I am seeking a company in which I can begin a long - term career using my years of experience and education in telecommunications and electronics to further such a company’s growth. A team environment is the place for me. With my diverse knowledge of telecommunications and willingness to learn more, I can be a great asset and leader within your team.
Network Operations Field Tech
- Assist the Area Manager
- Assist/Mentor Other Area Techs
- Test, maintain, and operate all national backbone fiber systems that traverse the area including signal rates from DS1, OC-3 thru OC-192, 1GigE & 10 GigE, and DWDM backbone rails up to 100GigE
- Coordinate with and between Project Managers, Vendors, and Contractors for the completion of major and minor site, facility, and network installations
- Continually coordinate with internal real estate facilities, engineering, provisioning, IT, IP, NOC Surveillance, Planning, OSP, and other support groups
- Maintain and Operate Site DC Power Plants and backup battery testing
- Coordinate and conduct system grooms/rolls as needed to support network growth and strategic planning
- Conduct installation audits to maintain quality requirements
- Maintain site material/logistical inventories
- Assist with national network disaster recovery efforts as needed
- Trained and currently working with various Fujitsu, Ciena, Alcatel, and Cisco transport system platforms
Confidential, Austin, TX
- Worked as liaison between field operations and engineering. Supervised nine teams of two installers. Inspected their work to assure install standards were met.
- Turned up, commissioned and tested newly installed transport equipment as required.
- Provided material inventory, shortage, progress and time reports as required.
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- Extremely proficient in the implementation and operation of most Nortel high bandwidth transport equipment (OC-12, OC-48, OC-192 and Opt era LH-DX)
- Preform site audits for engineering.
- Test and turn up and troubleshooting of DS0 - OC192 circuits.
- Fiber route maintenance.
Information Systems Technician
Confidential, Dequeen, AR
- Network support between mill locations
- Install and maintenance POTS lines.
- Maintain Meridian PBX at each location