More than 15+ years of experience in the Information Technology industry in the areas of overseeing, supervising, planning and coordinating, engineering, supporting, and systems administration. Specialize in organizing and implementing projects to their completion. In addition, knowledge and experience with being hands - on, configuring, troubleshooting, securing, and supporting Microsoft Windows operations and maintenance environment. Detail-oriented, self-motivated, work independently, willingness to succeed, customer-focus, excellent communication skills, and capable to succeed in a fast-paced environment.
Operating Systems: Windows 2016, Windows 2012 R2, Windows 2008 R2, Windows 10, Windows 8.1, and Windows 7
Databases: Experience with Microsoft SQL 2012/2008 R2/2008/2005/Express and Oracle10g R2/11g/11g R2
Virtual Technology: VMWare ESXi 6.0, Microsoft Hyper-V 2012 R2\2008, and Citrix XenServer\VDI
Hardware: HP Proliant, Dell Poweredge, IBM, Dell Optiplex, Panasonic Toughbooks, and Surface Pro 4 Tablets
Software: Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Visio, SCCM, SCVMM, SCOM, Exchange, SharePoint, Citrix Receiver, Citrix Desktop Studio, Citrix XenApp, McAfee Suite, Remedy, Oracle Enterprise Manager, Acronis, LANDesk, BigFix, Quest Active Roles, 90Meter, Splunk, PortQry, Backup Exec, e.POWER, PsExec, and Powershell
Other Technology: WDS, MDT, DHCP, DNS, IIS, WSUS, GPO, NLB, Microsoft Failover Clustering, Cluster Shared Volumes, MPIO, P2V, WMI, Certificates, Configuration Manager, RAID Levels (0/1/5/6/ 10)
Security: Nessus, SCAP, MBSA, IATT, ATO, SSP, DIACAP, RMF, POA&M, IAVM, Risk Acceptance
Systems Support Lead/Senior Windows System Engineer
- Manage Account Provisioning team supporting multiple classified (HSDN\C-LAN) Active Directory domain networks consisting of 10,000+ users and over 700+ sites.
- Provide supervision over the Service Level Agreement (SLA) team to ensure established service level agreements and objectives are consistently met, and make certain monthly SLA reports are provided as a deliverable to the customer.
- Manage and oversee the Circuits Provisioning team handling coordination and deployment of DHS site circuit orders.
- Support Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) team for scheduling\ coordination with issuance of mandatory user account tokens.
- Work closely and interact with government leads; Program Managers, Project Managers, ISSO, ISSM, COR, State & Local, and component stakeholders to process Accounts Management approval requests.
- Process and review final approval of roles base privileged user accounts and user assignment.
- Execute powershell queries against Active Directory to generate ad-hoc user reports for DHS agency components.
- Lead and advise team through operational issues and adhere to strict policy requirements in a classified environment.
- Provision and deprovision classified account request using Quest Active Roles (Process 50-75 Account Request per day)
- Work with HR and recruiters to review new job requisitions. Conduct and perform interviews with potential new hires.
- Generate and provide monthly DHS User Account status deliverable report for all classified components and agencies.
- Designated as a Federal Emergency Response Official in support of DHS Continuity of Operations (COOP).
- Provide coaching, mentoring, and training with NG PDP (Professional Development Program) Systems Engineers and Business Analysts while on ENSS program rotation.
Senior Windows Systems Engineer
- Provide engineering support for development, unclassified, and classified (300+ servers and workstation) environments.
- Manage and maintain; Citrix, DNS, DHCP, GPO, AD (10,000+ Users), Print Services (500+ Print Servers).
- Implement hardware Windows tech refresh project to upgrade and replace physical Domain Controllers at remote sites.
- Install patches, updates, and hardware upgrades necessary to improve the health of the servers.
- Manage, provision, and allocate virtual server resources using VMware vCenter.
- Install McAfee Virus Scan, Agents, and HIPS software on Windows workstations and servers.
- Implement DISA/USGCB STIG GPO hardening policies for: Windows 2012 R2\2008 R2\ 7\ 10\IE\ Office 2013\2010.
- Build, STIG, capture, and deploy Windows 10 Enterprise Surface Pro 4 tablets (50+) for special executive classified project.
- Work with internal Security team to conduct SCAP and Nessus scans on new system builds for security C&A efforts.
- Setup, maintain, and implement Windows Deployment Services (WDS) server for imaging Windows 7 \10 images.
- Utilize Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT) for building, capturing (WIM), and deploying desktop images.
- Provide, support, and implement monthly patch management efforts (LANDesk and WSUS) for Windows based servers and workstations.
Senior Systems Integration Engineer
- Maintain and manage 250+ (VMware) Windows Server development environment consisting of (8) separate domains.
- Support development efforts: Building\configuring VMs, creating domains, testing install procedures and documentation.
- Work with developers and integration teams to implement hot fixes into development and production systems.
- Implement and test NIST STIG GPO hardening policies in development environment: Windows 2012 Domain Controller, Windows 2012 Member Server, SharePoint 2013, and SQL 2012 DB.
- Spearhead ATO efforts to secure and harden vulnerabilities findings for Windows OS and COTS/ GOTS applications.
- Setup, configure, and maintain Windows 2012 R2 WSUS server for patch management of Windows servers.
- Open Microsoft Premier case(s) and work with Microsoft engineers to troubleshoot and resolve Windows related issues.
- Run Nessus and SCAP vulnerability scans against Windows servers and mitigate identified vulnerabilities.
- Utilize Splunk server to run and formulate queries on production servers to assist in troubleshooting efforts.
Senior Windows Systems Engineer
- Provide systems administration for 300+ Windows Servers (Classified and Unclassified).
- Maintain and manage AD user account access on Trusted Thin Client (TTC) via Distribution Console (DC).
- Manage and maintain Windows infrastructure servers; DNS, DHCP, GPO, Active Directory, and File & Print Services.
- Review and mitigate Nessus security vulnerability scans reports for (5) separate Windows AD domains.
- Work closely with ISSO and other security teams to address Windows vulnerability assessment and remediation solutions.
- Deploy and manage Windows Patch Management for all Windows servers and workstations via Bigfix/ WSUS.
- Maintain infrastructure hypervisors and VDI workstations via Citrix; XenCenter, Desktop Studio, and XenApp.
- Create, modify, and implement NIST/USGCB STIGs via GPO for Domain Controllers, Member Servers, and Win7 systems.
- Responsible for resolving and documenting Plan of Action & Milestones (POA&M) reports for Windows vulnerabilities.
Senior Windows Systems Engineer
Confidential, Reston VAResponsibilities:
- Provide enterprise production support and systems administration for 750+ Windows 2003/2008/2008 R2/2012 servers. Consisting of physical and virtual environments (Hyper-V and VMware).
- Create, manage, and administer multiple AD domains consisting of 4,000+ user accounts.
- Lead engineer to deploy Microsoft security patch management to 750+ Windows servers and 5,000 workstations via SCCM.
- Research, investigate, and mitigate all security patching vulnerabilities identified from DOI network security team.
- Responsible for managing and administrating multiple SCCM 2007 R2 management point environments.
- Create and modify SCCM collections, update lists, management templates, and patching deployment packages.
- Create, edit, and maintain reservations and scopes on DHCP servers.
- Implement and deploy a (3) node Microsoft Hyper-V 2008 R2 cluster environment with high availability.
- Utilize System Center Operations Manager (SCOM) to monitor all Hyper-V virtual servers and generate reports to management to identify hardware bottlenecks and high utilization.
- Convert existing physical Windows server into virtual machines (P2V) for server consolidation (Hyper-V and VMware).
IT Manager - Senior Systems Engineer
Confidential, Chantilly VAResponsibilities:
- Manage and oversee Systems Engineering team; provide Windows engineering support and systems administration.
- Research new technologies and provide technical solutions and recommendations.
- Work with Help Desk team to respond, support, and troubleshoot Tier1, Tier2, and Tier3 escalating issues.
- Manage and maintain corporate Microsoft Exchange 2007 server. General duties include: create/disable user mailboxes, manage user access permission, and enforce storage quotas, email size restrictions, and create\edit distribution groups.
Senior Systems Engineer
- Provide systems engineer supporting for development, production, and operations maintenance systems.
- Supervise and support engineering efforts which include: technical planning, system requirements, and systems analysis.
- Responsible for performing installation, setup and configuration of Microsoft Windows server environments.
- Build prototypes, proof of concepts, and pilot systems for business requirement opportunities.
- Implement a cost-effective initiative to utilize Virtual technology by employing Microsoft Virtual Server, and Hyper-V.
- Manage and perform general DBMS database administration with Oracle and SQL environments.