Self - motivated and detail-oriented Linux Systems Administrator with hands on experience in IT systems administration and interest in networking, seeking a challenging assignment and responsibility, with an opportunity for growth and career advancement as well as successful achievements to further the growth and success of the company.
- Five (5) years of experience as a Linux System Administrator
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Very proficient in using Command Line Interface (CLI) and GUI administration
- Competency in the use of Microsoft office ® and MS Visual Studio
- Hands on experience configuring and managing TCP/IP networking on RHEL systems
- Hands on experience installing and configuring DHCP, DNS, NFS server, Apache HTTP, Apache Tomcat, Nginx Web Server, and OpenSSH, LDAP, Kerberos
- Experience with Confidential Shell and Python scripting
- Possess good Linux Systems (100 - 500 physical and virtual servers) troubleshooting skills
- Linux (Redhat, CentOS, Ubuntu/Debian), Windows Server (2008, 2012, 2016)
- Dell PowerEdge R730, R920 servers, Dell OptiPlex 9040 server
- HP (ProLiant D980, DL380e, DL580)
- Remedy 9, NetBackup 7x
- Knowledge of Puppet, AWS and Cloud management
- In-depth Knowledge of LAN/WAN, VPN, Nagios, VMware ESXi, Oracle VM, MySQL Database.
Confidential, Silver Spring, MD
Linux System Administrator
- Created, configured, and diagnosed user and group permissions to facilitate System security.
- Experience in creation and managing user accounts, security, rights, disk space and process monitoring in RedHat Linux
- Configuring SUDO and granting root permission to users for performing certain activities.
- Managing systems routine backup, scheduling jobs like disabling and enabling cron jobs, enabling system logging, network logging of servers for maintenance, performance tuning, testing.
- Installation and upgradation of packages and patches configuration management, service pack & reviewing network connectivity issues
- Managed software packages on RedHat Linux servers using rpm and yum
- Performed User/Group Account Administration; implemented password aging; monitored logins
- Installed third-party applications on Linux servers
- Created Confidential shell scripts to automate cron jobs and system maintenance. Scheduled cron jobs for job automation.
- Work with security team to modifying application users' password policies, group policy, UID and GID assignment policies.
- Monitored the performance of the system using top, sar, ps, vmstat, netstat, iostat, and cpuinfo to check the CPU utilization, bottlenecks of I/O devices, memory usage and network traffic.
- Experience creating and managing various file systems using LVM and, also configured filesystems through network using NFS, NAS, SAN methodologies and installed RAID devices.
- Maintained system accounting files and logs and systems error logs
- Installed and implemented new patches to the Linux operating system software.
- Perform server installation using Kickstart, Network, and DVD on physical servers, VMware.
- Installing and configuring Apache Webserver and supporting them on Linux production servers.
- Implemented NFS, AutoFS, FTP, DNS, DHCP for administrative and project requirements as well SAMBA server for windows and Linux connectivity
- Implement Linux server hardening using iptables, TCP Wrappers and ACLs on Red Hat Linux servers.
- Check alert logs, trace files and file System maintenance using requisite system tools.
- Supported developer in the installation and configuration of puppet master and agent for automated deployments
- Decommissioning of the old servers and keeping track or decommissioned and new servers using inventory list.
- Troubleshoot various systems problems such as application related issues, network related issues, hardware related issues etc.