- Experienced in Windows/Linux/Unix based servers, Application/Production Support, Systems & Networking Support, Incident/Problem/Change Management, Client Support for Financial Applications, with various apps/tools, such as job scheduler, bash Shell & Perl Scripting, FTP and Rollouts
- Working experience with apps in a Linux environment as well as maintaining Linux shell scripts.
- Experienced in Windows/Unix/Linux Server OS,KVM, IPMI and Network Infrastructures and its Environments.
- Experienced in working with MS SQL 2005/2012 - Operations and sever administration
- Strong experience in Database/Backend testing coding in UNIX/LINUX, Shell scripts, Oracle and SQL queries.
- Strong background with IT governance, IT infrastructure security, privacy for internal & external.
- Expert in assisting Project Engineering team working as co-coordinating team members located globally and providing professional services.
- Expertise in specifications, analyze, debugging, technical documents and troubleshooting.
- Excellent communicator and able to build strong relationships with co-workers and managers across multiple divisions including legal, management, research, sales, and trading.
- Ability to provide 1st & 2nd UNIX support issues.
- Implemented, followed, and enforced agreed upon internal escalation practices and procedures related to critical, medium, and low priority service incidents for clients.
- Experienced Linux System Engineer and played a pivotal role in the deployment and integration of products into customers’ physical and environments.
- Ability to produce quality application documentation including requirements, design, test procedures, etc.
- Experience with networking, TCP/IP, DNS, HTTP/HTTPS, SFTP Basic level knowledge of security and information gathering tools like nslookup, traceroute, ping, wireshark, tcpdump and netstat.
- Self-starter with strong work ethic and skills in time management, client relationship and ability to learn/adapt.
- Enjoy working collaboratively with testers, developers and other team members in testing complex projects and in the overall enhancement of software product quality.
- Good analytical and communication skills and ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Organized, attention to detail, self-motivation, personable, multi-focused and ability to meet deadlines.
- Linux, SunOs, MS Win 2000 - 2012 Servers, MS SQL Server 2008R 2/2008/2005/2000, Bash Shell Scripting, Korn shell, coding/maintaining shell scripts.
- KVM, IPMI, TCP/IP, WINS, DHCP, DNS, wired/wireless network, switches and routers
- Oracle, MySQL, SQL Server, Access, Crystal Reports, Infomaker, Excel
- Windows 10/8/7/XP/ME/2000, UNIX, Apple, Ubuntu
- Active Directory, DC, GPO, DHCP, DNS, Network Security, Visual Basic, Terminal Services, MS Office Suite
- VMware, Symantec Ghost, EFS, Nagios, KVM
- IPv6/IPv4 CPanel configuration assignments, rDNS, NIC configuration/ Dual Stack, IPv6 connection troubleshooting
- TCP/IP, FTP, Telnet, VPN, Remote Support
PRODUCTION SUPPORT ENGINEER/LINUX ADMINISTRATION
Confidential, Piscataway, NJ
- Responsible for installing, configuring, and monitoring the health of Linux/Unix/Windows in a 2500+ Networked server environment
- Server hardware builds, Racking, stacking, wiring, as per spec/provisioning requirements, inventory.
- KVM, IPMI, SSH, VNC, RDP
- Provided 1st & 2nd Linux/UNIX/Windows support on any technical issues experienced by customers.
- Working experience with MS Win 2003-2012, Microsoft Exchange Server, IIS along with UNIX/Linux.
- Interacting with customers via support tickets, e-mail.
- Effected streamlining and standardization for increased efficiency and tech communication within the DataCenter team.
- Created more efficient testing of failed components for fixability vs. RMA.
- Trained DataCenter personnel where knowledge gaps were found, in HardWare, SoftWare and Applications.
- Documenting for users and system administration team.
PRODUCTION SUPPORT/SYSTEM ADMINISTRATION
Confidential, Paterson, NJ
- Experience with financial apps in a Linux/UNIX/Windows environments.
- Responsible updating & fixing system Linux servers and in charge of maintenance and configuration of Networks and their devices.
- Interacting with various vendors about providing hardware support & back up maintains the hardware.
- Responsible for installing, configuring, executing and monitoring the health of Linux/Unix/Windows Srvs.
- Testing and suggesting improved or new architecture for systems and also updates, making documentation for installation procedures.
- Documenting for users and system administration team is written by the Linux admin.
- Administration supporting office printers and a small number of workstations that run various OS.
- Provided 1st & 2nd UNIX support on any technical issues experienced by customers relating to financial apps.
- Executed various SQL queries with Oracle in order to view successful transactions of data.
- Planned, designed and implemented application database code objects, such as stored procedures, triggers, cursors, tables, views, joins and statements.
- Developed and implemented various Automation Tools for server and application maintenance.
- Working experience with MS Win 2003/2008, Microsoft Exchange Server, IIS along with UNIX/Linux.
- Interacting with customers via support tickets, e-mail, IM, and Phone calls
- Communicated with Application Developers, Project Managers and other Team Members on Application testing status on an on-going basis when necessary.
- Understanding of FIX Protocol, Equities, Derivatives, Fixed-incomes, Bond markets and Capital Markets.
- Worked closely with Service Managers and internal teams to ensure that all aspects of the customer's on going system support and administration are successful.
Confidential, HORSHAM, PA
- Full involvement of Linux server administration, account management, files systems.
- Provided first level response and proactive support for operational functions including, but not limited to System Administration Client-facing Application Support Performance.
- Monitored of key infrastructure components Server and Operating System installations.
- Upgraded and patch management Work closely with developers, product managers and infrastructure teams on the identification and implementation of improvements to operational procedures, including change preparation, execution and validation.
- Interacted with customers and vendors to troubleshoot existing network or system problems.
- Documented existing infrastructure whenever beneficial to the support function.
- Communicated and implemented system and network changes ensuring stability of the environment as well as compliance with industry best practices.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining process automation scripts using Linux.
- Involved in compatibility testing, integration testing and user acceptance testing.
- Scripting knowledge to provide proactive monitoring, performance tuning for Unix and Linux.
- Strong partnerships with key technology vendors and ability to drive vendor relationships.
- Responsible for creating weekly status reports regarding the progress of testing process.
Confidential, New Jersey
- Administered multi-level in Linux, UNIX and Windows Based Work Station and Servers along with SQL/Oracle based Databases.
- Provided 2nd/3rd level support in Systems, Networking, Software/Hardware, Exchange/Email, Printer servers along with various 3rd party applications.
- Provided IT services such as hardware, software, networking, purchasing, database and programming to Small businesses and home office clients.
- Fixed/tuned various application & troubleshooting customer software/hardware issues.
- Product updates, Nightly, weekly, monthly systems backup.