Seeking a position as Network Engineer building upon demonstrated abilities in Network Design, Install and Troubleshoot
- Skilled RF Engineer in Outdoor Wi - Fi Design, Walk Route Creation, CW Testing, Post-Processing of Drive Test Data.
- Experienced Project Engineer with broad experience in project full life cycle and project quality implementation, process audits, team management, network configuration and direct client services.
- Site-to-Site VPNs, FTP/TFTP servers, Access Lists and DHCP
- Knowledge and skills necessary to implement scalable multilayer switched networks, Campus Networks,
- Advanced Spanning Tree Concepts, VLANs, VTP and Inter-VLAN routing, High Availability, Wireless Client
- Access, Access Layer Voice concepts, and minimizing service Loss and Data Theft in a Campus Network
- Knowledge and skills necessary to use IP addressing and Routing in implementing scalability for
- Cisco ISR routers connected to LANs and WANs. IP Addressing, Routing Principles, Configuring
- EIGRP, OSPF, Manipulating Routing Updates, Configuring basic BGP, and IPv6.
- Working knowledge of Network monitoring with Solar winds, configuration backup with CatTools, SNMP configurations and Syslog logging and packet capturing
- Experienced in support, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot networks
- Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills
- Dedicated, hardworking individual skilled at managing multiple tasks
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Confidential bracstart;Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
RF Tools: Mentum Planet, MapInfo, Google Earth Pro, Google Maps, Bing Maps & Windcatcher.
Test Equipment: DMM, Power Load, Spectrum Analyzer, RF Transmitter/Receiver, Splitter.
DSLAM: MA5600 Series
Access Gateway: UA5000
Routers: NE40E, NE80
Switches: S2300, S3000 and S3500
Routers: 7200, 5300, 3600, 2600 .
Switches: 6500, 4000, Catalyst 2900 Series
Firewall: ASA 5505
Cabling Standards: Single and Multi-Mode Fiber Optical Cable, SFPs, Cat5,5e,6 and Coaxial Cable
Confidential, Linthicum Heights, MD
RF / Network Engineer
- Performed CW Testing with BVS equipment on DAS candidate poles and processed composite results in Mapinfo.
- Performed capacity analysis in Mapinfo using small cell CW drives, ATP of candidates to baseline them with Head-end DAS path and shakedown at node location to verify Cell ID and stationary Uplink/Downlink throughput.
- I was working in Confidential and had a customer asking repeatedly for handing over the spare parts. I checked the contractual BoQ and there were no spare parts. I informed the customer and he realized that he was asking unnecessary because he had not checked the contractual BoQ.
- One time project manager assigned the task to go the newly deployed tower site along with sub-con team to figure out the signal throughput issue as peer engineers were not able to figure out the problem. I checked the installation step by step and climb the tower along with rigger to check the antenna installation and noticed that antenna connector was loose and sub-standard weatherproofing tape was used. Peer engineers were not checking the antenna installation and riggers ignored the connector tightness. Ultimatelty signal throughput issure was resolved
- Configure, maintain, and troubleshoot network infrastructure at corporate headquarters, and branch offices including switches, routers, firewalls, VPN, and content filters.
- Upgrades network infrastructure by conferring with vendors; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements
- Maintains up to date network diagrams and documentation
Confidential, South Riding, VA
- Involved in post processing of drive test data in XCAP and Wind catcher.
- Involved in design, deployment and optimization of Cablevision's 100,000+ Hotspot Optimum Wi-Fi (802.11n) wireless network in greater New York, New Jersey and Connecticut markets.
- Created, reviewed and validated RF designs for the deployment of Wi-Fi access points providing coverage to customer Confidential rsquo;s businesses across public places such as parks, parking lots, transit stations, school fields, stadiums, marinas, boardwalks, etc.
- Utilized Mentum Planet for performing various aspects of design including propagation modeling, Geo Data (Clutter, Clutter Heights and Heights), generating coverage predictions, Interference matrices, frequency planning and SNR Values
- Designed walk routes to measure the existing network coverage using Google Earth Pro
- Reviewed RF site audit reports for client and followed up with vendor for issue addressing resolutions.
- Provided engineering support in supervising project engineering process, including processing of Delivery Notes, hardware installation as per approved survey and software configuration, acceptance testing, integration with upper layer devices, onsite support on Huawei DSLAM MA5600 Series, MSAN UA5000 and Power distribution cabinet's installation.
- Preparation of PR Pool for project delivery as per BOQ and SOW; Presales support to Marketing Team for BOQ and Solution Finalization
- Responsible for support in Installation of new racks, devices to be installed into cabinets, E1 Cables, Ethernet (Cat5, Cat5e) Cables, Optical Patch Cords (SM and MM) and DC Power Cables for connectivity according to network diagrams, labeling all devices and cables per customer standards
- Performed internal process audits, subcontractor qualifications and EHS spot checks; planned project delivery as per PIP, Resource plan finalization for the execution of project
- Processed KCP inspection in project level, output QC Checklist. Obtained site implementation plan from Project Manager, confirmed its implementation with subcontractor, and selected 20% of sites for audit
- Conducted hardware installation Quality inspections of wireless and fixed network sites and reported findings to Project Manager, Delivery Quality Assurance and subcontractor
- Published QA results and conducted RCA with subcontractor; ensured completion of project within timelines with efficient use of resources and Meetings and coordination with Customer on project progress and issues; presales support to Marketing Team for BOQ and Solution Finalization
- Managed sub-contractors to ensure compliance with change control, specifications and quality standards; responsible for handling/monitoring technical cases on ticket system during the entire resolution process
- Key areas are Routing protocols BGP, OSPF and EIGRP, Static routes, BW congestion, IOS upgrades, Access lists, Call manager issues and Subnet validations.
- Implement a site-to-site IPSec VPN for remote office and perform troubleshooting end-to-end between offices
- Monitoring of Testing and configuration of Single-Mode/Multi-Mode Patch Cords(Optical Fibre) with sub-contractor
- Hardware support of Cisco Routers and Switches, among them are 7200, 5300, 3600, 2600 Routers and 6500, 4000, Catalyst 2900 switches.
- Supervise Installation as per approved standards by customer of Huawei DSLAM MA5600, MSAN UA5000 series and DC Power System.
- Performed configuration, integration, service testing, troubleshooting and Acceptance Testing with customer of Huawei DSLAM MA5600, MSAN UA5000 series and DC Power Systems