- 7+ yrs of experience in networking.
- Good understanding and work experience of 4 G Wimax networks, LTE network, VOLTE, eCSFB,EVDO CDMA, 3G, POTS,PRI, DSL, ISDN, HPBX, PSTN, T1, broadband networks, and VOIP, BGP, OSPF, GRE tunnels and data center networks
- Experience of configuring switches and routers.
- Thorough process knowledge of end to end commissioning of 4 G Wimax sites.
- Strong communication skills, able to deliver the expected results to the clients.
- Familiarity with network planning and designing concepts.
- Experience of handling Network Monitoring Center for a heterogeneous type of telecom network.
- Good understanding of new technology and quick learner.
Hardware: Alcatel Lucent Platforms, Ciena switches, foundry switches, MALCs, Cisco switches and routers, Lucent, Plexus 9000, DMS, Genband M6, and C3, Juniper ERX, Motorola BTS, Huawei BTS, Samsung BTS, Ericsson BTS, Site boss controllers (Asentria), Power supply units, Microwave radios, MSC equipment s like HSS, MME, DRA, SMSC, OTA
Networking Protocols: - OSPF, BGP, RIP, IGRP, EIGRP, TCP/IP, VLAN s, STP, RSTP, VOIP and ATM, 802.16e, 802.16d
Network Monitoring Tools: Monitor 10, WhatsupGold, Spectrum, ZMS, Unicenter, Netcool.
Network designing tools: Visio, E-draw,Omnigraffle
Programming Languages: Languages C, C++, Java, J2ME, PHP, HTML, Assembly language.
Confidential, Charleston, SC
Sr. Network Engineer
- Work on IP restructuring for IPv4 IPs and do IP swaps for all the clients to improve the IPv4 availability.
- Responsible for setting up BGP peering and managing the network for all the 39 Data center locations throughout USA as well as international locations.
- Work on setting up inter data center connectivity. work on creating virtual routers with VYOS to have redundancy for each data center location
- Setup routing for all the new dedicated or virtual server orders that come in and setup dedicated bandwidth as requested by customers.
- Manage Cisco 7600's, Cisco 4849s, 3560's and Cisco Nexus 7Ks
- Configure BGP, OSPF, GRE tunnels, VLANs, all network advertisements across WANs, setup peering sessions with upstream, all static routes including default routes.
- Manage and create new ACL's, route maps, prefix lists.
- Create documentation for the current network and create Visio/OmniGraffle diagrams for the current network structure.
- Redesign current network to a more robust and easily expandable and manageable design.
- Setup IPv6 peering for all the current data centers
- Train Level 1 team on network troubleshooting and basics.
- Review and manage tier 2 tickets.
Confidential, Waynesboro, VA
Sr. Network Engineer - Design
- Manage Enterprise/Carrier routing platforms (routers, switches voice gateways, SBC’s, etc.), Network transport platforms (DWDM, SONET, DACS, etc.) and Switching platforms (5ESS, MMcV4, etc.) in a wireless configuration. LTE - specifically MME, S/P GW, HSS and/or DRA.
- Working on design, implementation and maintenance of 5ESS, RNC/eRNC, ACME SBC, Cisco 15454 & 65xx, Ciena 6500, HSS, MME and Diameter Routing Agents/Routers in a carrier class network.
- Perform capacity management on core MSC network elements (5ESS, RNC/eRNC, DACS, SBC’s, SS7, DRA, MME and HSS).
- Provide expert trouble resolution for escalated core network troubles.
- Perform troubleshooting for call drops, voice related issues, data issues, SMS issues.
- Partner to lead the planning, design, implementation and optimization of new network products/services.
- Perform after hours support duties to sustain network systems and service levels - 24/7/365.
- Develop, document, implement and maintain processes and procedures related to service delivery.
- Partner with peers to ensure reliability, availability and scalability thresholds are maintained.
- Provide guidance and technical training to technical support staff and junior team members as needed.
NOC Project Manager
- Responsible for entire operation and administration of the project.
- Interview, select, train and manage the technical staff for the project.
- Coordinate project details, new implementations and help in other long term project and team related activity planning with Clients.
- Worked on project based on VOIP technology for a VOIP service provider.
- Managed VOIP switches, monitor active call routes, troubleshoot and configure VOIP switch for better call quality, VOIP route testing.
- Managed CRM tickets.
- Tools used: Cisco Call Manager version 4.3.
Network Commissioning Engineer, Technical Lead
- Worked on a project involving 4 G Wimax network for a US telecom company.
- Worked on commissioning and maintenance of wide range of 4G telecom equipment.
- Configured and maintained BTS devices of Motorola, Huawei, and Samsung.
- Commissioned microwaves like Dragonwaves, Orthogon, Ceragon, Redline, Eband, and Bridgewave.
- Trained on commissioning of Huawei devices at client side in USA.
- Imparted training to group of 25 fellow colleagues on various 4 G Wimax devices.
- Involved in the commission of sites with microwave and T1 backhaul.
- Daily work included tasks like switch add, equipment checks, DAP add, power-fail’s and network ring closures.
- Support RF activities such as market wide frequency re-tune and parameter changes.
- When required, support emergency maintenance activities to resolve customer affecting issues.
- Troubleshoot the Network issues in coordination with Field technicians on site.
- Commissioned telecom devices present at the base station such as Site controller, Digi modem & power supply units.
- Aided in conducting Network audits to identify loop holes in procedures or systems and fix them.
- Support the team with technical issues and worked as an interface between the team and the client for coordinating daily tasks, updating client with the timely reports on teams progress, generating weekly and monthly progress reports.
- Trained new employees, documenting new procedures for future use.
- Worked as network engineer in NOC team for a project involving Canadian telecom.
- Worked on Alarm Monitoring and Network Troubleshooting.
- Troubleshoot Long Distance routing and translation and rerouting traffic, via DMS, Nextone, Lucent Telica, Tekelec/Genband, PrePaid/PostPaid calling cards (TCI) and Wintel/LTN (Long Distance Gateways).
- Provided translations, provisioning and troubleshooting for hosted PBX (VOIP), Prilo (PrimusLocal - GCC), Talk Broadband (TBB) and Telemarketing Guard (TMG).
- Able to troubleshoot customer’s with Dial-up/ISDN and toll free (national and international) numbers re-terminating and rerouting traffic.
- Clear understanding of inbound and outbound signaling; including Network Topology for voice and data.
- Day to day administration for the following devices: Cisco switches and routers, Lucent Plexus 9000, DMS, Genband M6, and C3, Juniper ERX.
- Coordinate all Network Maintenances.
- Experience of working with POTS,PRI, ISDN, T1, DSx, DSL, LAN Extensions, Wireless, Local Lines, Toll Free, Long Distance Routing, Calling Cards, VoIP (SIP, MGCP).
- Tools Used: Monitor 10, WhatsupGold, Spectrum, ZMS, Unicenter, Netcool.