- To obtain an IT Systems Administrator position utilizing my server experience and technical skills
Operating Systems: Microsoft Server 2016/2012/2008, Windows 10/8/7/XP, Apple IOS
Software: Smart Deploy Imaging Software, SyncBackPro, SonicWALL VPN Client, KACE, Revit/AutoCAD, Bitdefender, Symantec Endpoint Protection, Trend Micro, Bluebeam, Drawboard PDF, Office 365/2016/2013/2010, ShoreTel Communicator
Hardware: Microsoft Surface Tablet/Dell/HP/Lenovo, iPhone/iPad/MacBook/iMac, BlackBerry
Confidential, Rockville, MD
- Troubleshoot network switch in Hyper V when users cannot access network shared files due to the virtual server points to the wrong virtual network switch.
- Create server/10/7 virtual machines and adjust its performance settings in Hyper V. Patch servers.
- Make changes to fix the incorrect granted permission and inherited permission on folders in Server 2012 R2.
- Image computers via PXE boot by using Smart Deploy and Windows Deployment Services.
- Copy users’ data between locations or hardware with SyncBackPro to bypass the “file name too long” problem.
- Upgrade network card and physical switch from 1 Gb to 10 Gb.
- Support and create deployments AutoCAD and Revit for users. Manage Netgear switch and SonicWall firewall.
- Create policies and scan viruses on PCs using Bitdefender portal.
- Resolve day - to-day network/hardware/software/iPhone/iPad/tablet problems that are encountered by users.
- Support users when they have VPN connection problems. Use Dell KACE for the ticketing systems.
- Use Symantec Backup Exec to back-up to SAN storage and to tape drive.
- Push settings and updates through Group Policy. Enjoy working independently and in a group setting.
IT Systems Administrator
- Familiar with using Anti-Ransomware tool to prevent from infection and decrypt after infection on workstations.
- Discovered hacking attempts based on the source IP Address via Event Log.
- Setup Windows 10/7 computers, join domain and install software. Provided technical support to users on-site and off-site on desktop/laptop/printer/scanner/iPhone/iPad/MacBook/iMac problems.
- Imaged and cloned workstations as a disaster back-up plan with Acronis software. Recovered a local Administrator password and repair laptops/desktops that are not bootable.
- Troubleshooted network and internet issues with ipconfig flushdns/ping/tracert/pathping/nslookup.
- Configured Netgear Firewall device for users to remote (RDP) into their computer at work and to access company data through VPN.
- Maintained Active Directory changes and daily operation on the physical Server 2012.
- Distributed critical Windows Updates to the domain workstations through using Windows Server Update Services (WSUS). Decreased the fast growing WSUS database’s size problem significantly.
- Combined the LAN ports for redundancy and performance as NIC Teaming.
- Assigned the correct access permission on folders and network drives via using the Share and NTFS Permission (with Disabled Inheritance). Create and use Security Group on the shared folders.
- Imaged physical Server 2012, backup and restore users’ data by using Windows Server Backup.
- Created and applied permission on Group Policy Object (GPO) for sharing network drives and printers instead of using a script. Troubleshooted Group Policy’s issues in Event Log.
- Deployed software (.msi) through Group Policy. Backup GPO.
- Setup DHCP Server and assign static IP Address exclusion range on the physical Server 2012.
- Installed Print Server and the drivers on the physical Server 2012.
- Ensured application/software run correctly on workstations by configuring the Windows Firewall’s settings on the physical Server 2012.
- Created and used Shadow Copy for restoring data back to the previous state.
- Built RAID storage for the physical Server 2012. Familiared with DNS that connects to Active Directory.
- Experienced in managing anti-virus software on workstations via Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP)/Trend Micro Console.
- Imaged and cloned the physical Server 2012 with Acronis software (Backup and restore users’ data).
- Created testing virtual machines by using VMware vSphere Client to manage VMware ESXi.
- Interacted as a liaison between Sage Timberline, BuilderMT, and Sales Simplicity in resolving IT problems.
- Installed and configured Wi-Fi Access Points (Employee SSID and Guest SSID) for the company.
- Installed Cisco VPN Client software on workstations and resolve any related Internet connection problems.
- Configured Cisco IP Phone by telnet into a switch with the command-line.
- Documented all passwords, configuration, and diagrams of the network infrastructure for the company.
- Determined to be a resourceful and self-independent person when it comes to problem-solving situation.
- Interacted with users with an outgoing personality and a strong interpersonal communication skill.
IT Support/Network Specialist
- Resolved day-to-day users’ computer hardware and software problems (log into PC, Outlook, network drive/printer).
- Repaired computer hardware problems (desktop/laptop component, scanner, printer, monitor).
- Provided technical support to users who have iPhone/iPad/MacBook/iMac problems (hardware/software).
- Assisted users with Lync connection problems.
- Added mailbox and set-up Outlook profile.
- Provided phone support to remote users with computer issues.
- Troubleshooted internet connection problems with network command (ipconfig all/release/renew/flushdns, ping, pathping, tracert, nestat, arp -a, nslookup).
- Managed users/computers (create/disable/unlock/move/reset) in Active Directory of Server 2008 R2.
- Created script in Active Directory for network shared drives, network printers and debug the connection problems.
- Set permission for users/containers in Active Directory via Sharing and Security.
- Created and link Group Policy Object (GPO) to Active Directory containers (users/computers).
- Had training on Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) and software deployment (.msi) in Server 2008 R2.
- Installed and add features in Remote Server Administration Tools (RSAT) on Windows 7 PC.
- Built virtual machines in Hyper V of Server 2008 R2.
- Familiared with creating virtual machines through using VMware vSphere Client for managing VMware ESXi 5.0.
- Had an outgoing personality, a strong customer service and interpersonal relationships.
Desktop Support Technician
- Re-imaged PC from Windows XP to Windows 7 through SCCM (OSD) and perform data transfer.
- Troubleshooted hardware and software problems on Windows XP (Office 2003) and Windows 7 (Office 2010).
- Resolved extensive Outlook 2010/2003 problems (EMC/pst/connection).
- Mapped shared drives and troubleshoot networked printers connection.
- Installed software and debug various problems for thousands of FDA users.
- Used SCCM to resolve problems remotely and configure wireless settings on PC.
- Assisted users and debug problems related to logging-into the network account with smart card and password.
- Performed password reset/unlock/enable in Active Directory, Check-Point, and Point-sec.
- Assisted users connect remotely using RSA Token (reset/unlock/re-synchronize PIN).
- Resolved the Cisco Any Connect and Cisco VPN Client connection errors.
- Managed and track ticket workload using Peregrine Service Center application.
IT Technical Support
- Performed PC reimages and initial configuration setup.
- Debugged Internet, intranet, extranet and Office 2007 problems.
- Installed, configured and upgraded standard and proprietary company software applications.
- Performed data restoration and backup for users (e.g. Iomega, USB drives, CD-ROM).
- Resolved various PC viruses, spyware and malware problems.
- Taught new users computer basics. Installed and configured workstations.