- Primary Enterprise Operating System Experience: Windows Server 2016, 2012r2, 2008r2, 2003, 10, 8.1, 7, XP, WES7 and macOS.
- Main Focuses: Active Directory Infrastructures, DNS, PowerShell, Microsoft System Center ConfigMgr 2012r2 + Current Branch, Microsoft System Center Orchestrator 2012r2, Microsoft RemoteApp, Application Deployment, MSI Editing, OSD Strategy and Software Updates and Deployment, Desktop Infrastructure Vision, Group Policy Construction and Deployment, WSUS\SCUP. Runbook and automation authoring.
- ProxMox, XenServer 6.x ~ 7.2, VMWare 5.x ~ 6.5, Hyper - V, Citrix XenApp 6.x, Veeam, Windows IoT, DHCP, Java, Python, Bash, zsh, VS Code, Docker, Vagrant, Ansible, Raspbian, Cent OS, Microsoft DFS, Microsoft ADK / AIK, MDT 2013+, ORCA, AlienVault, SolarWinds, Centreon, eG, LibreNMS, CheckMK, NXLog, ELK (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana), Grafana, HP Device Manager (HPDM) 4.x, HP WebJetAdmin, Allscripts EEHR.
- Business planning and scope of work establishment, HIPAA Compliance, NIST Moderate / SAM 5300 Compliance, ITIL framework exposure and conceptual implementation.
Senior Microsoft Systems Administrator
- Team leadership of IT Operations members, co-ordination, fostering extensive collaboration between other disciplines, especially bridging between IT Operations and Developer groups.
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) for multiple aspects of design and integration into Java and .NET applications.
- Client facing presentations and contact liaison for client questions and holistic understanding of implementation.
- Ground up design and construction of Active Directory services, via Windows 2016 servers between 5 separate datacenters, for 35,000 users.
- Construction on the VM level has been established and maintained entirely with PowerShell scripts and functions.
- Multi-domain forest for segmentation while maintaining ease of access.
- All work is documented, issue tracked, and version controlled in Gitlab.
- All increased or decreased user permissions is performed programmatically.
- Domain settings and compliance is audited via PowerShell scripts checking settings across the Domain Controllers.
- Migration of user accounts from eDir to Active Directory.
- Hands on work within Java with Developer team to trace and fix LDAPS issues for authentication.
- Static DNS record import and export via PowerShell.
- Schema extension implementation via PowerShell (have also contributed to a separate Github project regarding this as well).
- Establishment of PWM for password maintenance.
- Extending Active Directory Schema to support Linux SSSD and Public Key authentication.
- User creation including REST call to Twilio for SMS delivery of random user password.
- Moved into a remote worker role for branch office in California.
- Establishment of One-Way / Two-Way Forest & Domain Trusts
- Renovation of Windows 2000 \ 2003 Active Directory implementation to current standards.
- Documentation of work and practices via Gitlab and Markdown.
- Reorganization and documentation of Group Policy.
- Integration with existing non-Microsoft DNS \ DHCP \ Backup Implementation.
- Utilization of System Center Configuration Manager Current Branch with Endpoint Protection
- Rapidly deployed to a geographically separate branch to enable them to utilize imaging, and gain insight into the systems in their walls.
- Migration of local and remote users from Office 2007 to Office 365 via PowerShell and ConfigMgr.
- Involved in the planning and structure for local SharePoint.
Support Services - SCCM Administrator
- Architected and established SCCM 2012r2 on Windows 2012, in our organization with 600+ Clients deployed.
- Including workflows and timeline for preparation, management and deployment.
- Expansion of SCCM to include non-native abilities (monitor details, IE versions, E-Mail on Task Sequence completion).
- Established HP WebJetAdmin to help view and monitor our print solutions.
- Established HP Device Manager to create an initial baseline image for our Mobile and Stationary Thin Clients (HP WES7).
- Moved Confidential from a one and a half week re-image turn time down to two days, while drastically reducing travel.
- SCCM implementation moved this down to hours reduced this to 1-2 hours.
- Principal in constructing a Citrix Client to Server Content Redirection with Folder Redirection solution for our Stationary Thin Clients. This enabled a completely locked image with EWF, but maintaining local desktop feel and usability, with network backed storage.
- This combination of local techniques on the device, and Group Policies led to a versatile and steady environment. Rapid re-imaging.
- Constructed the Group Policy for deployment of 160+ printers, installation dependent on Subnet.
- Application Installations Created
- Office 2010 \ Visio 2013 \ Java 1.7 XX \ Adobe Flash + Reader \ Citrix Enterprise Receiver w\SSO among others.
- Construction of these utilizes various PowerShell scripts created for task, and use of MSI Editors (ORCA and InstED).
- Experience in PSAppDeployToolkit for additional GUI driven, user facing interactions.
- All these fit requirements for both user visibility, user interaction, and automatic update suppression.
- OSD Templates: Include several different models, Thin\Hybrid Imaging, WMI Driver Pack Selection and App UDI.
- Average OSD is approximately 30-115 minutes.
- Supporting 35+ Models
- 25+ applications currently live.
- Windows 7 Image Capture: Performed with VMWare, image can be updated within hours and perform a consistent recapture.
- Windows Update: Packages of updates that are targeted to collection based on personally created targeting queries.
- Updates are released, units are monitored while this is released and automatic daily reports are created and email to notify of update completion status.
- Routine and continual use of PowerShell to script and automate solutions.
- From searching for files, or retrieving AD information, it is almost always worth doing via PowerShell.
- Crafted System Center Orchestrator Runbooks that allowed things such as:
- Reset of Windows Print Server Spoolers for Tier 1 HelpDesk, with integrated logging and E-Mail notification.
- Automated file creation alerting for Accounting Department.
- Batch Training account enabling and disabling. Allowing non-AD privileged users to be able to make changes required.
- Automated SFTP file download with notification loops (both to us and to the sender if the file is not available).
- Data automatically processed into individual files for sub-sites within the company.
- Constructed a PowerShell GUI that allowed Thin Client users to set, and maintain a default printer through reboots.
- Creation of Group Policies for SCCM Client Installation, Push Policies, SQL Port Availability, as well as addressing security concerns for workstations and servers.
Wireless Senior/Home Theater Sales/Mobile Manager
- Promoted to In-Home Agent working with on-site computer and Home Theater Installation and diagnostics/repair in Albany/Saratoga Region.
- Senior Repair Agent responsible for diagnosis/repair of Windows/Apple operating environments, working with Office suite of products, hardware repairs, and informing client during process.
- Created my first workplace script in batch to automate the construction of a daily use flash drive with freshly updated tools.
- Use of a variety of imaging tools and update products. Work with business grade applications such as personal database applications.
- Utilization of an Enterprise level ticketing system (STAR) to service consumer and Small Business computers and networks, during in store work, and on site work assignments. Collaborated with out of location repair facilities via email and ticketing to repair hardware that would otherwise be unable to be repaired in store.
- Performed data backup/transfer using established guidelines to maintain the client's privacy, data integrity, and data sanctity. Referred full data recovery services if needed.