- Satellite Communications Engineer with over 6 years of military experience, with a background in analyzing and interpreting very broad communications according to user requirements.
- Responsible for the installation and activation of telecommunications in a SATCOM facility while coordinating and supervising the implementation of Confidential, Confidential, Confidential, and Confidential missions.
- AN/USC - 52
- Large Fixed X
- X/Ka-band Enterprise Terminal (MET)
- AN/TSC-156 Phoenix
- Satellite Transportable Terminal (STT)
- SLM-3650 / 6650
- TBAUD iDirect iDX2.3 TIMEPLEX
- KIV-7 / KIV-7M
- Block Upconverter / Downconverters
- Disciplined Frequency Standard
- Midas and Promina
- Fireberd 6000
- Fireberd 8000
- T-Berd 5800
- T-Berd 8000
- Oscilloscope and Spectrum Analyzer.
Network Operations Center Engineer
Confidential, Stafford, VA
- Interface directly with customers in troubleshooting and resolving circuit problems at both the earth station and customer location.
- Provide satellite access via iDirect, DataMiner and manage network connections through mRemoteNG.
- Collaborate with Senior Engineers in Program and Design Engineering to develop new technical solutions for customers as required.
- Implement proper corrective action procedures in the event of satellite communications or other transmission failures.
- Manage customers’ signals via Monics to confirm they are operating within assigned parameters specified in the S.A.A and R.O.E.
Satellite Communication Systems Operator Maintainer (25S)
Confidential, Fort Belvoir, VA
- Record of success combining leadership and technical skills to identify, evaluate, and resolve problems with large-scale, complex operations, often within a heavily regulated environment. Performed duties as a Satellite Communications Technician responsible for coordinating, supervising and repairing major communications systems to include the Modernization of Enterprise Terminals (MET), AN/GSC-52, MILSTAR and AN/USC-28.
- Specialized in circuit restoral procedures and outage reporting systems to include submitting trouble tickets via Remedy ITSM 8.1 and Master Station Log (MSL) within the Satellite Communications (SATCOM) facility. Ensured that all resources were properly supervised, trained, and utilized in support of 100% mission coverage of operational and maintenance activities. Responsible for technical writing to include Satellite Equipment Reports (SER), Detailed Outage Reports (DOR), and After Action Reviews (AAR) in an effort to provide the Command Group a snapshot of the mission capabilities on site.
- Performed Preventative Maintenance Checks and Services (PMCS) and operator level demand maintenance on all assigned communication equipment to include an array of cryptographic equipment, as well as Satellite Modems (SLM-3650 / 6650), Enhanced Bandwidth Efficient Modem (EBEM), and AN/USC-28 Modems), reducing service interruption times of sensitive high level communications during unscheduled outages.
- Executed complex and multifaceted tasks associated with stressed and unstressed network operations in support of high priority customers. Provides critical day-to-day oversight, planning, monitoring, assessment, direction, and execution of all networks while facilitating the communications of others. Operated, trained others, and managed spread-spectrum communications systems for national emergency operations (Electronic Counter-Counter Measures).
SATCOM Technician / TMDE Coordinator
- Troubleshoot, repair and maintain the AN/TSC-156 Phoenix and Satellite Transportable Terminal (STT) communications system.
- Thoroughly familiar with the use of associated Test Measurement Diagnostic Equipment (TMDE) for use in identification of faulty components to lowest replaceable unit.
- Experienced in coordinating with both Intermediate and Depot level repair facilities to ensure optimum performance and readiness by ensuring modifications, calibrations and upgrades have been performed on time and in accordance with specifications.