Data Communications Specialist and Network Engineer with over 35 years experience in network design, installation and troubleshooting both wireless, wide area networks and local area networks using Cisco hardware. Recent training includes Implementing and Configuring Cisco Identity Services Engine v1.3.
Senior Network Engineer/Platforms Engineer, SeniorResponsibilities:
- Responsible for design, implementation, and support of LAN for 17 locations.
- Support wireless infrastructure for new corporate headquarters with 2 factor authentication to follow established security protocols.
- Experience with Check Point firewalls used at central Healthcare business location.
- Work with end users and local techs of various disciplines to resolve day to day issues.
- Ongoing design, implementation, and support working with corporate WAN team to support remote office connectivity while adhering to HIPAA standards for the Healthcare business.
- Relocated LAN for 850 end users over 3 weekends with no unscheduled network interruptions.
- Installled Cisco 5508 wireless controllers and 3415 ISEs to support secure wireless connectivity.
- Supported multiple remote office moves and acquisitions. Worked with Facilities, Telephony, WAN team, Desktop, and other disciplines to complete those projects on time.
- Designed and installed 2 6509e switches as redundant cores of corporate LAN and 3750 POE switches in individual IDFs for IP phone implementation and data connectivity for 850 users.
- Installed Cisco Telepresence system in Confidential office.
- Installed 3750 and 3850 POE switches at remote offices to support IPT deployment.
- Gained knowledge and experience working with IT and network HIPAA requirements.
- Consulted with clients regarding hardware and network requirements for Human Resource and Payroll product.
- Was responsible for troubleshooting and resolution of all client hardware and communication problems.
- Set up X.25 links to large clients for connectivity to product.
- Maintained and monitored all data communications for Interactive Personnel and Payroll Division.
- Provided interface between Network Control Staff and Application Support to resolve communication problems.
- Evaluated communications equipment for reliability and compatibility with application software.
- Installed Novell LAN for applications development of LAN - based payroll product and served as assistant LAN Administrator.
- Wrote DCL programs to monitor errors and link status.
- Provided inhouse terminal and hardware support as group expanded 75%.
Network Control Shift Supervisor
- Responsible for monitoring and maintaining public X.25 packet switch network during shift.
- Supervised three technicians and oversaw daily workflow and ongoing project management.
- Achieved network reliability of 99.5% availability of commercial processors over a period of four years.
New York, NYResponsibilities:
- Monitored and maintained regional network communications center.
- Hired and supervised three technicians and wrote performance appraisals and salary reviews.
- Prepared site for computer equipment and installed all equipment in new data center.
- Established connections to local and remote network nodes.
- Scheduled field installations at remote sites.