- Over 7 years of experience in IT field as System Administration, specialization in Installation, Configuration and Administration of Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Sun Solaris, CentOS, and Windows.
- Expertise working in a dynamic environment: Installing, Upgrading, Patching, Configuring and Performance Tuning on UNIX system software and hardware.
- Highly skilled in automating Operating System installation and setup utilizing Jumpstart Servers for provisioning of Solaris 9/10 servers and Kickstart servers for provisioning of RHEL.
- Proficient in installation and configuration of various Packages and Patches in Linux utilizing Red Hat Satellite Server.
- Experienced in creating and managing different kinds of file systems like Ext 3, Ext 4, ZFS, VxFS and UFS.
- Firm grasp of managing various filesystem using Logical Volume Manager (LVM), Veritas Volume Manager (VxVM), Veritas File System (VFS) and Solaris Volume Manager (SVM).
- Experienced in managing and configuring Zones and Containers in Solaris 9/10 environment.
- Efficient with User Administration , Management, Disk Space and Process Monitoring in a dynamic work environment.
- Extensively used Veritas Cluster Server 4.x/5.x for High Availability Environment.
- Working knowledge in installing, configuring, implementing and managing RAID 0, RAID 1 and RAID 5 technologies.
- Working knowledge of network administration, deploying and troubleshooting of DNS, LDAP, NIS, NFS, DHCP , Samba and TCP/IP .
- Hands on experience in IP multi pathing and NIC Bonding in Linux servers.
- Expertise in system performance configuration and monitoring tools like Nagios and Splunk.
- Experience in with Virtualization technologies like installing, configuring, VMware vSphere . Creation, management, administration and maintenance of virtual servers and clients.
- Experience in shell scripting and python .
- Experience in Networking configuration & Security Configuration on ESX Host.
- Experience in salt stack and Docker.
- Hands - on experience with configuration and automation tools such as Puppet , chef and Ansible.
- Good Knowledge on windows active directory.
- Experienced in installation and configuration of Apache Webserver, WebLogic, and Tomcat.
- Firm grasp of Jenkins/Maven deployment and build management system .
- Proficient in Amazon AWS components such as EC2 instances setup, Elastic LB and Elastic Storage.
- Expertise in utilizing GIT and Subversion as Version Control System .
- Excellent analytical, problem solving communication and interpersonal skills .
- Quick learning capability , delivering solutions as an individual and a good team player.
- Good understanding and exposure to Software Development Life Cycle.
Confidential - Virginia
DevOps / Linux Administrator
- Working for DevOps Platform team responsible for specialization areas related to Puppet for Cloud Automation.
- Excellent configuration management using Puppet.
- Implemented Puppet modules to automate configuration of a broad range of services
- Worked with Nagios x1 installation and configuration.
- Worked with Nagios dashboard to monitor servers and monitor applications,
- Actively involved in architecture of DevOps platform and cloud solutions.
- Build Automation and Build Pipe Development using Jenkins and Maven
- Integration of Automated Build with Deployment Pipeline. Currently installed Puppet Server and clients to pick up the Build from Jenkins repository and deploy in target environments (Integration, QA, and Production).
- Implemented scheduled downtime for non-prod servers for optimizing AWS pricing.
- Created proper documentation for new server setups and existing servers.
- Maintaining a farm of EC2 instances, ELB’s and RDS.
- Migrate on premise database to AWS Cloud and also designed, built, and deployed a multitude applications utilizing the AWS stack (Including EC2, R53, S3, RDS, SNS, and IAM), by focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance, and auto-scaling.
- Configure EC2 Instances, VPC, Route 53, ELB, Subnets, etc.
- Configure and administer Apache and Application layers
- Configure HTTP caching properties for static caching.
- Experience with shell scripting.
- Worked on SIEM for security and audit compliance configuration
- Worked on version control using GitHub.
- Worked on automating builds using Jenkins.
- Experience with AWS SDK and AWS API.
- Automate infrastructure in AWS using amazon web services.
- Installing and configuring Tomcat and JBOSS.
- Deploy puppet to completely provision and manage AWS EC2 instances, volumes, DNS, and S3.
- Performed installation, configuration and tuning of Red hat, CentOS, Solaris.
Environment: Red hat Linux,Solaris,CentOs,Puppet,Tomcat, Apache, Nagios, Jenkins, Maven, Git, AWS ELB, AWS S3, AWS Cloud Formation Templates,AWS RDS, AWS Cloud Watch.
Confidential, Franklin Lakes, NJ
Devops/ Unix Administrator
- Worked on migrating Solaris 10/ AIX 6.1 to redhat 6 .
- Worked on creating new LPARS on AIX IBM frame
- Worked on Creating new EC2 instances on AWS (Amazon web services)
- Worked on creating puppet manifests and modules.
- Worked on creating build jobs using Jenkins.
- Worked on Git as a source code repo for version control.
- Provided Administrative support for 450 odd Linux/Solaris/AIX servers running Weblogic Suite applications, variety of business applications, and Ab-initio ETL.
- Worked on windows 2003 and 2008 servers and installed OS on them.
- Worked on creating Chef recepies.
- Worked on configuring CFengine and Jenkins .
- Performed Installation, configuration of RHEL 5 , Solaris and AIX operating systems.
- Performed live as well as manual OS upgrade from red hat 3, 4 to red hat 5 and 6.
- Actively Involved in Building and configuring of red hat Linux and Solaris 9/10 servers remotely using Jump Start /Kick Start Servers.
- Handled Content Management systems.
- Analyzed the hardware and software requirements of Active Directory.
- Installed, configured, and provide troubleshooting for Server 2003.
- Migrated Windows Server 2003 from test environment to the production environment.
- Implemented and managed IP Addressing; configured TCP/IP addressing on a server.
- Created the Forest Root domain, and a Child domain in a production environment.
- Installed and configured an Active Directory Domain Controller
- Worked with Ruby scripting, Rails, Adobe Cq5.
- Also worked with Angular JS to create java framework and java code for Jenkins deployment and node.js
- Maintained a secure hosting environment with latest certified Prism-CMS software, security patches, and software updates and upgrades to database, and application tiers.
- Troubleshooting OS / Hardware related issues and monitor server health on a day-to-day basis. Maintained maximum uptime and high performance for Enterprise Production, Development, and QA environment servers.
- Worked on application server like Jboss and web server like Apache and Tomcat.
- Monitored the systems CPU, memory, IDE/SCSI disks, disk controllers, RAID, RAID controllers, file systems, and network parameters using the tools NAGIOS system-monitoring tool and BMC performance management tools.
- Allocate/manage disk quotas on Development servers for applications running on Linux.
- Installed, configured, and maintained TCP/IP based services like NFS, NIS, NIS+, DNS, LDAP, Print servers, and SMPT. Also performed troubleshooting issues on these services.
- Configured auto mounting setup on NFS clients.
- Install/troubleshoot AUTOSYS to schedule application jobs.
- Performed installation, configuring, tuning, and troubleshooting of Apache web server, Tomcat and WebSphere application servers.
- Performed file system management and disk management using Veritas Volume Manager.
- Worked with SAN team for Zoning of storage area for various applications. Configured servers for high availability through Dynamic MultiPathing using Veritas DMP.
- Installed and configured Veritas NetBackup on client servers and performed periodical backups of server data files.
- Actively involved in planning, configuring and administering High Availability and High Performance clusters using Veritas cluster server and Sun HPC software.
- Providing Level 1 and Level 2 Support on various production systems.
- Scheduling jobs through cron - frequent modification to crontab.
- Fixing the failed and missed backups using (TSM).
- Develop scripts to perform weekend checkouts after reboots occurring every weekend.
- Prioritize and resolve critical issues and coordinate the escalated activities through ACTT Ticketing system.
- Generated detailed documents and reports on issues and solutions for future reference.
- Working with SOX Team in auditing of critical production functions and preparation of audit documents as per the audit specifications specified by Sarbanes-Oxley legislation.
Environment: Red hat Linux 3,4 and 5 ES 4.0/5.0,Hp Unix 5.1, Sun Solaris 9/10, AIX 5.1/5.3 Veritas Volume Manager, SAN , Samba, NFS , VMware ESX , Apache, Tomcat and Joboss Veritas Volume Manager 4.0, Veritas Cluster 4.x , Tivoli Storage management and Websphere servers , and SAN storage.
Linux System Administrator
- Administration of RHEL 5/6 that includes installation, testing, tuning, upgrading and loading patches, troubleshooting both physical and virtual server issues.
- Worked on creating, cloning Linux virtual Machines, templates using VMware Virtual Client 3.5 and migrating servers between ESX hosts.
- Installed and managed Red Hat Linux using Kickstart and applying security policies for hardening the server based on the company policies.
- Administered package installation, configuration of CentOS 5/6 .
- Created disk groups, volume groups and RAIDs using Veritas Volume Manager.
- I nstalled and configured MySQL on Linux Server for test and development environment.
- RPM and YUM package installations, patch and other server management.
- Created new file systems , monitoring disk usage, checking and backup of log files administration and monitoring the disk based file system.
- Configured multipath, adding SAN and creating physical volumes, volume groups and logical volumes.
- Installed and configured Apache and supporting them on Linux production servers.
- Performed Kernel compilation and patch upgradation on Linux servers.
- Worked on troubleshooting Linux network, security related issues, capturing packets using tools such as iptables, firewall, TCP wrappers and NMAP .
- Developed automated processes that run daily to check disk usage and perform cleanup of file systems using shell scripting and Crontabs .
- Hands on experience on creating and managing Users / Group accounts and setup a user's work environment.
- Monitored the File System, CPU load for better Performance and system performance parameters using iostat, vmstat and prstat.
- Monitored system performance, tune-up kernel parameter, adding/ removing/ administering hosts, users, disks on DNS / NIS domain.
- Performed the configuration and administration of DNS, NFS, SAN, NIS and database files.
- Involved on making DNS entries to establish connection from server to DB2 database.
- Created VM snapshots for test and deployment as well as in production change controlled release environment.