Accomplished Service Delivery professional with significant contributions in IT industry & USAF. Strong ITSM history. Robust global team building & leadership skills guiding global teams to timely, successful and quality service level completions. Thrives in opportunities to share & mentor leveraging customer & personal expertise & lessons learned. Held multi - vendor certifications: Brainbench; Novel CNA; A+; Security+; IBM Tivoli Storage Manager. Currently enrolled in Online continual training programs. Looking to transition into systems or application administration or an IT Managerial role.
IT Systems EngineerResponsibilities:
- Windows & Linux clients within a multi-tenant ESXi server & VMWare virtualized environments. ID & System Management available via Active Directory or LDAP. Implement Sudo as part of system security.
- Administer AIX/Linux & Windows platforms acting as Spectrum Protect Servers & Media Managers. on a Global scale (16+ sites stateside & off-shore resources) in/out of clustered environments. As well as Stand-by Disaster Recovering systems within IBM facilities.
- Manage all Tape libraries (all sizes), including media management, operations and maintenance.
- Participate in making technical recommendations for tactical and strategic directions.
- Lead Proof of Concept Projects; (Sybase ASE - SAP & SAP HANA - Sharepoint), conduct technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure based on business requirements.
Sr. Engineer Tivoli Storage ManagerResponsibilities:
- Proof of Concept project - Electronic Vaulting; Configure and evaluate the operations and performance of Amerivault between Michigan and Evault lab in MA.
- Evaluation/Implementation & Support of TSM add-on products such as Data Protection Agents for Websphere, Oracle (8-9-10G via ASM Mgt), SAP, SQL, Exchange & EMC Disk Management options.
- Regularly report on TSM configurations, backup requirements to include capacity planning/resource utilization and security issues are ITIL goals are met and keep up to date.
Technical Analyst; Systems Dept/Enterprise Storage ComponentResponsibilities:
- Maintenance of ACSLS & Gresham software tape library management
- Creating Crystal Reports & CARS (Central ADSM Reporting System) for capacity planning, disk & tape management, client/server monitoring and reporting.
- Internal audits to insure compliance.
- Support Internet B2C Solutions projects.
- Provide continual guidance and direction supporting Confidential business goals.
Open Systems AdministrationResponsibilities:
- Maintained a continuous 95% or higher SLA ratio.
- Responsible for the deployment & management of each system platform(HW), OS and their supported applications (SW); LAN/WAN; Mail servers (Domino & MS Exchange); Active Directory, File Servers.
- New projects releases, forecasting business growth, capacity planning, change control and security measures.
- Monitor & Perform system performance & capacity planning analysis.
- Provide technical support & repair of server’s functionality, reconstruction, application consolidations, upgrades and maintenance support. Printers, tape libraries/autoloaders maintenance & support.
- Successfully Backup/recover & perform DR testing when scheduled.