Sr. Network Engineer, and experienced networking professional with hands - on experience in the field of Cisco Networking engineering, Project Management, and IT, ability to plan, design, configure, install, and maintain LAN and WAN networks.
Routing: EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, VRF, redistribution, route - map, prefix-list, distribute-list
Switching: VLAN, VTP, Inter VLAN routing, Trunk protocols (802.1Q, ISL), SVI, routed ports, VRRP, HSRP, GLBP, RPR, RPR+, SSO/NSF, VSS, 802.3af-PoE, 802.1d-CST, 802.1w-rapid-PVST, 802.1s-MST, PAgP, and LACP.
Wan Technologies: PPP, Frame Relay, MPLS VPN/ L2, T1/E1, GRE, DMVPN, and IPsec VPN, Cisco routers 2900, 3900, ISR 2800/3800, 7200; Switches 3850, 3750, 4500, 6500, ASR1k series, Nexus 2k,5k,7k/9k., Load balancers ACE, F5
Network Protocols and Monitoring: Syslog, SNMP, IP SLA, DHCP, Wireshark, Netflow, NetQOS, Solar Winds, Iperf, Cisco Prime.
VoIP: Analog (FXO, FXS) and Digital T1 CAS/CCS PRI interfaces, QoS (COS, IP Precedence, DSCP).
Wireless: design, switch ports configuration, autonomous AP, lightweight AP/WLC (4400 series WLC), security (ACS, 802.1X) Security AAA (Tacacs+, Radius), ACS, ASA (ACL, NAT/PAT, security policy), 802.1X, PVLAN, and Infoblox (DNS, DHCP, and IPAM).
Bilingual: English, French.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Sr. Datacenter Network Engineer
- Data center network design, implementation and operation support (Remedy Ticket system), configured F5 load balancer LTM, APM (Two factors authentication AAA RSA servers, virtual servers, load balancing pools, health monitor, node, load balancing method round robin, least connection, ratio), Cisco ACE 4700 series implementation. created rservers, server farms, health monitor prodes, predictor, and troubleshot load balancer issues, provided support to network operation team, and worked with server/application team to implement VMs VLANs design, and ESXi VMware VM HA.
- Network design and architecture, decided what hardware, such as routers, switches or adaptors, and software, network drivers, are needed to support the network, and determined how cables will be laid out in the data center.
- Worked on Projects, created network design document and diagrams (Visio), monitored network performance and troubleshooting (SolarWinds, CA Spectrum, Wireshark, Netflow), created network changes, implementation and verification document, and configured, supported data center switches, routers, routing protocols (OSPF, EIGRP, and BGP), Nexus 2K/5K/7k, ASR 1K, and designed and implemented vPC, DCI, and VDC.
Sr. Network Engineer
Confidential, Amarillo, TX
- Enterprise level network support that includes network design, network implementation, and troubleshooting.
- Network architecture, researched and provided innovative technology to determine what would best support the organization in the future.
- Responsible for maintaining the design and integrity of Confidential internal network, including customer-facing hosted environments, provided technical assistance to team members with high-level system and networking request.
- Worked on core devices, ASR 1k/9k as MPLS CE, Nexus 7k/5k, and configured VDC, vPC, and 2K Fex uplink to 5k.
- Managed network changes, created or managed level2/ 3 support tickets through Confidential service manager, received calls and tickets from NOC engineers and users, and worked on tickets to resolve customer network issues.
- Configured, implemented enterprise campus network load sharing through router redundancy protocols (HSRP, VRRP, GLBP), via supervisor engine and route processor redundancy (RPR, RPR+, SSO, NSF).
Confidential, Round Rock, TX
L3 Network Engineer
- Confidential & Confidential MPLS Backbone Support Engineer, configured P/PE routers, VRFs setting, and supported customer’s CE routers.
- L3 Network and systems engineering support; provided support for Confidential network change management using Confidential service manager, configured and implemented L2/L3 networks (Cisco routers, catalyst switches, Nexus, and Wireless LAN), routing and switching protocols such as VLAN, VTP, 802.1Q, STP, LACP, HSRP, VRRP, GLBP, OSPF, EIGRP, MPLS, BGP (path selection through weight, local preference, as-path, and MED).
- Reviewed network change and implemented security improvement, security policy update using Juniper Netscreen, controlled enterprise network traffic through Cisco ASA, ACL, and provided support for enterprise DNS, DHCP through Infoblox IPAM. Data centers support, implementation and operation support included Cisco Nexus 2k/5k/7k, Catalyst switches, and routers.
- Implemented and supported Confidential stores network, circuit transformation and conversion, configured T1/MPLS/BGP as primary circuit, and DSL/DMVPN as backup, BGP routing (weight, Local Preference, as-path, MED, eBGP, iBGP, bgp route reflector and confederation), tasks consisted of stores routers, switches and firewalls configuration changes, and configured Cisco network devices, routers, switches, and access points, network access control using Cisco ACS AAA security protocols Radius/Tacacs+.
Confidential, Pontiac, MI
Technical Solutions Consultant
- Provided support to enterprise users, and network support (IP addressing, Subnetting, VLSM, DHCP and VLAN).
- Provided integration support for WLAN and VoIP, configured and supported routing protocols (OSPF, EIGRP), catalyst switches 2960, 3560, 3750, 6500, 4500 series, configured switches ports for LAP/ WLC and autonomous AP, PoE, VLAN, QoS, trunk and access ports, and inter VLAN routing.
- Provided support for IPsec VPN configuration issues for home office users via DSL or T1, and configured VPN setting on Cisco routers, Cisco ASA 5500 or VPN concentrators (IKE policies, IP Sec transform-sets, IP addressing, and GRE setting).
Confidential, Detroit, MI
Senior Network Engineer, Consulting
- Enterprise campus network support, Catalyst switch physical connectivity (Fast Ethernet, gigabit Ethernet, and 10gigabitethernet), switches configuration and test (VLAN, 802.1Q, VTP, 802.3ad, inter VLAN routing, HSRP, GLBP, VRRP, 802.1d, 802.1w, 802.1s, QoS). Configured and integrated autonomous AP, and LAP/WLC into switched network, configured security through switching features such as port-security, port-based authentication 802.1x, AAA, DHCP snooping, VACL, PVLAN, rootguard, bpduguard.
- Implemented and tested multilayer switches (catalyst 3750, 6509, 4507R), configured high availability via hardware (redundant power supplies, redundant supervisors’ engines), and network redundancy through FHRP (HSRP, VRRP, GLBP); distribution/core layers redundant devices, full mesh links access/distribution, distribution/core devices, and dual/collapse core implementation.
Confidential, Auburn Hills, MI
System Test engineer
- Provided support for network monitoring and troubleshooting such as OSPF, EIGRP, VLAN, STP, inter VLAN routing, trunking protocols (ISL, 802.1q), VTP, and IPsec VPN security policies (IKE proposals, IPsec transform-sets).
- Performed trouble-shooting and testing on networking products, analog and digital PCB circuits, and electronic medical systems.
- Performed reliability testing on prototypes; pilot and production testing, and collected data for analysis.
- Worked with other test engineers, designed test plans, and worked from test programming (Linux, C++), schematics to perform trouble-shooting and level hardware/software verification testing.
Confidential, Wixom, MI
- Coordinated Installation and maintenance of electronic and network equipment with maintenance team.
- Performed network management, monitoring, and analyzed information provided by Cisco works solution engine for standalone wireless AP, IP SLA, SNMP, and syslog to ensure efficient network operation.
- Provided integration support for VoIP and WLAN, configured catalyst switches 2950, 3550 series port configurations for autonomous AP (VLAN/SSID, PoE, inline power, Voice VLAN, QoS, trunk ports, and inter VLAN routing).
Confidential, Troy, MI
Technical Sales Support
- Supported Sales staff with all necessary technical information to enable telecommunication equipment quote.
- Utilized bilingual skills (French/English) to provide technical sales support.
Senior Network Engineer
- Handled L2/L3 switches networks design, configured and implemented customer’s network infrastructure.
- Reviewed and suggested security improvement such as network high availability via network gateway redundancy and load balancing through next hop redundancy protocols (HSRP, VRRP, and GLBP); via hardware, redundant supervisor engines and power supplies; and security through port-security, 802.1X, and centralized administrative using external authentication servers such as ACS, and AAA protocols (Tacacs+ and Radius).
- Configured Cisco Routers (OSPF, EIGRP), Switches (VLAN, interVLAN routing, PVST+, 802.1w, 802.1q, VTP, PAgP, LACP).
- Configured BGP routing (weight, Local Preference, as-path, MED, eBGP, iBGP), multihoming, and traffic load sharing across multiple ISP’s links, using Cisco multilayer switches 6500 series.
- Network Assessment and Documentation, Visio
Senior Network engineer
- Responsible for 24/7 data center network monitoring, enterprise campus network, local users IP and frame relay network, and company mid-Atlantic IP network, and responding to outages.
- Responsible for operation and network monitoring team, troubleshot down circuits and deficient performance using a variety of monitoring tools such as Firebird T1-E1, protocols monitoring tools, network analyzer, PRTG, SNMP.
- Monitored data center facilities and equipment (PBX, Nortel Passport Frame relay switches, Cisco switches and routers) to meet 100% service-based SLA (Setting, tracking, and managing SLAs, circuits and network availabilities, and billing matters).
- Worked with Telecommunication Service Provider to install, test, and troubleshoot circuits’ outages to resolution (Fractional or full-service CAS E1, CCS PRI, BRI, and analog circuits).
- Performed onsite data center support, monitoring of network, systems alarms, electrical power, server administration, Cisco routers and switches IOS software image upgrade, and IOS image backup and restore using TFTP server.