- Confidential has a wide and varied career in many different spheres of Information Technology.
- These include large and small scale network engineering, various Unix system and DB engineering/management and administration, customer engagement and support, field engineering, and many other technologies.
CISCO HARDWARE: Cisco Routers, (1600 through 7500 models), Catalyst Switches (1900 through 6513 models), WLAN hardware, PIX firewalls (all types), Content Service Switch (all types), Hubs, VPN3000 Concentrators, Cisco UCS servers (220 and 240 chassis)
CISCO FIRMWARE: Cisco IOS, Catalyst Native and Hybrid Switch Software, CiscoWorks 2000, Load Balancing Program, Cisco Website, Oracle/SUN Solaris 8/9/10, Informix database.
NETWORK HARDWARE: Access servers, hubs and concentrators, routers, switches, bridges, VPN devices, NICs, CSU/DSUNETWORK SOFTWARE:CiscoWorks 2000, NetScout and NetProbe, MRTG, Sniffer tools, NetViz, Visio 2000, network documentation and change management tools.
DESKTOP/SERVER HARDWARE: HP, Dell, Compaq, IBM, Linux systems, SAN, fiber, Ethernet, printers.
DESKTOP/SERVER SOFTWARE: RedHat 4 and 5, vSphere 5.3 and 5.5 systems, MS Windows from XP through Windows 10, Microsoft Office, MS Project, Excel, PowerPoint, various trouble ticket systems.
Confidential, Columbus, OH
Senior Systems EngineerResponsibilities:
- Team member responsible for planning/architecting/executing operations on the US’s largest cable TV provider network.
- Tier 3 support for all aspects: DBDS systems, monitoring, verification, capacity, future technologies, and day to day operations.
- Technologies include: Solaris, Informix DB, large scale IP networking, Linux, vSphere, and RF - specific expertise, customer support techniques, project planning and execution, scripting, and on-site verification and documentation where needed.
Confidential, Lawrenceville, GA
Network Consulting EngineerResponsibilities:
- Lead member of the Field Operations team to install and upgrade digital cable TV systems in the U.S and internationally.
- Heavy field operations travel schedule to maintain maximum uptime while improving technology and capacity. Skills include Unix and Solaris administration, Cisco UCS hardware, vSphere and vmWare virtual servers, IP networking, DB maintenance, RF-specific equipment, project management and scheduling, and network engineering where needed.
Confidential, Dublin, OH
Senior Network EngineerResponsibilities:
- Hired specifically to design, implement and lead an Internet web hosting site in Dallas TX for SBC/Yahoo, resulting in the project being completed on tight deadline and on budget. The team designed project solutions for many customers for e-business and B2B communications.
- Level 3 support for remote offices and customer connections. Maintain and improve customer transactions by upgrading technology.
Confidential, Columbus, OH
- Served as technical liaison between Operations and Sales departments, and as a Customer Network Development specialist.
- The product featured a high-speed wireless Internet Service, 24x7 monitoring, webhosting and web design. Skills used in this position include: wide knowledge of LAN/WAN operations, sales and support techniques, and project planning and execution.