solutions geared towards enhancing work processes, improving productivity, and reducing expenses.
- Successful negotiator and cultivator of strategic vendor relationships, garnering superior support mechanisms and focused solution development.
- Dynamic team player committed to contributing to high-performance teams by practicing collaborative, supportive group dynamics while exploring individual autonomy and growth through ownership and accountability.
KEY AREAS OF KNOWLEDGE:
- Information Security
- Wide Area / Local Area Network Technologies
- CRM, Supply Chain, POS & Direct Sales Systems
- Network Systems Administration & Design
- Disaster Recovery / Business Continuity
- IT Project Management
- Desktop Integration and Support
- Defining & Maintaining Quality of Service Standards
- Service Level Agreements
- PBX / Telephony
- Data Centers
- Strategic Planning, Prioritization & Implementation
TECHNICAL PROFICIENCIES AND SUPPORT EXPERIENCE:
Platforms: Windows 95/98/NT/2000/XP/2003/Vista, Mac OS, OS/400, NetWare, Unix, Linux, Openstack (cloud)
Hardware: Alcatel, Adtran, Arista, Aruba, CheckPoint, Cisco, Dell, Enterasys/Cabletron, F5, HP/Compaq, IBM, Juniper/Netscreen, Lucent/Avaya, Nokia, Packeteer, Symbol, 3com, Sonic Wall, Trapeze, Cisco (Nexus), Mellanox (Infiniband), Juniper SRX
Networking: OSI, TCP/IP, IPX/SPX, DNS, WINS, DHCP, NAT, Wireless, VRF, VoIP, SNA, Ethernet, BGP, MPLS, EIGRP, STP, OSPF, VoFR, DSL, VPN, CMTS
Telecommunications: Metro Ethernet, OC-x, DS-x, T1, ISDN, POTS, Frame Relay, ATM, Cable, DSL
POS Systems: JDA WinDSS, Microsoft RMS, Custom Systems
Tools: and Applications HP OpenView, Juniper NSM, CiscoWorks, SolarWinds, WhatsUp Gold, Symposium, Sniffer/Wireshark, IBM Director, CheckPoint Suite, Nokia Voyager, Visio, Websense, VMWare, Tigerpaw, Peachtree, Netdisco, Big Brother, Statseeker
LEAD NETWORK ENGINEER
- Installation and configuration of Cisco ACS and migration from Microsoft IAS for AAA.
- Integration of mobile development office location in Boulder, CO.
- Consolidation from multiple Internet service providers to leverage partner relationship.
- Design, installation, and migration for transition from full mesh VPN to nation wide MetroE for WAN connectivity.
- Upgrade and migration of client VPN to geographically redundant solution.
- Call Manager and Unity upgrade adding Unified Presence (Jabber), Webex, and Telepresence for all sites.
- Design, build, installation, and migration for new corporate office in Jacksonville, FL
- Installation and migration to Solarwinds and LiveAction network monitoring systems.
- Upgrade and migration of Safeword two factor authentication system.
- Maintenance agreement trueups
- Design, build, and installation of new executive office in Sunnyvale, CA
- Design and build of network for new state of the art on-demand apparel production and distribution facility.
- Design and implementation of network for new prospective client relations office.
- Design and build and phased migration of network for east coast corporate headquarters and customer service center.
- Assessment and redesign of VoIP and data LAN and WAN for 15 corporate sites, four distribution centers and two Corporate data centers.
- SiteSpect engineering and implementation for key sites.
- Assessment and redesign of network for two production eCommerce data centers.
- Operational support of multiple production eCommerce data centers using Cisco Nexus switching, ASR1000 routers, ASA5500-X firewalls, F5 3600, Viprion 2400 load balancers with ASM.
- Integration NASCAR trackside LOB office and fulfillment center in Charlotte, NC.
- Architecture of Dev, QC, and Prod internal Corp and customer facing Ecommerce VPCs for AWS cloud environment
SENIOR NETWORK ENGINEER
- Research, test, evaluate, and recommend telecommunications, network infrastructure, and network security systems.
- Design and implementation of new collocated network infrastructure.
- Assessment and redesign of corporate wide VoIP and data network.
- Network firewall configuration and management.
- Development and documentation of procedures for installation, use, and solving of hardware and software communications problems.
- Performance and capacity monitoring and reporting.
- Responsible for the technical review / approval of network level changes and implementation of the complex changes.
- Development of network policies and procedures, system documentation, technical standards and guidelines.
- Operational support of 12 corporate office networks using Catalyst 2900, 3700, 4500, 6500 switches, Cisco 3800, 3900, 7200 routers, Juniper J and SRX series routers/firewalls, Cisco PIX 500, ASA5500, ASA5500-X firewalls, 4400, 5500 WLCs.
- Managed team to support eCommerce data center networks systems for top eCommerce company with four data centers, 8 remote offices. Designed solutions for network performance, stability improvement, and company initiatives. Provided senior level experience, leadership and mentoring to network engineering team.
- Relocation of a data center of more than 5,000 nodes from New York to Utah.
- Design and implementation of a network to support outsourced customer service call centers using SAP BCM/CRM based VoIP platform.
- Upgrade of full data center network including all firewalls, load balancers, routing and switching equipment.
- Upgrade of data center interconnect network to support 10Gb metroE.
- Design and build out of two new office networks in Palo Alto CA.
- Designed, configured and managed migration of MCART/NETCART networks to meet requirements for PCI compliance.
- Recommended and configured RANCID to address the immediate need of configuration backups for .com network equipment.
- Designed and configured a solution to allow vendor access into development resources at the Palo Alto office while maintaining security restrictions between vendors to comply with vendor contracts.
- Managed project for upgrade of store head-end circuits servicing over 700 retail locations
- Participated as part of a team on major datacenter relocation from NYC to Westbury, NY.
- Managed project to identify network/application performance management product.
- Introduced the use of standard operating procedures (SOPs) and created templates for team to use.
- Collaborated with MCI to re-design WAN in order to support telepresence.
- Designed network infrastructure and connectivity for Shanghai office and worked with Dimension Data in China for office setup and migration.
- Redesigned MPLS network servicing .com remote offices and partner networks to separate corporate and partner networks for improved security and performance.
- Designed and implemented data center network from a collapsed design with Catalyst 6500 switches to Nexus multi layer architecture Ethernet fabric.
- Designed solution to provide network access to a single IP network simultaneously at SunGard and the NJ data center to allow a per server migration to the new disaster recovery location.
- Introduced the use of industry standard Root Cause Analysis (RCA) approach for issue analysis, allowing for process improvement, fewer inefficiencies in support efforts, and to aid in maximizing effectiveness of future planned changes. Created RCA and Action Plan documentation templates for team to use going forward to support this process.
- Operational support of multiple corporate office networks in the US as well as international locations with Cisco centric networks using Catalyst 2900,3700, 4500, 6500 series switches, Melanox switches, 3800,3900,7200 series routers, PIX 500 series ASA 5500 series firewalls, Checkpoint firewalls, and 4400, 5500 WLCs.
- Operational support of multiple production eCommerce data centers using Catalyst 6500 switching, Nexus 7k, 5k, 2k switching, ASR1000 routers, ASA5500, 5500-X firewalls, F5 1600, 3600, 3900, Viprion 2400 load balancers with ASM.
SENIOR NETWORK ENGINEER / INFORMATION SECURITY COORDINATOR
- Designed and implemented a multi-VRF security architecture
- Designed, implemented and supported 1000+ home residential CMTS network
- Managed internal and external Juniper firewalls with multi-security zone architecture
- Collaborated on campus-wide Aruba wireless implementation of 398 APs and 5 controllers
- Redesigned and supported routing and switching architecture for 60+ building campus
- Designed and implemented QoS architecture to support campus-wide VoIP system and IP Video Surveillance System
- Implemented Cisco Access Control System
- Managed Cisco NAC
- Implemented and managed Juniper SSL VPN
- Supported campus multi-gigabit internet and community networking connections
- Responsibilities as Information Security Coordinator:
- Development of an incident response program
- Recommend membership for the CSIRT team
- Outline and procure the tools required for effective and efficient incident response
- Development of an Information Security Awareness Program
- Development of a data loss prevention program to include:
- Recommendations for inventorying information assets - identifying level 1 and level 2 data sources
- Development of controls to protect information assets
- Development of a data encryption protocol for users with access to level 1 and level 2 protected data
- Development of the Campus Information Security Program
- Development of additional policies and procedures to support and enforce information security.
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
- Managed volunteer groups for support of track computer networks and systems
- Installed and managed Cisco Pix Firewall
- Distributed track connections via DSL and LRE
- Diverse POP Internet via DS3 and Microwave connections
- Managed and supported track-wide Trapeze wireless network
- Managed and supported migration to Windows 2003 Active Directory
- Managed and supported upgrades to and maintenance of Microsoft Exchange Server
- Optimized, upgraded and supported Microsoft RMS Point of Sale systems
- Implemented best practices for system back-ups, maintenance schedules and standardization
SENIOR NETWORK ENGINEER / SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR
- Configured and deployed company-wide utilized CRM software suite, which included the development of a customized integration point. Between the CRM and the accounting software module, providing the company with a centralized billing and customer service solution.
- Managed internal Microsoft Exchange server upgrades, backups, restores and general systems administration.
- Provided sales force with pre and post sales engineering workups for existing and potential customers.
- Provided installation support for technical team and on-site support and installation for customer sites.
- Led BES enterprise server project for company wide PDA and Exchange integration.
SENIOR NETWORK ENGINEER
- Acted as chief network engineer and core project team member on major company initiative to migrate wide area network from one telecom provider using frame relay to another using DMVPN over public networks. Responsible for the design, upgrade and implementation plans for all locations, including all project and support documentation.
- Instrumental in the design, development, documentation and implementation of enterprise Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Plans.
- Migrated enterprise from redundant CheckPoint firewalls to load balanced, redundant Cisco firewall service modules resulting in improved dependability and service levels and reduced operating costs.
- Facilitated enterprise and retail systems long distance contract negotiations resulting in a yearly cost reduction of $350,000.
- Implemented centralized network management and alarm notification systems resulting in improved response and resolution times.
- Responsible for creating all enterprise network diagrams and documentation for existing architecture, go-forward design model, disaster recovery and business continuity as well as project specific initiatives as needed
- Designed retail systems central credit card authorization network infrastructure resulting in reduced authorization time from 1-2 minutes to 2-5 seconds.
- Partnered in the development of internal SLA’s covering network performance and availability for enterprise network and retail systems.
- Acted as chief engineer on and oversaw delivery of OC-12 facility and cutover from copper to fiber optic network.
- Stabilized retail systems Frame Relay network by facilitating multi-vendor re-engineering and re-design efforts to address excessive packet loss.
- Responsible for all network design, engineering, implementation and 3 rd level support for construction of state-of-the-art 50,000 square foot warehouse facility as well as two 25,000 square foot superstores using both wired and wireless networking.
- Spearheaded Data Center re-construction and systems consolidation including cabling, power distribution, and HVAC.
- Sponsored and designed catalog sales and support call center VoIP pilot utilizing Cisco and Nortel IP telephony hardware.
- Established enterprise conference bridge presence utilizing corporate PBX infrastructure, thus eliminating carrier conference bridge service dependency and associated charges.
- Designed and installed redundant core Gigabit switched backbone supporting enterprise and retail systems including 500+ multi-platform servers (Windows, OS/400, Novell, Unix, Linux, Novell, Mac OS) and over 5000 end-users.
- Developed phased network security upgrade including selection, procurement, and installation of firewall appliance, proxy server, and content management system.
SENIOR NETWORK & SYSTEMS SUPPORT SPECIALIST
- Led enterprise network migration from ISDN to Frame Relay for all retail locations.
- Oversaw retail systems POS, workstation, and back-office server technical refresh for 235 retail stores including OS, and POS software version upgrade.
- Established and trained tier-based retail systems Help Desk teams to provide network integration and software version rollout support.
- Instrumental in the continued development of customized JDA WIN/DSS POS software and database access including QA, version control, and software rollouts.
- Installed centralized, redundant retail systems polling servers resulting in reduced polling times and improved network performance.
- Implemented enterprise and retail systems VoFR telephony, significantly reducing long distance expenses.
- Spearheaded development of combined POS/Server appliance to accommodate remote selling events such as trade shows and “tent sales”.