- 13 - 14 years of experience in Computer Engineering fields such as Software Configuration management, release manager Environment and Change Management, Software programming, Build & Release Engineering, Server maintenance, Network Administrative Implementations, Technical Architecture and infrastructure planning, technical project Management as well as business development
- Held multiple positions through career such as IT infrastructure lead, software configuration manager, release manager, build engineer, environment manager, Senior manager, technical/program manager
- As release manager ensured implementation of release cycles by following Agile methodology. Helps teams in adapting to scrum methodology to enhance the processes and set guidelines.
- Worked as technical lead, Computer Analyst, programmer, configuration and release engineer on implementations, communications, installations and environment triage of various software applications. Coordinated with the business, technical organizations, and other affected areas to plan and implement the major infrastructure and application releases in test and production environments.
- Successful implementation of software cycles to achieve deadlines and code migration through from lower to higher environments such as DEV, SIT, UAT, QA and production to follow the software development life cycle.
- Orchestrated with all related technical and business teams to troubleshoot any issues and report on the incident causing the issue.
- Worked on change approvals going into various environments to avoid change conflict.
- Maintained environment up time as it is mission critical to the delivery of business-critical projects on time.
- Extremely energetic in managing teams with excellent analytical, organizational and creative skills.
- Maintain configuration files: Maintain software configuration files for each line of business (LOB)
- Well versed with IT infrastructure, 3 - tier server architectures, data center migrations and multi- application infrastructure and software programming experience in Object-Oriented Methodology
- Expert in multiple version control systems such as SVN, GIT (GITHUB,GITlab), CVS, Clearcase.
CM TOOLS: GIT, GITLAB,Subversion,Tortoise, Subversion, Rational Clearcase 2002.05.x/5.x/4.x/3.2.1,Rational Clearcase for multisite, BaseClearcase, UCM, Clearcase, RCS, CVS, SCCS, UCM, PVCS, Rational suite 2002.x/2001A,, ANT, MAKE, InstallShield, V.4, V.5, Visual Source Safe,Cruisecontrol,Mercury Quality Center,Chef, Puppet
Databases: SQL Server, MS-Access, Oracle, IBM DB2, Couchbase
Build Tools: ANT, Make, gmake, nmake, Clearmake, omake,Cruisecontrol,Hudson,Contious Integration, ANTHill Pro, Glassfish
Servers: Samba, Telnet, FTP, IDS, NIS, NFS, Kerboros, Web server s (Apache, Tomcat), MS-IIS, Weblogic 7.0,7.1,8.1(SP1-SP4), Webshpere, Weblogic,Glassfish,HTTP, AKAMAI, CITRIX
Operating Systems: Sun Solaris (OS 5.9), Linux Red Hat 7.2/8.0/9.0/Fedora, AIX 5L 5.x, MS-DOS,Windows NT/2K/2003 Server, XP Pro
Protocols: TCP/IP, UDP, SMTP, 802.11B wireless technologies
Programming: Used C and C++ in a Unix environment. Visual Basic, Visual C++, Data structures in C and C++, Assembly level programming (hardware), HDL, Verilog, Visual basic 6.0,NET, Java
Project Management Tools: MS Project Server, Excel, MS project plan, Gantt charts, Mercury Quality centre, UML diagrams, Excel, Rational ClearQuest 2002.05.x/2001A. deployment managements tools, JIRA, Salesforce, MS dynamics, BMC Remedy, PAC 2000, in- house reporting and defect tracking mechanisms, Bugzilla
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
- Infrastructure lead, Software configuration manager and release manager for enterprise infrastructure and middleware team in IT department of Williams Sonoma based in San Francisco.
- Lead multiple development teams to ensure software development/coding adheres to timelines.
- Ensure that programming fundamentals are followed and come up with standards and guidelines for object oriented methodologiesOn a day to day basis lead builds and deployments on regular deployment window so that all applications work together in an integrated fashion.
- Prioritize team tasks for new deployment requests, defect fixes, trouble shooting and coordination using various software tools
- Some of the supported applications are IBM Sterling (order management system), TIBCO & MDM middleware, RMS (retail management system), eCom, marketing and some other in-house retail applications
- Created Kanban boards as scrum leader as teams were migrating from waterfall to Agile completely.
- Also helped with JIRA workflows and created multiple dashboards for build request approvals to higher envs and to track deployment statues as well as bugs/issues.
- As environment manager helped teams trouble shoot and identify with various env issues such as System being down, DB down, NW issue, Security/firewall, Planned maintenance/outage, Code version incompatibility, SW version incompatibility, incorrect deployment and few other possible data issues
- Worked with cross functional teams for different activities such as Linux and AIX patching, enterprise releases, other outages due to maintenance and SW version and operating system upgrades
- Worked on various presentations for meetings with higher management. Role very similar to a senior manager infrastructure
- Inventory management and capacity planning of servers. Also wrote scripts for capturing OS, CPU, memory, diskspace usage and few other server configs to plan for server capacity and budget allocation of newer infrastructure.
- These efforts were ongoing as a part of architecture enhancement efforts.
- Responsible for enterprise application management such as software installation, setup environments & configurations, network, load balancers/F5, KT for applications and work flow, develop scripts
- Responsible in areas of software configuration management around builds and deployments of code through software development life cycle.
- Work on code propagations within various environments such as development, integration, SIT, regression, UAT, pre-production and production
- Setup, build and deploy through Jenkins console and ensure health check pages to check that applications are deployed correctly and are up and running.
- Design procedures and maintain document library in SharePoint, Confluence, manage statistics and logistics via excel.
- Work on various deployment plans for enterprise releases
- Work with multiple teams for production and non-prod issues, teams include Oracle DBA, enterprise QA, Sterling IBM, TIBCO, TIBCO master data management platform, infrastructure and middleware teams, production support.
- Also with service level management team to put in requests for VIPs, CCR, CERTS, design high availability systems for PROD, design DR capabilities, performance tuning parameters
Confidential, Sunnyvale, CA,
Software Configuration Manager
- Lead the software development life cycles from development to production
- As a part of release management, worked on code freezes, release schedules, vcs strategies, approver and email group management
- Ensure that builds and deployments of multiple dependent Java applications are successful, and regression passes
- Worked with various development teams to ensure infrastructure is setup and configured correctly.
- Migrated SVN to GIT version control system - overall of about 70 applications.
- Configuring and Managing web hooks, GIT hooks to ensure certain tickets, strategy for branching and managing shorter release cycles with development and QA.
- Implemented DDL’s using SQL developer for multiple application teams.
- Held scrum meetings to ensure project deliverables are met and managed documentation with access privileges to multiple in-house software’s.
- Coordinate multiple server outages for critical patches, oracle updates and analyze impact for environments including stress and performance
- Implemented continuous integration system using Jenkins for automated builds, ensure configurations for every release and code monitoring
- Via Continues integration, implemented code coverage using checkstyle, CPD, PMD, code coverage
- Implement and Manage issue and task tracking using in-house software
- Establish standards and best practices for various dev teams
- Create and support various UNIX and Linux user accounts
- Maintain non-prod infrastructure and server health on linux servers
- Liaison between multiple teams such as Dev, PM, QA, Operations, Linux, DBA, Apple production support and various other ticketing systems.
Confidential, San Francisco, CA,
Software Configuration Manager
- Worked with Wholesale Technology services at Confidential in San Francisco Office.
- Key member in Wholesale Service and Change Implementation/Infrastructure and Build and Release services teams.
- Lead various initiatives and held multiple roles such as build and release engineer, technical project manager, infrastructure planning, production and non-prod support
- On day to day basis worked on automated builds and deployments during business hours using
- ANTHILL Pro. Supported various builds on both in windows and unix environments
- Worked with app teams to develop an iterative release pattern by closely following AGILE and
- SCRUM methodologies. Also on boarded various apps to follow Agile and scrum concepts.
- Deployments on WebLogic, webshere, JIRA environments. Helped trouble shooting with app teams on build failures.
- Participated in business development projects with multiple application teams and various business partners.
- Worked very closely with customers to onboard applications to avail of services from our central infrastructure team.
- Active member in change control board/ peer review meetings. Acted as an approver on CR’s, ECR’s as well as one time change requests to ensure no critical impact is caused to business.
- As a major security patching initiative, key member for Unix OS patching, WebLogic, middleware, database patching for every quarter and helped applications plan their schedules to have a repeatable schedule for every quarter.
- Trained resources on various in house tools for deployments, patching, scheduling
- Created and approved change requests for production implementations such as SSL certs, patching, code deployment
- Multi App Support- Trouble shooting multiple issues in production and non-production by working closely with middleware engineers, operating system engineers, DBA’s, technical architects, F5, DMZ team
- Helped engaging correct resources to implement infrastructure changes & Ensured critical online windows (COW) is being met.
- Performed DNS rolls to ensure portals are up and running all the time for critical applications. Also, to ensure minimal impact.
- These rolls were from production to disaster recovery and vice-versa.
Confidential, San Francisco, CA,
- Designed online RIMS (research information management system) to handle research projects in various departments such as solar, computer, electrical, nuclear, mechanical, civil industrial engineering as well this petroleum management and engineering
- With overall IT experience, guided IT administration team to activate accounts, LDAP user administration, various web services that were used for PDPU website, configure DNS to allow communication with universities across globe
- Initiated and led the project on implementing Moodle (Modular Object-Oriented Dynamic Learning Environment) which is very similar to ERP model in order to allow modular internet-based courses and to further facilitate e-learning and virtual learning environment
- Hosted the US ambassador and delegation at the 1 MW Solar Park on campus. Also work as business development manager with various industry partners as well as US, Canada, Australia, The
- Netherlands, France, UK embassies and High Commissions to establish university collaborations and help students with training & placements
- Leading Canadian University initiatives .Recently brought 8 new collaborations with Canadian University for students to pursue, study abroad, semester exchanges, summer internship, research and international exchange programs
- Manager for Gujarat- New Brunswick roundtable on energy, oil and gas held at PDPU where Minister of Economic Development and Minister of Mines were guests along with delegation from Invest NB, Canada
- Hosted and coordinated US commercial service delegates at PDPU, led ELS delegation visit of various universities from US at PDPU to brief students about higher education in US
- Working on various international initiatives with US university partners such as University of
- Houston, University of Oklahoma, Texas A & M, Georgia Tech
- Assist with various research initiatives for activity in center of excellences such as geothermal, shale gas, shale oil, continued education, solar research and development center
- Pursuing possible partnerships with The Netherlands for university collaborations, off-shore wind projects, to have solar consortium and to have manufacturing labs for high efficiency solar cells.
- Led various expo such as 7th renewable energy expo, Global R & D summit by FICCI from PDPU side
- Pursing work with university in Australia such as Curtin, Edith Cowan university, University of
- Wollongong and working on projects in partnership with Asian Development Bank Japan
- Developing optimal utilization plan for lab equipment, active participant in research advisory board
Confidential, Redwood City, California,
Digital Configuration Manager/Technical Lead
- As a part of Digital Game Integration team, she drives all video game title release schedules, configures and works on setups of digital content
- Coordinates the efforts of multiple functional and regional teams to ensure on time and high quality release of digital content
- Responsible for delivering EA critical ecommerce and direct to consumer strategy.
- Programmer of various digital rights management (DRM) tools based on the games such as Sims family, Bioware, EA online access, Install Shield, Sony release control etc
- Supporting various 3- tier java architectures starting from web server, application server and database layers
- Responsible for various global release times all over the world in various zones such as North
- America, Asia Pacific, Europe etc.
- Monitor games in production and trouble shoot and solve any active production issues of various video games
- Validate user experience by downloading and installing a PC game during various stages of setup and release cycle.
- Actively participates in day to day trouble shooting to solve production issues and improve user experience
- Configure production and integration servers and DRM files to be wrapped with the digital game and configure digital content for delivery
- Coordinates the efforts of game teams, producers, engineers, QA, regional eCommerce administrators, external vendors and customer service to ensure on time and high quality release of digital content
- Organize/sort/filter/collate/publish large amounts of data across architectures and work flows
- Solve issues related to windows registry keys, install paths, web services and API’s troubleshooting windows installs.
- Configures new game setups using in house technologies and tools across the software development life cycles.
Confidential, San Francisco, CA,
Release Manager-Software Configuration Manager
- On boarded multiple insurance applications to use Wholesale service and change implementation methodologies.
- Set standards and guidelines for on boarding process.
- Provided structure and definition to the deployment calendar with monthly maintenance activities such as hot fixes, defects fixes, windows updates, interface upgrades and major quarterly, new version releases.
- Determined build schedules and ensured that builds were tested and transitioned well from SIT, QA to production environment.
- Planned the implementation /installs for Cybersure short term enrollment project, Cybersure Wachovia Integration project and worked very closely to meet the timelines for Cybersure Data Centre move project in multiple environments.
- Built relationship between multiple teams that would participated in Cybersure DC move- CEO portal, CEO portal QA, WAS, UAM, Envoy, insurance QA, performance testing, DMZ, insurance infrastructure, F5, middleware engineering, OSE. Also, liaison for 3rd party vendor companies such as XDTI, Thought works, PCS.
- Coordinated with 3rd party release management teams and their schedule for smooth transitioning of software deliverables.
- Ensured that the application releases are implemented in production as planned.
- Assisted constantly in determining the interdependence between various teams’ activities for data center move. Setup infrastructure including NDM tasks, site minder setup, and App server installs IP assignments, IIS server, and hostnames.
- Participated in weekly project status meetings and helped with the prioritization of defects, hot fixes
- Implemented Environment triage in all non- prod and prod environments.
- Hosted major and minor implementations/installs on EACO to help with resource allocation, provide centralized communication to Wholesale technology Services, assist escalation process, ensure QA sign offs
- Created game plans and conducted walkthroughs for all installs to finalize the implementation steps
- Helped determine the impact on the application based on the issue and follow up with resolution.
- Kept a track of issues through entire release and compare with previous releases to improve the overall deployment processes.
- Conducted post implementation review at end of every new release or major activity such as data center move.
- Created Change Requests for various efforts and worked on approval process.
- Constantly assisted with preventive action process with change management team
- Helped with WAM alerts, Quick news, MU postings and other communications. Work closely with
- Wholesale Service level management that monitored all production support issues.
- Participated in security planning and some of FSD, BRD discussions.
Confidential, Pleasanton, CA,
Technical Architect/Lead and Configuration Manager.
- Architected and implemented Subversion as version and source control system for all enterprise software development teams and integrated this with Hudson, a continuous integration automated build engine.
- Used Apache HTTP, Ant, maven, and other java build utilities capabilities for overall implementation.
- Supported java, C++ and Visual basic applications within configuration management tools and well versed with application servers such as Bea Weblogic, Suns Glassfish.
- Carried out infrastructure activities and used familiarity with Solaris or UNIX based operating system
- Prepared project plans for teams as per budget and timeline constraints and ensure that deliverables are met as per deadlines.
- Prepared LOE’s (Level of efforts) for different work and acquire approvals for budget from client as well as management.
- Conducted interviews and manage resources as per skill sets. Performed technical as well as non- technical interviews for recruiting an array of roles starting from business analysts, functional analysts, developers, technical architects to networks and system administrators.
- Trained development teams to use subversion as configuration management tool as setup projects on Hudson to run automated builds.
- Participated in Change Control Board as a part of CM team in creation and implementation of the Change Control Process to ensure the standardization of the methods and policies.
- Performed installations, configurations, maintenance, and overall disaster recovery management of servers on Windows environment.
- Documented design, policies and procedures at business level as a part of corporate standards and guidelines.
- Interacted with various groups, including client and third-party contractors
- In charge of backup and restore operations as well as communication for server downtimes with clients and business users.
Confidential, Redwood City, California,
Software Configuration Manager
- Worked as CM on multiple Documentum (EMC) projects such as Energy Resources, Fossil Generation, Work Management Documents, Enterprise Document Repository (EDR) and other corporate wide projects.
- Worked as Project coordinator/manager in manager’s absence to organize and coordinate day- to-day tasks and meetings and enabling timeline completions.
- Led many development teams and coordinated software development life cycle of multiple projects through their iterations and releases by propagating applications between various environments based of project iteration cycle
- Wrote standards & guidelines as well as standard work instructions as SME for Configuration management builder for enterprise SDP process.
- Maintained overall server architecture through different server layers such as application server, content server and database layer and maintained all production and non-production environments such as development, integration test and user acceptance.
- Executed manual builds and deployments of applications in shared environments.
- Coordinated multiple activities between various teams such as middle tier, database, server, network engineering teams.
- Applied and maintained various version of code in source control system as CM.
- Performed clearcase administration for team by creating views,VOBS for individual developers as well as admin accounts on servers.
- Put in multiple production and non-production requests for other group dependent tasks using
- Peregrine systems.
- Performed load testing on site and off site to test stress on application using Load Runner scripts.
- Simulated high network performance tests in lab scenario using Shundra Storm environments.
- Maintained high availability envs through F5 load balancer in production.
- Supervised all environment management tasks such as clearing log files, made sure that environments are up, applied build labels, deployment efforts
- Configured Web infrastructure changes to access applications through aliases.
- Setup common email group for documentum team to better coordinate environment outages.
Confidential, Redwood City, California
- Worked at iDEN (Integrated Digital Enhanced Network) for overall analysis of automated rational Clearquest, Clearcase, DDTS (defect tracking system), XFlash, JAL (J2EE based), CPedit for radio units, software releases and mobile protocols.
- Designed schema in rational Clearquest for developer and tester bug logging.
- Performed software deficiency, change request updates and led change Control Board meetings.
- Specialized in both java features of media, audio and video and ergo features such as dispatch, interconnect calls.
- Intergrate software code changes of developers and create periodic software builds.
- Involved in setting up Rational Clearquest as defect tracking system towards employing improvement in customer service and fraud detection mechanisms
- Imparted training to junior CMs in implementing the Clearcase software, usage of Clearcase and
- Clearcase administration.
- Involved in setting up employee VOBs, VOB storage, administration of VOBs, backing up and restoring VOBs and administration of views.
- Involved in setting up baseline, created branches, managed parallel development and performed merges and code roll outs
- Involved in periodic archiving and storage of the source code for disaster recovery.
- Audited the current process of build and deployment to come up with more efficient and manageable approach.
- Participated in building Java applications with the team using make files (ANT utility) and shell scripting.
- As a Clearcase Build and Release Engineer, verified and released the Clearcase builds to the client.
- Ensured that the builds were consistent after being ported from different platforms.
- Performed daily Clearcase administration and SCM activities as per the quality control methodologies.
- Member of Asian Business Counsel at Motorola.
- Responsible for troubleshooting build issues and coordinating with software development teams, release managers, across several departments for fixing build issues in a timely manner.
- Modify the appropriate Make files from time to time to reflect code changes to improve build performance.
- Develop and Modify existing CM tools for efficient defect tracking for current and upcoming Motorola products.
- Develop and suggest improvements in tools for efficient Cloning & Linking, Label Moves Requests and other CM functionalities.
- Create CM as well as Customer Release notes for Motorola’s iDEN products
- Product SQA: Responsible for coordinating with several software teams and meeting product
- SQA requirements.
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
System Administrator/Configuration Manager
- Responsible for the migration of the application from Windows NT to 2000.
- Participated in developing tools for development, release and defect tracking operations using
- MS Visual studio, Borland JBuilder, SunOne, Forte (various java platforms).
- Developed a project to generate the daily reports of the company. Analysis of data gathering and report generation. The project required major change/update of the previous report.
- Supported overall system upgrades, web analysis and web development.
- Worked in installation, configuration and supervision of various database systems in windows environment.
- Created various GUIs as a part of development team in Java, Visual Studio C++, Visual Basic 6.0
- Participated in adding disk space, partitioning, formatting and creating slices.
- Extensive debugging and compilation of codes
- Involved in Development, QA and production builds and validated builds.
- Installed and administered web servers and application servers in Windows environment.
- Installed several web servers like IBM web sphere, Netscape, Apache etc for better administration purposes.
- Developed applications involving the use of X-Windows, Unix Inter - Process Communication, Daemon Processes, Run Time Switching between TCP and UDP Communication protocols.
- System Administrator for distributed Windows and Unix system glued together with DNS,NIS and
- NFS for Ethernet and FDDI; user support and long term development.
- Involved in installation of several software products and tools in the Windows NT/2000 environment.
- Administered users, user groups, memory management, file processing, cross platform sharing files, all tasks of system administrator in the windows environment.
- Designed maintenance screens in using Visual Studio.
- Set up the mail exchange system with network connection using SMTP server protocol between the company offices.