- 7 years of extensive experience in Unix System Administration in Red Hat Linux 4/5/6/7 .
- In a UNIX server environment, performs installation, customization and maintenance of the operating system and system software products in support of business processing requirements.
- Managing Sever Farm consisting of 800+ Rack optimized Linux Clusters.
- Extensive experience with Built Nodes using automated scripts (Kickstart scripts)
- Experience with configuration management tools Puppet, Ansible.
- Experience with python Fabricfor local pathching work.
- Worked with NGINXfor load balancing and reverse proxy.andmaking configuration changes using above automation tools.
- Working Knowledge of ElasticsearchLogstashKibanaclusters for extensive error log monitoring and data auditing.
- Strong familiarity with Bash Shell and Python scripting.
- Maintain status of assigned issues in UnboundID’s issue tracker.
- Experience insetting up docker service and build docker containers.
- Worked on SAN technology including zoning, disk creation on various systems, maintaining and configuring various fiber switches and storages. Worked with NetApp storage.
- Improved system availability by installing Nagios Monitoring tool.
- Installed & configured Veritas storage foundation such as VCS, VxVM, & VERITAS Netbackup.
- Planned, documented and supported high availability, data replication,fail - over and fall-back Solutions using Veritas Cluster Server 5.0, 5.1 in SAN environment.
- Coordinated with SAN Team for storage allocation and Disk Dynamic Multi pathing. Worked on Various SAN Products like Net App, EMC Symmetrix, Hitachi data systems.
- RDBMS installation and support for Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL.
- Worked with Backup Team to Configure the Master and Client Backup servers Using Veritas Net Back up.
- Working Knowledge on Veritas Storage foundation (VSF) and Veritas Volume Replicator (VVR).
- Experience in setting up LANs and WANs.
- Experience in creating grok patterns in logstash.
- Competitive Analysis and understanding of SDN portfolio.
- Good knowledge of Cloud Server, Storage and Networking systems.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively. 24x7 on call support.
OS: Red Hat 3.x/4.x/5.x/6.x/7.x, Ubuntu, CentOS, Fedora and
NoSQL DB: Elasticsearch, Couchbase.
Software: NGINX, HAproxy, memcache, Elastic Beats, Logstash.
LINUX Administration: Bash Scripting, YUM, RPM, FTP, Putty, gzip, tar.
Security: OpenSSH, SSL.
Monitoring: Appdynamics, Kibana, Grafana
Misc Network: NIS, NFS, DHCP, DNS, Samba, NTP, Telnet, VPN.
Storage /Distributed: EMC (SAN, NAS) and NetApp (SAN, NAS).
Cloud: Amazon AWS, cloud foundry.
Automation Tools: Puppet, Ansible, Fabric.
Source Control: Git, SVN
CDCI tools: Gocd, Jenkins.
Confidential, Pennsylvania, PA
- Daily administering of production Nginx servers, ELK active/passive cluster, weblogic cluster, cloud foundry. Manage configuration updates. Creating new automation scripts for all tasks for the team including installing maintaining and constant update using puppet / Ansible.
- Wrote fabric-python script that shortened the time to multitask over multiple serverin parallel execution fashion.
- Worked with creating ELK cluster for logging and auditing purpose.
- Worked with GOCD, creating pipelines.
- Extensive BAU activities every day and been involved in all the RCA when application get alerts.
- Worked with Appdynamics, for application monitoring and alerting.
- Configuring and troubleshooting apache proxy.
- Wrote puppet module for installing and custom configured deployed for some existing infrastructure.
- Managed Puppet infrastructure through major version upgrades. Refactored Puppet code to leverage new features.
- Refactored puppet manifests/ansible playbooks to reflect best practices. Wrote Puppet/Ansible modules for:
- Nginx installation and configuration updates over different datacenters.
- Elasticsearch installation and configuration.
- Kibana installation and configuration.
- Logstash installation and configuration.
- Filebeat installation and configuration.
- Topbeat installation and configuration.
- Appdynamics installation and configuration.
- Docker installation and configuration.
- Upgrading the linux kernel.
- Created module for known issues patching.
- Wrote python scripts to monitor a variety of services.
- Migrated configuration management from Puppet to Ansible.
- Automated system configuration using ansible.
- Worked with a small team to remotely deploy, install, and configure.
- Created very appreciated documentation for numerous systems and processes developed in house.
- Developed numerous tools for use by other groups to better manage our new service offerings.
- Use ansible to orchestrate software upgrades and verify functionality.
- Addressed numerous inconsistencies with infrastructure data (such as package repository and cobbler profiles) to ensure consistent build and installation experience across the entire infrastructure.
- Developed puppet modules to facilitate customer requirements
- Solved user problems rapidly with a 90% first call resolution using remote support tools and developing repeatable solutions and troubleshooting techniques.
- Increased staff productivity by quickly resolving and production outages.
- Created lots of custom grok patterns in logstash for different teams needs.
- And optimized those patterns with new index template in Elasticsearch cluster.
- Used the index values to create visual charts and dashboard in kibana for easy user understanding.
Confidential, El Dorado hills, CA
UNIX System Build Engineer
- Worked on variety of Linux platforms Red Hat Linux, AIX, Solaris which includes installation, configuring and maintenance of applications on this environment.
- Wrote puppet manifests for deploying, configuring, and managing collectd for metric collection and monitoring.
- Automated system configuration using Puppet.
- Network and Internet support for managed web hosting in Windows 2008 R2 environment
- Troubleshooting network administration, IIS configuration, DNS setup and modifications, firewall rule sets, local and distributed director, connectivity, and supporting applications
- Responsible for independent support of Tier 2 issues: reboots, start/stop services, reset Terminal Service and pc anywhere connections, and administrative server maintenance. Daily follow up with clients to ensure resolution of all issues.
- Provide support to Account Managers, UNIX and Windows technicians, and other departments
- Build servers using Kick Start, Red Hat Satellite Server, and vSphere Client
- Updating patches to keep servers updated against bugs present in the operating system using Red Hat Satellite Server, yum, etc.
- Worked exclusively on VMware virtual environment.
- Installation and Configuration of SAMBA Server and APACHE Server.
- Setting up SAMBA & NFS servers, to enable Windows & UNIX clients to communicate with Linux without the need of additional software on the Windows side, such as NFS clients.
- Involved in installation and configuration of various Third party software onto servers.
- Involved in ILMT Agent Deployments and Oracle/SQL Upgrade project which includes various Unix builds of different OS platforms across various data centers.
- Co-ordinated with various cross functional teams across IT operations to make sure smooth functioning of projects.
- Worked closely with DBA Team in order to adjust kernel parameters as per requirements.
- Installed, configured and provided support for Tivoli Monitoring software across various OS platforms like RHEL,AIX and Solaris.
- Installed, configured and provided support for Tivoli Net Backup software across various OS platforms like RHEL,AIX and Solaris
- Installed packages using YUM and Red hat Package Manager ( RPM ) on various servers
- Day to day resolution on Linux based issued though SMS ticketing system in compliance to SLA cycles.
- Automating many day to day tasks through Bash scripting.
- Worked with Red Hat Satellite Server which is used to push changes across various servers simultaneously.
- Performed the daily system administration tasks like managing system resources and end users support operations and security.
- Environment: Red hat Enterprise Linux 4.x/5.x/6.1, AIX 6.x, Solaris 8/ 9/10, Tivoli Storage Manager, VMware ESX5, Tivoli Net backup, and Web sphere. Windows 2008 R2 & 2008 servers, Windows 2003, IIS 7.0 &
Confidential, Boston, MA
UNIX Systems Administrator/Developer
- Installed Linux OS, and configured required network on virtual machine.
- Configure, and automate the deployment of Linux and VMware infrastructure through our existing Kickstart/Jumpstart infrastructure.
- Strong skills in managing Red Hat Linux servers, SAN Storage (EMC, Hitachi), Virtualization. (VMware, Red Hat enterprise virtualization preferred), and system security.
- Mentor other systems administrators in engineering, installation, configuration, testing and Administration of Linux servers.
- Build, implement and maintain system-level software packages such as OS, Clustering, disk, file management, backup, web applications, DNS, LDAP.
- Configure and maintain FTP, DNS, NFS and DHCP servers.
- Configuring, maintaining and troubleshooting of local development servers. Software Implementations.
- Perform configuration of standard Linux and network protocols, such as SMTP, DHCP, DNS, LDAP, NFS, SMTP, HTTP, SNMP and others.
- Worked on virtual and physical Linux host for decommission, Managed server on VMware vshpere center.
- Strong understanding of VMware vsphere Centre, Configure Linux guests in a VMware ESX environment.
- Understand server virtualization technology such as VMware. Install, test and implement DB2 database management systems and related products.
- Installing IDMU for Linux used username mapping the server, Perform problem determination and resolution for database related problems, Involved in creating pluginnagios.
- Use to monitor and see performance of Nagios, Using Chef and Puppet to deploy Mail software across multiple mail servers.
- Install and run automated Puppet and cheff, Puppet to configure, install, manage and bring up jBoss and applications.
- Manage ongoing changes to configuration in Puppet.
- Experience in managing Brocade SAN switches in dual fabric configuration.
- Zoning new Hosts to NetApp/IBM storage/EMC VNX using Brocade and Q logic switches. Using CLI and DCFM.
- Experience in supporting HDS SAN like AMS, USPV, VSP and XP 9500’s and NAS environment connected using Cisco and Brocade Switches.
- Experience working with company and client documentation and storage procedures.
- Facilitates installation, testing, troubleshooting, and documentation.
Confidential, Bluffton, SC
UNIX Systems Administrator/Developer
Role and Responsibilities:
- Design, implementation, testing and documentation of new and old infrastructure components, services and enhancements.
- Install and configure KVM on RHEL 5.0 by virtual GUI.
- Built Linux Compute Nodes using automated scripts (Kickstart scripts) and DHCP server.
- Installed and configured with variety of OS such as RHEL 5.0, SuSE 10 and Win 2008.
- Provide system administration, operational support, problem resolution, and perform hardware and software installations and upgrades as required by the client infrastructure.
- Created a PXE Boot environment with all the necessary services such as DHCP, TFTP, PXE, OS image sources for four different OS versions.
- Support RHEL V 5.6 servers running in production messaging platform for large Oracle 10g database and SAP basis applications.
- Maintained QA and Dev servers used for Testing implementation of Products.
- Managed Users on Unix/Linux and Windows systems.
- Solved system and network problems using various diagnostics and protocols including, NFS, TCP/IP, and DNS.
- Supported in Server TCP, IP connectivity. Configured all IP definitions, performed testing,
- Network connectivity troubleshooting TCP/IP 10/100BaseT network and Wireless using Cisco and Bay Networks Routers Supporting both Desktop and Laptop PCs using standard PCI, PCMCIA and Wireless NICs.
- Planned, scheduled and Implemented OS patches on both Solaris & Linux boxes as a part of proactive maintenance.
- Involved in the implementation and administration of SAN utilizing products of EMC, Cisco and Brocade.
- Created Zones using Brocade and CISCO Switches
- Provided Server hardware and Application support to Info crossing Data Center group.
- Support Veritas Cluster Server providing high availability environment for critical services.
- Install Veritas Storage Foundation and configure it according to client’s requirements.
- Supported installing and troubleshooting the Unbound ID
- Troubleshoot Blade server and network issues.
- Install and Automation with config management chef.
- Gathered requirements from Engineering team and build application installation documents.
- Writing shell Perl scripting for automation of job.
- Hundreds of servers using puppet.
- Tuning the kernel parameters base on the application/database requirement.
- Use VERITAS file system (VxFS) VERITAS volume manager ( VxVM) to configure RAID 1 and 0
- File system tuning, growing and shrinking with VERITAS file system 3.5/4.x
- Installed and configured GFS cluster for holding databases.
- Validated the servers to check they meet the customer requirements.
- Applications supported on the above servers are Apache/Tomcat
- Setup and manage DNS and DHCP servers.
- Managed Solaris servers, configured mirroring created users and groups, assigned permission o the groups using sudoers.
- Setup LANs and WLANs, troubleshooting network problems, Configure routers and access points.